PDA

View Full Version : Shameless Plug

leah_jewel
11-15-2004, 05:22 AM
Hey guys.

Haven't been around the board much the past few days because I've embarked on a new endeavor:

Glorified whining!

It's actually a daily column I started and since I know many people here feel passionate about world affairs, I thought some of you may want to give it a looksie.

http://its-out-there.blogspot.com

It's a shameful (is that a word?) plug and I am, therefore, shamed. :(

gernaserna
11-15-2004, 05:33 AM
Yes, Leah_Jewel, shameful is a word. I feel ashamed, shamed and very shameful every time I stand on the scale. I sometimes expect the springs to go shooting across the bathroom floor. Oh yeah, let's not forget shameless.

Sebastien447
11-15-2004, 06:39 AM
Leah! You have your own blog! Cool! I'll add it to my rather lengthy list ... I'm a big time blogger ;D

And I agree fully with Sunday's entry ... our society seems to be steering people away from taking responsibility for their actions. Nobody is ever to blame, it's always someone else's fault! Well, where does the buck stop ... I say in the home ...

I see it all the time in my profession. We refer to many parents as "parachute parents." Whatever mistake little Johnny has made, Mommy and Daddy will make it all better. Teachers get numb to being blamed for "Johnny's" poor grades and behavior.

leah_jewel
11-15-2004, 08:03 AM
Leah! You have your own blog! Cool! I'll add it to my rather lengthy list ... I'm a big time blogger ;D

Bastien! I do! Thanks! ;D

Kirkus
11-15-2004, 02:05 PM
Is it shameless or shameful? I think if you're ashamed of it, that would make it shameful.

It seems to me that the word "shampoo" probably comes from the same root: sham. What does that say about clean hair?

Not to mention, "sham-a-lamma-ding-dong."

meadfish
11-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Kirkus, you may want to loosen your santa cap.. I think it is cutting off the blood to your brain! ::)