PDA

View Full Version : Ask Questions About the Suicide Pool HERE

Moose
06-12-2010, 07:13 AM
If you have questions about the 2010 Wimbledon Suicide Pool ask them in this thread and an answer will be posted as soon as possible.

sluggo-13
06-18-2010, 06:49 AM
Does Play begin on Sunday or Monday?

Moose
06-18-2010, 06:57 AM
Does Play begin on Sunday or Monday?

Wimbledon play begins Monday, Sluggo.

ptmcmahon
06-18-2010, 09:10 AM
THANK GOODNESS :)

sluggo-13
06-18-2010, 09:48 AM
THANK GOODNESS :)

I agree. If it was Sunday, it be left out of the pool. I missed the French Open pool because it started on a Sunday.

PeterSkan
06-20-2010, 07:11 AM
How nice - the Day 1 SP pick thread has a message from the Queen herself. I'm not surprised she hasn't pronounced decapitation for non-participants. She's actually quite pleasant and looks here rather like she did when I met her back in 2005.

Except that she appears to be wearing several cereal box prizes pinned to her left torso. That's my question ... what exactly are those things?

I know - it's a somewhat unconventional SP question, but I'm just *dying* to know.

heheheh

mmmm8
06-20-2010, 07:17 AM
How nice - the Day 1 SP pick thread has a message from the Queen herself. I'm not surprised she hasn't pronounced decapitation for non-participants. She's actually quite pleasant and looks here rather like she did when I met her back in 2005.

Except that she appears to be wearing several cereal box prizes pinned to her left torso. That's my question ... what exactly are those things?

I know - it's a somewhat unconventional SP question, but I'm just *dying* to know.

heheheh

Her SP medals. Duh! :cheesy:

gff0
06-20-2010, 08:50 AM
I apologize in advance if this isn't the appropriate thread. Please delete or move if so. There's often much talk about "best player without a major." What do y'all think about "best player without a suicide pool medal?" Right now I think this might be the only way I could get something! It could/would be a "traveling" medal, calculated based on successful selections divided by total tournaments played (minimum 8 tourneys). Thoughts? Logistically unfeasible?

Moose
06-20-2010, 08:57 AM
I apologize in advance if this isn't the appropriate thread. Please delete or move if so. There's often much talk about "best player without a major." What do y'all think about "best player without a suicide pool medal?" Right now I think this might be the only way I could get something! It could/would be a "traveling" medal, calculated based on successful selections divided by total tournaments played (minimum 8 tourneys). Thoughts? Logistically unfeasible?

:hyst:

Post of the day!

beaujarkko
06-20-2010, 09:03 AM

DING!

Bordering on impossible.

Love the idea, though!

gff0
06-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Bordering on impossible.

You mean moderating this website isn't a full-time paid position??? Guess I'll just have to stop sucking in the SP. Thanks for the frustating fun y'all provide!

mmmm8
06-20-2010, 09:12 AM
You mean moderating this website isn't a full-time paid position??? Guess I'll just have to stop sucking in the SP. Thanks for the frustating fun y'all provide!

Nothing to stop you from making your friends and family refer to you as "the best player without a suicide pool medal!"

beaujarkko
06-20-2010, 09:21 AM

If only it were!

And you're not alone... I have once in four years been past day 8 of a suicide pool, and with my trend of picking obscure outliers, I am destined either never to win or to have REALLY earned it!

Gliciouss
06-21-2010, 08:47 AM
sorry...never done this before
which thread is the tracking one for TW....if it is even on here
and is it updated every hour or whatever?

Moose
06-21-2010, 08:54 AM

I'll let someone from TW answer that directly for you Gliciouss, but you can track everyone's results in the Mens and Womens Picks and Results threads, which are updated periodically over the course of the day.

mmmm8
06-21-2010, 01:51 PM

Hi, Gliciouss! There's, unfortunately, no thread tracking for Tennis World. I've been working on the TW tracking since we've started the collaboration. I usually wait until there crowd thins out a bit and there are fewer people left and that's when I start following you guys. I'm going to probably do it Thursday this week so that Jackie can get it in the Friday Deuce Club post on TennisWorld. But it won't be posted here.

waylandboy-tw
06-23-2010, 06:35 PM
I picked Youzhny from the posted Order of Play in the Day 4 Men's thread, as have several others. I just noticed that match is no longer listed on Wimbledon's order of play. What are the options at this point? Keep the pick until it is played, or pick a new one?

shtexas
06-23-2010, 06:36 PM
I picked Youzhny from the posted Order of Play in the Day 4 Men's thread, as have several others. I just noticed that match is no longer listed on Wimbledon's order of play. What are the options at this point? Keep the pick until it is played, or pick a new one?

A decision will be up shortly

shtexas
06-23-2010, 06:48 PM
See announcement for men's sp pickers.

Youzhny/Mathieu is still eligible for day 4. But, those who choose to go that route must also make a day 5 choice for Friday and survive both.