PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the WIMBLEDON SUICIDE POOL

beaujarkko
06-12-2010, 06:08 AM
Hello all eager potential Suicide Pool players! I know it seems as though Roland Garros just ended (and that's true) but it is indeed time for another Suicide Pool. As we near the end of the first of five (amazing!) weeks that is the grass court season in its entirety, we are reminded that The Championships, Wimbledon is just about upon us.

So, stand back up after that beating you took at Roland Garros, dust yourselves off, and prepare to engage in the Suicide Pool that might be easier, if for no other reason than there are fewer picks to be made. (Like that'll make a difference, MWAHAHA!) Kidding, Glad you're all around and we look forward to seeing you over the next two weeks.

As a note of order, I, beaujarkko will be heading up things for the women's pool, and Moose will take care of the men's.

If this is your first suicide pool, please read the How it Works thread.

If you have any questions, please ask them HERE and someone will answer it as promptly as possible!

Good luck and enjoy!

ashok
06-18-2010, 08:56 AM
expect I'll be here (in the loser's lounge, I mean) pretty soon - this is the toughest first round draw I have seen in a loooong time.. everyone in roaring form is playing someone in equally roaring form! cripes!

Moose
06-18-2010, 10:03 AM
For everyone's information - I just looked a few minutes ago, and last year, the AEC did not release an Order of Play for Day 1 until around 1:00 p.m. on Sunday (that's London time). While we do not know if they will adhere to this for 2010, we are bound to wait for the official release of a start of play, even if articles and other references talk about certain players playing on Monday prior to the official release - we cannot run the risk of changes in scheduling. While we will make every effort possible to open the Day 1 threads as soon as possible, we do want to make everyone aware that it could be sometime morning to mid-day Sunday (depending on where you live) til we open the Day 1 threads.

ashwin
06-19-2010, 07:55 PM
The draw for Monday is out on Tennis.com. Can we get the page up and running for Day 1 picks?

Moose
06-19-2010, 09:06 PM
The draw for Monday is out on Tennis.com. Can we get the page up and running for Day 1 picks?

We won't be opening Day 1 until it is official from the AEC, Ashwin. It is how we have operated since our first SP 6 years ago, and with the high number of withdrawals (as well as some more possible) we find it the best approach to wait until the organizers officially release the schedule. We expect that to be sometime betwen 8 and 10 a.m. Eastern US time tomorrow.

ashwin
06-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Yeah, you are right.If there is a well established procedure, we must stick to it. Cant wait for it to open :)

beaujarkko
06-20-2010, 05:25 AM
Yeah, you are right.If there is a well established procedure, we must stick to it. Cant wait for it to open :)

And they're up!

(Good thing we wait for the Order of Play because of the 83294210394 withdrawals yesterday... good golly.)