PDA

View Full Version : A new philosophy on TOB?

Kirkus
12-18-2004, 08:32 AM
I just noticed on TOB (first time I've been there in months) the following at notice at the top of the page:

Attention Message Board Users: With the NFL in full swing and the NBA season beginning and college basketball around the corner, we here at ESPN.com just wanted to send you a friendly reminder of our rules of conduct. When using our message board services, please keep in mind that they are for members of all ages and meant to be fun for everyone. Offensive and inappropriate comments will not be tolerated and can result in temporary or permanent banishment from the boards. Please enjoy yourselves and remember to be courteous to all users.

Offensive and inappropriate comments will not be tolerated and can result in temporary or permanent banishment from the boards.

ROTFLMAO! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!!!
I suppose as owner of TAT I shouldn't make fun of other boards, but.... ha ha ha ha LMAO!!!

meadfish
12-18-2004, 09:20 AM
Oh shut up you fat old liberal, white trash, bottom dwelling, pond scum, lower than a pregnant slug!

Oh wait.. I thought I was posting on TOB :P

Kirkus
12-18-2004, 09:58 AM
LOL. Welcome back freak!

3mlm
12-18-2004, 05:21 PM
TOB is all politics now. Notta one tennis post! Its all politics or making fun of 1 of the millions of Darlas. (darlaten, darlatifah somthing like that there are millions of them) i think they are all just the same person. What are the chances that there are that many users w/Darla in their screen name?

Oh, for a moment I thought you said "darlafish" :o

Now that's the Darla they need ::)

3mlm
12-18-2004, 05:24 PM
TOB is all politics now. Notta one tennis post! Its all politics or making fun of 1 of the millions of Darlas. (darlaten, darlatifah somthing like that there are millions of them) i think they are all just the same person. What are the chances that there are that many users w/Darla in their screen name?

Well, there's the original Darlaten but then a bunch of other Darlas who most likely are just one person but not the original Darla.

Personally, I prefer the other Darlas, especially "Darlafifth."

3mlm
12-18-2004, 05:26 PM
I just noticed on TOB (first time I've been there in months) the following at notice at the top of the page:

Attention Message Board Users: With the NFL in full swing and the NBA season beginning and college basketball around the corner, we here at ESPN.com just wanted to send you a friendly reminder of our rules of conduct. When using our message board services, please keep in mind that they are for members of all ages and meant to be fun for everyone. Offensive and inappropriate comments will not be tolerated and can result in temporary or permanent banishment from the boards. Please enjoy yourselves and remember to be courteous to all users.

Offensive and inappropriate comments will not be tolerated and can result in temporary or permanent banishment from the boards.

ROTFLMAO! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!!!
I suppose as owner of TAT I shouldn't make fun of other boards, but.... ha ha ha ha LMAO!!!

Sure, they don't tolerate "offensive and inappropriate comments." But they don't do anything about them :P

Sebastien447
12-18-2004, 10:01 PM
I've been back to TOB two times since the USO and both times reminded me why I'm over here now.

I don't even know if I'm going to be able to bring myself to go over there for Peter's contest.

Moose
12-19-2004, 08:59 AM
It's really a shame what is going on there. At times it was fun posting, and getting responses. But there are some posters that are just intolerable.

I'll still go and throw up a tennis post here and there, but I do it less and less.

There were some great folks there as well who have pretty much disappeared. I made a couple of Internet "friends" from there that I write with privately, so I am glad for that.

Kirkus
12-19-2004, 12:01 PM
It's too bad we can't get some of them to give us a shot.

PeterSkan
12-19-2004, 12:28 PM
I've been back to TOB two times since the USO and both times reminded me why I'm over here now.

I don't even know if I'm going to be able to bring myself to go over there for Peter's contest.

Not to worry, Seb - you'll be able to register here or email me your picks. No need to fret about showing up in the other place.

BTW - I had a good chuckle about the comportment statement, too. TOB is getting worse every day.

SkanCan

Doll_Face
12-19-2004, 09:28 PM
Thank goodness for TAT :)

Moose
12-19-2004, 09:35 PM
It's too bad we can't get some of them to give us a shot.

True, but at the same time there are some posters that I hope never find us here.

3mlm
12-22-2004, 03:46 AM
Looks like TOB is dysfunctional today. All I get is This site is temporarily too busy to process your request. Please try again later.

Maybe they're cleaning house?

It's true of all the ESPN boards today.

Moose
12-22-2004, 09:28 AM
yeah, 3m, I just tried getting on and got the same message. Wasn't it around this time last year they did a major house cleaning?

Either ESPN is up to something, or perhaps ALL the Darlas showed up at one time and crashed it.

Kirkus
12-24-2004, 05:21 PM
I was curious if TOB had actually gotten worse so I logged in and almost immediately found a post that had some pretty negative things to say about TAT. But when considering the source (I won't name names) I blew it off. But as I thought about it (why I thought about it is a mystery to me) I started getting pissed off. I can't just let 4 months of work (by all of us!) be flamed on another board.

Sebastien, God bless him, replied with his usual tact and class. I, on the other hand, reverted to the old TOB-Kirkus (I used to get in there and argue all the time) and blasted the little racist.... it was just like old times.

Honestly, I don't miss the old times.

Betsmoyo
12-24-2004, 06:44 PM
What was the name of the thread?

Sebastien447
12-28-2004, 07:09 AM
Sebastien, God bless him, replied with his usual tact and class. I, on the other hand, reverted to the old TOB-Kirkus (I used to get in there and argue all the time) and blasted the little racist.... it was just like old times.

thanks for the props Sir K, though I used to get sucked into that TOB horseshit on a regular basis ... however ...

with TAT here why bother?, it's just not necessary ... I invited the cretin to TAT and provided the address. I knew he wouldn't accept because I understand that type of poster. They'll stay in the cesspool because that's what they like.

Maybe a couple of them will be able to grow up half-way ... get a handle on TAT where they can behave decently, and use the ESPN board to be a jackass