PDA

View Full Version : The HIGH temperature today ...

Sebastien447
12-23-2004, 06:49 AM
was ZERO at my house! That's never happened before in the 6 years that we've lived up here! We may get twenty below tonight! I think I'm going to go outside just to see what it feels like!

so how's the weather in your neck of the woods?

meadfish
12-23-2004, 08:57 AM
Here in the wonderful Central California Valley....
Highs in the low 50's, lows in the low 30's

Sebastien447
12-23-2004, 09:02 AM
NEGATIVE 6.7 and counting ...

this is kinda fun!

Moose
12-23-2004, 09:15 AM
Monday it was 10, with a wind chill factor of -8 (do you people from Florida and SoCal even have a clue of what a wind chill factor is?).

Yesterday it was 60.

Tonight an "Arctic Chill" is moving in, and tomorrow it will be 20s.

Gotta love December in Pennsylvania.

Sebastien447
12-23-2004, 09:22 AM
Gotta love December in Pennsylvania.

Didn't you just get a good dumping of snow?

Negative 7.2 here ... I want twenty below damnit!

Moose
12-23-2004, 09:29 AM
Didn't you just get a good dumping of snow?

We had a "dusting" Sunday night. We usually don't get dumps (at least where I am) until late January.

Sebastien447
12-23-2004, 09:53 AM
(do you people from Florida and SoCal even have a clue of what a wind chill factor is?).

Notta clue!

Don't they have a thing called the "heat index" now, where they calculate the temp + humidity?

I remember living in AL and the heat index had to have been pretty gosh darn high ... OPPRESIVE is the word ... at times you could barely breathe!

I'll take the cold ... it's no problem once you learn how to dress. But when it's really hot ... it's not like you can walk about naked!

Sebastien447
12-23-2004, 10:52 AM
Or getting into your car and burning youself on the steering wheel.

and not being able to sit down on a frying pan of a seat! OUCH!!! :o

again, I'll take the cold! But the temp here is rising now! It's 3 below zero now and I'm so disappointed!

:(

Doll_Face
12-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Sebastien, you are the snow miser. Do you grow a beard in the winter like Rocky's? Ha-Ha. 8)

I'm comfortable between 35F and 85F. Any deviation below or above turns The Doll into ..... into ..... The Shivering Shrew or The Melted Witch!! I prefer the cold. Speaking of that, did I ever tell you about my ski trip to Vermont? Yep, -50! I've never been back - lol!

BTW, the high today was 58F, but rainy and windy. Not Christmas weather.

meadfish
12-23-2004, 01:02 PM
I'm comfortable between 35F and 85F. Any deviation below or above turns The Doll into ..... into ..... The Shivering Shrew

ROFL!!

3mlm
12-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Here in the wonderful Central California Valley....
Highs in the low 50's, lows in the low 30's

Here in beautiful Redding it's 5 AM and the temperature is 54%, expected high 64%, sunny and clear with great views of Shasta and Lassen. Somehow TWC predicts it will be 44% at 10 AM but I doubt it.

Supposed to get down to 30% tomorrow morning.

Sebastien447
12-24-2004, 12:06 AM
Sebastien, you are the snow miser. Do you grow a beard in the winter like Rocky's? Ha-Ha. 8)

I'm comfortable between 35F and 85F. Any deviation below or above turns The Doll into ..... into ..... The Shivering Shrew or The Melted Witch!! I prefer the cold. Speaking of that, did I ever tell you about my ski trip to Vermont? Yep, -50! I've never been back - lol!

BTW, the high today was 58F, but rainy and windy. Not Christmas weather.

Actually I do sport the winter beard (C hates it, but I can't do everything she tells me to do eh?) ... so go to the members page and insert beard for turkey leg! :D

Did you really experience negative 50 degrees?!!! It only got down to 8 below last night, but that was PAINFULLY cold ... no stick for the pooches yesterday! :(

didgeridoo33
12-24-2004, 12:10 AM
Right now, it's 5.2F and -6F windchill, with a couple inches on snow on the ground. I love it, looks like a white christmas!! ;D

Ok, now it's -8 winchill...no, wait, -7...-8 again...-10!...-9... DAMMIT Weatherbug make up your mind!!!!!!

Doll_Face
12-24-2004, 08:54 AM
Actually I do sport the winter beard (C hates it, but I can't do everything she tells me to do eh?) ... so go to the members page and insert beard for turkey leg! :D

As Bob Marley would say "Stand Up For Ya Rights". ;D

Did you really experience negative 50 degrees?!!!

Yes I did - frozen brrrrr. My eyeballs felt frozen in about two seconds. I said the hell with this and sat in the lodge all day and drank hot totties. I won a dance contest that evening too :o 50 buckaroos!!

Kirkus
12-24-2004, 06:03 PM
But when it's really hot ... it's not like you can walk about naked!
You can't!? Oh crap! That explains all the whistles and cat-calls I get.

gernaserna
12-26-2004, 06:39 AM
Here in Syracuse, NY the high today was 22. There has hardly been any snow this season so far. It has been an odd ball kind of Winter. One day it is cold, the next day unseasonally warm...if you count 40-45 degrees warm. Last year our low of the season was -33 with a whopping wind chill of -56. Now I like cold, but that was sort of overdoing it. Our snow total to date is 21". Last year we missed the yearly season by 3 1/2". We ended up with 188" of pure delicious snow.