PDA

View Full Version : Ask questions here

Kirkus
05-19-2010, 07:35 PM
If you have any questions about the Suicide Pool, ask it in this thread and an answer will be given as soon as possible.

Whistlin'Dixie
05-21-2010, 08:18 AM
This is my first time attempting the Suicide Pool, so when the official draws come out, do I just look on the home page for instructions? If not, please advise. Thanks.

shtexas
05-21-2010, 08:27 AM
This is my first time attempting the Suicide Pool, so when the official draws come out, do I just look on the home page for instructions? If not, please advise. Thanks.

Welcome aboard, Whistlin'Dixie!

When the order of play for Sunday is announced, there will be two threads, one for the men's pool and one for the women's pool. They will be labeled something like "Men's Day 1 RG Suicide Pool Pick". Look for those, and post your pick in that thread from the matches listed.

Whistlin'Dixie
05-21-2010, 08:39 AM
OK,great! Thanks!

EZBaratz
05-22-2010, 04:15 PM
I just joined TAT a few days ago and was wondering if anyone has made it all the way through a gs without losing? Seems nearly impossible (at least until I give it a try!)

Kirkus
05-22-2010, 04:29 PM
I just joined TAT a few days ago and was wondering if anyone has made it all the way through a gs without losing? Seems nearly impossible (at least until I give it a try!)

Welcome EZBaratz!

We've had some contestants "beat the draw", making it all the way through.

nguyen
05-22-2010, 04:29 PM

Yes, believe it or not, there has been! You'll notice people with little badges under their screen names when they post and if you hover over them, you'll see which TAT SPs they have won.

Sometimes you get a bunch of winners, sometimes only one, and sometimes it boils down to the last wo(man) standing. Good luck with your first SP!

mysterX
05-22-2010, 04:30 PM

The odds are against "beating the draw", but it happens. In one of the Nadal def Federer FO years, something like 20-40 people beat the draw.

EZBaratz
05-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Thanks, all. Can't wait for the tourney to start.

Kirkus
05-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Thanks, all. Can't wait for the tourney to start.

Have you made your picks yet?

EZBaratz
05-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Have you made your picks yet?

I have. I went a little out there for the men with Falla over Tipsarevic. And Pennetta for the women.

dryrunguy
05-22-2010, 04:47 PM
The odds are against "beating the draw", but it happens. In one of the Nadal def Federer FO years, something like 20-40 people beat the draw.

Someone (or small groups of someones) often beat the draw. Didn't we have 20-some people who beat the women's draw at the French Open a few years back? Of course, that was back when women's tennis made at least SOME semblance of sense... LOL!

dryrunguy
05-22-2010, 04:48 PM
I have. I went a little out there for the men with Falla over Tipsarevic. And Pennetta for the women.

That's not so far out there, Baratz... There's always a decent chance Janko will retire. :cheesy:

Welcome, BTW!

Jtdrum10
05-22-2010, 04:51 PM
I think the most important question is, why am I not good at SP? :p

Welcome to the board EZBaratz and Whistlin'Dixie!

Kirkus
05-22-2010, 04:58 PM
I think the most important question is, why am I not good at SP? :p

Welcome to the board EZBaratz and Whistlin'Dixie!

I hear ya, Jt. We should create a new TAT-group... "The Awardless". :cheesy:

Drop-shot
05-22-2010, 05:06 PM
I hear ya, Jt. We should create a new TAT-group... "The Awardless". :cheesy:

ADAM... ADAM...

mwoods
05-22-2010, 05:24 PM
ADAM... ADAM...

I think Mr. 12 Medals is missing the point.

Drop-shot
05-22-2010, 05:40 PM
I think Mr. 12 Medals is missing the point.

If it isn't the liberal media to the rescue of the communists

;)

mwoods
05-22-2010, 05:42 PM

;)

Oh, go throw a tea party.

mmmm8
05-22-2010, 05:43 PM

;)

Whatever, your ADAM movement is just like the Peronists. You come in with your populist ideas then just start piling up other people's stuff

nguyen
05-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Someone (or small groups of someones) often beat the draw. Didn't we have 20-some people who beat the women's draw at the French Open a few years back? Of course, that was back when women's tennis made at least SOME semblance of sense... LOL!

*cough* raises hand *cough*

Oh the days of beginner's luck...

Drop-shot
05-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Whatever, your ADAM movement is just like the Peronists. You come in with your populist ideas then just start piling up other people's stuff

Now, no need to get nasty. :mad:

Kirkus
05-22-2010, 06:36 PM
I hope y'all are happy. That's twice today I've had to get my dictionary out.

nguyen
05-23-2010, 12:13 AM
I hope y'all are happy. That's twice today I've had to get my dictionary out.

I had to wiki for a quick history lesson. :lipsrsealed: