PDA

View Full Version : Finding Neverland

Sebastien447
12-03-2004, 07:50 AM
I haven't been reading this thread too closely because I wanted to see the film first ...

and I'm off to do just that!

ciao board!

Sebastien447
12-31-2004, 07:43 AM
I FINALLY saw this movie. Loved it! And I'm all cried out boo hoo hoo. :'(

Depp was great and the movie really captured the magic of the mind that created Peter Pan.

10 for 10, 5 stars, two thumbs up ... whatever you want to call it ... goooooooood movie! :)

shtexas
01-02-2005, 01:11 PM
I doubt people in that time period would have spoken about child molestation. However, there has been discussion that Barrie may have had an unhealthy attraction to little boys. This was the movie's way of dealing with that without really having to deal with it. The writers, director, etc. probably thought they would take some heat if they didn't at least make a reference. But, they didn't want that to be a point people focused on.

Depp was excellent, nomination worthy, but I doubt he is winning an Oscar for this. From the movies I have seen, both Jamie Foxx and DiCaprio are better.

Sebastien447
01-02-2005, 08:34 PM
I doubt people in that time period would have spoken about child molestation. However, there has been discussion that Barrie may have had an unhealthy attraction to little boys. This was the movie's way of dealing with that without really having to deal with it. The writers, director, etc. probably thought they would take some heat if they didn't at least make a reference. But, they didn't want that to be a point people focused on.

The movie portrayed Barrie constantly with the boys, playing with them every day. I imagine many people of any era would see that to be an "unhealthy attraction." I think the point of the film was to capture the magic of this man's spirit.

Maybe some people are incapable of understanding a man who still looks at the world through the eyes of a child.

And, of course, whenever people don't understand something they must pretend to comprehend with lables such as "unhealthy attraction."