PDA

View Full Version : Iraq prison abuse 'leader' jailed

Kirkus
01-15-2005, 11:08 AM
From the BBC website:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4177883.stm

I'd be curious to know the thought process behind sentencing Spc. Graner to 10 years out of a 16 year maximum sentence. Too bad treason wasn't on the menu. Because he was also sentenced to a dishonorary discharge I don't think he should have been allowed to wear the uniform of the United States Army out of the court. He should have been made to change into civilian clothes first.

I hope the mother of his child, Pte. Lynndie England, receives the same if not worse.

Sebastien447
01-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Graner's mother, Irma, said her boy was "not the monster he is made out to be," and insisted blame lay higher up the chain of command.

"My son was convicted the day President Bush went on TV and said that seven bad apples disgraced the country.

"You know it's the higher-ups that should be on trial. They let the little guys take the fall for them," she said.

Mama's right. As always, Mama is right!

Kirkus
01-16-2005, 05:40 AM
Are you being sarcastic or do you really agree with his mother's quotes?

Sebastien447
01-16-2005, 06:21 AM
Are you being sarcastic or do you really agree with his mother's quotes?

I agree with Mama! Maybe the kid is a bit of a monster, but I do believe that there are some higher-ups who allowed this to happen and should be held accountable as well.

Kirkus
01-16-2005, 07:21 AM
Ahhh. I agree. Definately some punishment that's not going to find it rightful owners.

I do disagree with Mama on one point, however. I think her son was convicted the day his smiling face behind a pyramid of naked Iraqi prisoner's was shown on television.