PDA

View Full Version : Trapped dolphins symbol of hope

Kirkus
01-05-2005, 05:27 AM
Is it just me or is this a waste of time and energy?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science/01/04/tsunami.dolphins.ap/index.html

Why in the hell would energy be put into rescuing dolphins when so much work needs to be done to help secure the health and safety of humans?

Sebastien447
01-05-2005, 05:33 AM
Is it just me or is this a waste of time and energy?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science/01/04/tsunami.dolphins.ap/index.html

Why in the hell would energy be put into rescuing dolphins when so much work needs to be done to help secure the health and safety of humans?

Well, I'd hope they weren't neglecting any human needs in order to help the dolphins. And maybe just seeing dolphins rescued like that will do a lot to boost the spirits of the people who are struggling there.

Doll_Face
01-05-2005, 11:50 PM
Come'on Kirki, the momma and her calf need love too :P

Kirkus
01-06-2005, 07:48 AM
I don't know. When you see the serious needs of the people... bodies decaying in the streets, lack of food, water, shelter, sanitation, etc. I just see it as a real waste of energy and resources. And not attempting to be snide, I really doubt the salvation of 2 dolphins is going to make these people accept their future with a more positive perspective.

If nothing else they could be stacking wood from the destroyed structures.

Sebastien447
01-06-2005, 08:07 AM
And not attempting to be snide, I really doubt the salvation of 2 dolphins is going to make these people accept their future with a more positive perspective.

Nothing snide about that.

But I disagree with you. I believe that if you were among the living there, wallowing in such death and destruction, to see the salvation of any form of life would give you some reason to at least begin thinking more positively. You have to start somewhere, right?

Contrast that with allowing the dolphins die, and watching them slowly suffocate to death.

It has no substantive meaning, thought the spiritual significance would be profound IMO.

Kirkus
01-06-2005, 08:59 AM
Nothing snide about that.

But I disagree with you. I believe that if you were among the living there, wallowing in such death and destruction, to see the salvation of any form of life would give you some reason to at least begin thinking more positively. You have to start somewhere, right?

Contrast that with allowing the dolphins die, and watching them slowly suffocate to death.

It has no substantive meaning, thought the spiritual significance would be profound IMO.

I totally understand that position. I just don't agree with it. I think if I were there among the death and destruction and I saw people attempting to save the lives of these dolphins, I'd think, "you wanna help? Get your ass over here and help us find some drinkable water."

So guess we'll agree to disagree.

meadfish
01-07-2005, 06:04 AM
Isn't there a lack of food there? And doesn't dolphin taste similar to tuna? hmmm, see where I'm heading with this....?

Doll_Face
01-07-2005, 10:38 AM
That's a terrible thought, Fishboy ... shame on you! I didn't know you were a cannibal ???

Living humans come first, but we have to try and save ALL lifeforms. BTW, how are the dolphins doing?

Kirkus
01-07-2005, 03:22 PM
That's a terrible thought, Fishboy ... shame on you! I didn't know you were a cannibal ???

Living humans come first, but we have to try and save ALL lifeforms. BTW, how are the dolphins doing?

The momma dolphin was captured and released into the ocean. I heard the news say "the calf couldn't be found". I didn't know it was missing.

BTW, I have to back off my position a little bit. I saw a segment last night on the 100s of thousands of dogs and cats, most of them domesticated, roaming the streets without their human families... searching for food and water. I caught myself saying, "awww, look at that poor little guy." Veteranarians (not to be confused with vegitarians) are moving in to help the dogs and cats.

Doll_Face
01-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Seeeeeee...everything needs love and care. I'm such a sucker for animals. But Kirkus, where is the calf? :'(

With that said, if anyone ever throws blood on my fox coat (thesonofabitchwillgetthebeatingoftheirmf&*&^^&(*& ^(&)() ;D : NO JOKE!!

Kirkus
01-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Seeeeeee...everything needs love and care. I'm such a sucker for animals. But Kirkus, where is the calf? :'(

With that said, if anyone ever throws blood on my fox coat (thesonofabitchwillgetthebeatingoftheirmf&*&^^&(*& ^(&)() ;D : NO JOKE!!
LMAO! LMAO! Could it be that TAT's Doll has an alter-ego? And could it's name be....... CHUCKY!?

Don't have a clue what happened to the calf.

Doll_Face
01-13-2005, 10:32 PM
LOL!

They rescued a sea turtle in Thailand yesterday. The old guy's shell was cracked and infected. They will treat his infection then release him. Ah, a happy ending ;D

Doll_Face
01-17-2005, 09:41 PM
Did you guys hear about all the stray doggies in the tsumani hit areas? They are afraid of rabies, so if they can't be caught and vaccinated they will be killed. All 500,000 of them. :'(