PDA

View Full Version : advantage on serving first

sportfan92
06-22-2005, 12:53 AM
just wanted to share what I know on the advantage in serving first for those of you who might not have known this but serving first gives you an advantage, believe it or not. and it doesn't have anything to do with starting out fresh or momentum. it's realistic.

player A starts out with the serve against player B.

-player A gets broken at 3-3 in the set. so up 4-3, player B holds his serve to make it 5-3

-player A holds his serve again and makes the score 5-4.

-player A has one more chance to try to break player B's serves to even the score at 5-5.

LET'S LOOK AT THIS CASE

-player A lets player B serve first.

-at the score of 3-3 in a set, player B holds his serve, making it 4-3.

-player A now gets broken, making the score 5-3.

-all player B has to do his serve for the set......and he wins 6-3.

NOTICE:this one took 9 games. and player A didn't get one more chance to break player B's serves. this would be possible if player A served first but when you let opponent serve first. you might face disadvantage..

if you are confused, somehow, please question me.

sportfan92
06-23-2005, 09:48 AM
bump

Sebastien447
12-05-2005, 02:18 PM
just wanted to share what I know on the advantage in serving first for those of you who might not have known this but serving first gives you an advantage, believe it or not. and it doesn't have anything to do with starting out fresh or momentum. it's realistic.

-player A gets broken at 3-3 in the set. so up 4-3, player B holds his serve to make it 5-3

-player A has one more chance to try to break player B's serves to even the score at 5-5.

LET'S LOOK AT THIS CASE

NOTICE:this one took 9 games. and player A didn't get one more chance to break player B's serves. this would be possible if player A served first but when you let opponent serve first. you might face disadvantage..

If I were up a break and receiving at 5-3, I always tried like hell to break again so I could start out serving the next set.

but that's just me :D

tennis4you
12-05-2005, 02:20 PM
U meanie! If you did that you would have the advantage again. :)

Sebastien447
12-05-2005, 02:33 PM
U meanie! If you did that you would have the advantage again. :)

precisely t4!

sportfan92
12-09-2005, 07:08 AM

LET'S LOOK AT THIS CASE

If I were up a break and receiving at 5-3, I always tried like hell to break again so I could start out serving the next set.

but that's just me :D

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! that's very Sebastienistic!!!