PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play spades?

meadfish
01-01-2005, 07:03 AM
A great 4 player card game! My favorite. In the Army (when we should have been working) we used to sit around and play spades for hours! Yahoo Games has a good public set up to play against others or invite friends.

Sebastien447
01-01-2005, 07:28 AM
I've always heard of that game though never played ...

Never been much of a card player ... except of course for War, Crazy 8s, and Go Fish!

meadfish
01-01-2005, 08:07 AM
I've always heard of that game though never played ...

Never been much of a card player ... except of course for War, Crazy 8s, and Go Fish!

"Go Fish" one of my favorites! ;)

Doll_Face
01-04-2005, 04:43 AM
A great 4 player card game! My favorite. In the Army (when we should have been working) we used to sit around and play spades for hours! Yahoo Games has a good public set up to play against others or invite friends.

Hey Fishy,

I'm an excellent spades player. I've won many tournaments in my day. When I was in college, I won all kinds of stuff (food, laundry privileges, money, etc). My husband is a terrible player, so I always get out of being his spades partner ;D Our friends say "now we know why you didn't want him as a partner". Hahahaha

I'm good at 500, blackjack and poker too!! But, I rarely gamble these days. I have to check out the Yahoo site.

meadfish
01-04-2005, 07:44 AM
Hmmm, I may have to re-think this whole 'Doll is the Enemy' thing.... ;D

Did you guys play with the "Nil" option? We never played that in the Army, but they play at Yahoo that way and I like it... More Strategic... like sandbagging ;)

Doll_Face
01-05-2005, 04:19 AM
No Fishface, I never played with a Nil option. I'll have to give it a try.

**Fluttering my eyelashes**

I know you really don't consider me "The Enemy" :-X

meadfish
01-06-2005, 05:27 AM
I know you really don't consider me "The Enemy" :-X

Naw.... You're not the enemy... now come a little closer so I can... http://home.comcast.net/~meadfish/bat.gif

hehe, just kiddin http://home.comcast.net/~meadfish/moon.gif

Doll_Face
01-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Hahahahahahahaha!!

You are a fresh fishboy. Hey, your fishface has gotten a lot smaller. I guess the sodium swelling is going down from the holidays ;D

Kirkus
01-07-2005, 03:01 AM
Sounds like we need to schedule a game of spades over at Yahoo! I know how to play... not very good, tho.

Let's get a 4th and give it a shot!

Doll_Face
01-07-2005, 04:14 AM
Sounds good to me Kirkus - count me in.

meadfish
01-07-2005, 05:49 AM
I'm in! Name the time, date and place.. (oh yeah, Yahoo)

Doll_Face
01-07-2005, 10:42 AM
Hey Fishcake, I see your image has improved -- the WordArt too! Nice 8)

And ... I'll kick your fishy butt all up and down SF Bay ;D

catz33
01-26-2005, 03:46 PM
We used to play Spades here at a local bar until all hours of the night, until I taught them Euchre.!!