PDA

View Full Version : IW Suicide Pool Begins March 10!

Moose
03-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Main Draw play for the 6th Annual TAT BNP@IW Suicide Pool begins Wednesday, March 10 for the ladies and Thursday, March 11 for the Men...so our IWSP will commence with an opening ladies thread next Tuesday, March 9. Day 1 picks will be Ladies' picks only, and will be due by the start of play on Wednesday, March 10..

Our annual Indian Wells and Miami Suicide Pools are for fun and practice in working your way through a draw. We do not keep a running Picks and Results thread, and players do "self-scoring. You'll have to keep track of your daily picks...we reccomend that with each new days thread for your picks, you copy and paste in your previous selections. We don't advertise these practice SPs on other sites, this is just for us to enjoy.

We will have a Daily Picks thread, with the matches for that day posted in "Day ____ " formatting, as we do with all of our official Slam Suicide Pools.

We will also open up the Losers Lounge, either this coming weekend, or early next week.

shtexas
03-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Tough to survive the first two picks at IW (and Miami) because there are no seeds until the second round.

Moose
03-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Tough to survive the first two picks at IW (and Miami) because there are no seeds until the second round.

Last year in the Womens' IW game, everyone was eliminated by Day 5 :shocked:

dryrunguy
03-03-2010, 11:49 AM
I've been regularly checking Rika Fujiwara's FB page to see if she's going to IW for qualifying. I'm hoping not.

ponchi101
03-04-2010, 06:46 AM
Our annual Indian Wells and Miami Suicide Pools are for fun and practice in working your way through a draw. We do not keep a running Picks and Results thread, and players do "self-scoring. You'll have to keep track of your daily picks...we reccomend that with each new days thread for your picks, you copy and paste in your previous selections. We don't advertise these practice SPs on other sites, this is just for us to enjoy.

We will have a Daily Picks thread, with the matches for that day posted in "Day ____ " formatting, as we do with all of our official Slam Suicide Pools.

We will also open up the Losers Lounge, either this coming weekend, or early next week.

Enjoy? ENJOY?! You jest, right?
;)
Can't wait for March 10th. Let the pain begin.... (I don't care if it is practice or not ;) )

oploskoffie
03-04-2010, 07:25 AM
Sweet! Another non-medal contest for me to finish 2nd in :D :p

Nah, I'd never be that confident ;) Looking forward to it anyways!

manolo
03-05-2010, 02:25 AM
[QUOTE=Moose;546562]We don't advertise these practice SPs on other sites, this is just for us to enjoy.

[QUOTE]

It's funny, because I clearly remember that I joined TaT for this same suicide pool, three years ago now... I'm sure Wertheim mentioned it at the time, didn't he?

Alternate post: Wow, I've been here for three years already!

3mlm
03-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Oh dear, no threads to post in and in the am I'm not likely to get a post in and I'm still alive in the WTA pool (thanks to Vania).

What to do?

Moose
03-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Oh dear, no threads to post in and in the am I'm not likely to get a post in and I'm still alive in the WTA pool (thanks to Vania).

What to do?

give us a few minutes, 3m. Everything is being worked on right now.