PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Netplay225 Winner of our Womens AOSP

Moose
01-27-2010, 08:59 PM
From a grand total of 355 players that began the game Sunday a week ago, we are down to one.

NetPlay225, a veteran Suicide Pooler (and a great poet/punster) is the only person who makes it through the semisfinals of the Australian - and he still has a pick available for the final, to beat the draw.

Big congrats from all of us, NetPlay. That was just a stellar job!

Also, congrats to jmcguire, the only other person who lived to the semifinal. Unfortunately, Na Li didn't get it done today.

Netplay, be sure to come back to finish your picks when we post the Finals thread sometime late Thursday/early Friday US time. You want to earn bragging rights for beating the draw, (if Justine can win it all). And we will send you a PM following the mens final to get your information for your prize from Jon W. at Sports Illustrated.

And thank you everyone that participated. This year's womens game tied our record for our largest ever womens Aussie Suicide Pool. It's always a blast to have you spend a Slam with us TATeurs, and we hope to see you again before the French - but if not, please join us for our 6th annual French Open SP, coming later this spring.

Drop-shot
01-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Well done Netplay :)

elisat
01-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Congrats Netplay, quite an achievement!!!

shtexas
01-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Great job, Netplay!

nelslus
01-27-2010, 09:13 PM
ESPECIALLY great job with this nutty tournament, Netplay.

mmmm8
Congrats, Netplay. Always entertaining to read your picks!

Scotty
Congrats, Netplay!

patrick
01-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Congratulations, Netplay 225

JTContinental
01-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Woot! Unusual to just have one winner these days, so a double congratulations on standing alone at the top of the heap!

netplay225
01-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Thank you everybody (bows to the left; bows to the right; bows deeply to the center; wipes away a tear, accepts an imaginary bouquet of flowers, then bravely continues on a keypad cracking with emotion). I would like to send congratulations to jmcguire for also getting to the final stage (winning in the semi-finals does seem a bit strange, I will admit). We all know, of course, that the REAL congratulations have to go to Moose, Shtexas, Beaujarkko and all the other unfailing, unflappable, infallible and infinitely ineffable moderators who make this pool such a pleasure to swim (and sometimes drown) in. Thank you for all the time and consideration you put into these Grand Slam pools, and know that it is deeply and very sincerely appreciated by everybody who takes part. Allons a Roland Garros!
Can I have my ice-cream now?
No, it's too late, it's time you were in bed.
But you promised!
No I didn't.
Yes you did!
No I didn't!
Mooooose!!! (wails and stamps feet).

aedra1119
01-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Congrats, netplay! Very well done! :overhead_clap:

winston
01-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Congratulations, netplay. Great job and thanks for the laughs in your "acceptance speech".:)

luvs10s
01-28-2010, 12:33 AM
Congrats netplay!

morct
01-28-2010, 02:02 AM
Well done netplay!

munchin
01-28-2010, 02:06 AM
Seriously impressive, netplay225 :overhead_clap:

And another :overhead_clap: for not getting Bondarenko'd

peaches
01-28-2010, 02:24 AM
Congratulations

beaujarkko
01-28-2010, 04:52 AM
LOL@ the acceptance speech! Awesome. Congratulations, again. This was a particularly heinous pool.

oohsalmon
01-28-2010, 05:06 AM
Solo winners are the bestest. Props, son.

jmcguire
01-28-2010, 06:12 AM
Congrats netplay on a great tournament!

Woody
01-28-2010, 08:30 AM
Congrats netplay, I'm impressed!

P.S. Does he actually have to wait for the Sched, and post his pick? I mean, when there's only one person left, and it's a forced pick... I guess rules is rules though.

Moose
01-28-2010, 08:37 AM
P.S. Does he actually have to wait for the Sched, and post his pick? I mean, when there's only one person left, and it's a forced pick... I guess rules is rules though.

Honestly, there's no great reason other than tradition, which really is no reason at all. The one nice thing, however, is that since Netplay is a solo winner, he gets the final thread named after him, which also is merely tradition, but a tradition people seem to enjoy.

When you run the game over years, Woody, it just seems easiest to stick to what's always proven successful, which is what we, the SP team, have tended to do. I think we've had one rule change in 6 years - and that was to accomodate the expanded Sunday scheduling at hte French.

oohsalmon
01-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Honestly, there's no great reason other than tradition, which really is no reason at all. The one nice thing, however, is that since Netplay is a solo winner, he gets the final thread named after him, which also is merely tradition, but a tradition people seem to enjoy.

When you run the game over years, Woody, it just seems easiest to stick to what's always proven successful, which is what we, the SP team, have tended to do. I think we've had one rule change in 6 years - and that was to accomodate the expanded Sunday scheduling at hte French.

Not only that, it's just an awesome thing to do, and really lets the person gloat more, which is what this whole thing is about.

I didn't have the chance to do it with a thread the time I was alone in a final, but it's probably for the best since I can now still say I have never typed the letters S-a-f-i-n-a into a SP pick ;)

Woody
01-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Ok, that's cool, I was just curious. I like traditions :)

missinandre
01-28-2010, 09:49 AM
Thank you everybody (bows to the left; bows to the right; bows deeply to the center; wipes away a tear, accepts an imaginary bouquet of flowers, then bravely continues on a keypad cracking with emotion). I would like to send congratulations to jmcguire for also getting to the final stage (winning in the semi-finals does seem a bit strange, I will admit). We all know, of course, that the REAL congratulations have to go to Moose, Shtexas, Beaujarkko and all the other unfailing, unflappable, infallible and infinitely ineffable moderators who make this pool such a pleasure to swim (and sometimes drown) in. Thank you for all the time and consideration you put into these Grand Slam pools, and know that it is deeply and very sincerely appreciated by everybody who takes part. Allons a Roland Garros!
Can I have my ice-cream now?
No, it's too late, it's time you were in bed.
But you promised!
No I didn't.
Yes you did!
No I didn't!
Mooooose!!! (wails and stamps feet).

LOL! :) Love the speech.

Super Congratulations on being the only one standing after a WACKY crazy tourney with some interesting bandwagons....Alona.....will players of SP NEVER learn? :) and...

Super congratulations on winning the darn thing! :)

Irena2
01-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Congratulations! Well done!

kknudsen
01-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Huge congrats to Netplay225!

TennisRone 1000
01-28-2010, 11:47 AM
*tips cap to netplay* bravo......like the ID name, too.....

Omegadoom
01-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Well done netplay! :thumbsup:

nguyen
01-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Thumbs up for the acceptance speech :D

Justme
01-29-2010, 12:12 AM
Congrats Netplay. Well done :)

Danielle
01-29-2010, 01:00 AM
Way to go Netplay!!! :cheesy: No small feat with this draw...

And ditto all the kudos to our contest administrators - considering the numbers you have to manage with the SPs as of late, I'm amazed how quick you are with the updates, keeping up with it all and making it so much fun. You all rock!!

tinamarie
01-29-2010, 01:48 AM
wow, 355 players and you are the last one standing! Congratulations, netplay:) (and thanks for the laugh in your acceptance post. )

Also, a big thank you to the organizers! you all rock.