PDA

View Full Version : AOSP Losers Lounge is OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Pages : [1] 2

Moose
01-14-2010, 07:05 AM
G'day TAT Regulars, Suicide Pools veterans, and any newcomers that have touched down at Talk About Tennis for our 6th Annual Australian Open Suicide Pool. Hard to believe that 6 years ago, 14 of us decided to play a little game together that has blown up into our being joined by hundreds of people all over the world - we appreciate your joining us for the forthnight, and we look forward to your commentary on the Aussie.

The Loser's Lounge is one of our hang outs during the Suicide Pool. It's a place to enjoy some conversation with fellow players, to crack jokes about players, to have a drink with fellow players when your day's pick loses, or barely escapes a match...or to make a snarky comment if you're still alive in the game while other players sit in here getting snockered after making what seemed like a good pick at the time.

Our bar is well stocked, and you're welcome to order anything...or to share a favored drink maybe none of us know about. There's also some ice cold Foster's on tap. Jessie, as always will be your head bartender, and he'll serve your favorite cool beverage with a smirk and a smile!

And over there is the AO Dartboard! With a bullseye big enough to post photos of player's bodyparts when you need to let off some steam after a loss, or just feel like posting them on the board.

We always have our infamous "Jukebox From Hell", and have stocked it with such classics as the soundtrack to "Xanadu", "Abba's Greatest Hits", and every bad song from the 70s 80s and 90s ever recorded.

Our lingo - if you lose on one side of the game, but are still alive in the other, you are one cheek in...when you lose in both the men's and women's games, you are double cheeked in the Lounge.

And don't be surprised to see some TAT faves stop by over the next two weeks - Tatiana Golovin, Pierre-Yves Hardenne, the Bondarenko girls, Maid Marion Bartoli and many many others have been known to spend some time here, and add their comments on the tournament.

elisat
01-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Jessie, remember, put my name in that bottle of Bombay Sapphire there. I'll see you soon.

mmmm8
01-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Is Tati bringing her boyfriend? I hear Samir likes to start fights and we always need people for a good bar brawl.

Moose
01-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Is Tati bringing her boyfriend? I hear Samir likes to start fights and we always need people for a good bar brawl.

I'll bet Dokic's boyfriend will be easy bait for a barroom brawl. All we have to do is mention Damir, and then insult some Croats.

Moose
01-14-2010, 10:44 AM
http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/lens1511334_1241199858Amelie_Mauresmo.jpg

Now that I am retired, I am finding my WTA pension is not enough to keep me in bread and wine. So my friend Tati has offered to teach me to be a fine cocktail waitress in the Losers Lounge and to earn the tips. See, she has already taught me how to pose.

I look forward to serving you during the Open.

xoxo,
Amelie

luvs10s
01-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Can I book a seat now?

I won't be playing this year cos I'll be at the AO live and I'm not taking a laptop with me which means relying on internet cafes.

I'm happy to do some scouting if anyone thinks that might help!

Madame
01-14-2010, 02:51 PM
it's time to tell us when you're going. Are you blogging luvs ? Are you going alone or with friends. Gee, RG is still so far away ...

Scotty
01-14-2010, 03:07 PM
http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/lens1511334_1241199858Amelie_Mauresmo.jpg

Now that I am retired, I am finding my WTA pension is not enough to keep me in bread and wine. So my friend Tati has offered to teach me to be a fine cocktail waitress in the Losers Lounge and to earn the tips. See, she has already taught me how to pose.

xoxo,
Amelie

I always thought Amelie was lovely, but that pic is simply gorgeous.

luvs10s
01-14-2010, 03:13 PM
it's time to tell us when you're going. Are you blogging luvs ? Are you going alone or with friends. Gee, RG is still so far away ...

Two more sleeps...leave 0625 Sunday morning! Going with a work-mate who is also a tennis fan!
Probably won't blog (internet cafes again) but I might do a general one when I get back home.

hurricanejeanne
01-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Jessie!!!!!!!!
Hook up my IV for my chair! I'm so totally going to need it this time. :p

mmmm8
01-14-2010, 03:28 PM

xoxo,
Amelie

You just classed up this establishment a few notches. Think it'll last until the Bondarenkos get here?

beaujarkko
01-14-2010, 03:29 PM
You just classed up this establishment a few notches. Think it'll last until the Bondarenkos get here?

There's more than one? ;)

munchin
01-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Last summer, when I was dreadfully bored at work, I made a spreadsheet of every SP I had participated in (aka the last 16) and tried to find patterns that I could use to make better picks in the future. But it's chaos. There's no rhyme or reason to any of it and, in Australia, I'm going to end up here sooner or...well sooner.

Curiously, I found out that James Blake is the only pick that has landed me in here more than once, so he is officially on the no-pick list. Oh, I also found out that 2 players have landed me in here both as someone I picked and someone who beat the person I picked. Jarkko Nieminen and Maria Kirilenko. I'm avoiding them like the plague.

beaujarkko
01-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Last summer, when I was dreadfully bored at work, I made a spreadsheet of every SP I had participated in (aka the last 16) and tried to find patterns that I could use to make better picks in the future. But it's chaos. There's no rhyme or reason to any of it and, in Australia, I'm going to end up here sooner or...well sooner.

Curiously, I found out that James Blake is the only pick that has landed me in here more than once, so he is officially on the no-pick list. Oh, I also found out that 2 players have landed me in here both as someone I picked and someone who beat the person I picked. Jarkko Nieminen and Maria Kirilenko. I'm avoiding them like the plague.

:(

Did you pick him at last year's AO where he retired after making the final in Auckland? Because he had been a pretty safe first-round pick (against non-seeds anyway) for awhile.

For what it's worth, I'm always nervous enough about his results that I never pick him because I don't want to compound it.

munchin
01-14-2010, 03:53 PM
:(

Did you pick him at last year's AO where he retired after making the final in Auckland? Because he had been a pretty safe first-round pick (against non-seeds anyway) for awhile.

For what it's worth, I'm always nervous enough about his results that I never pick him because I don't want to compound it.

He took me out once when just trashed PEHK after Philip played the match of his life to beat Roddick at AO 200...6?

And I picked him in the 2006 French Open, where he retired on the first day to Raemon Sluiter. I'm steering clear.

beaujarkko
01-14-2010, 04:01 PM
He took me out once when just trashed PEHK after Philip played the match of his life to beat Roddick at AO 200...6?

And I picked him in the 2006 French Open, where he retired on the first day to Raemon Sluiter. I'm steering clear.

'08, I'm pretty sure. And, really, PEHK had tons of opportunities to go up two sets to one and blew them all.

dryrunguy
01-14-2010, 04:07 PM

I also highly recommend Paul-Henri Mathieu.

Not that I'm bitter. :mad::mad::mad:

mmmm8
01-14-2010, 04:10 PM
'08, I'm pretty sure. And, really, PEHK had tons of opportunities to go up two sets to one and blew them all.

That was a fun match... just because of the schoolgirl-level bitchy fighting between them.

munchin
01-14-2010, 04:20 PM
I also highly recommend Paul-Henri Mathieu.

Not that I'm bitter. :mad::mad::mad:

I think I've picked him a couple times in matches he should have won easily and he scraped through just barely. I'm very much avoiding him too.

beaujarkko
01-14-2010, 06:19 PM
That was a fun match... just because of the schoolgirl-level bitchy fighting between them.

Still have NO idea what on Earth that was all about. Then, by the end of the match, they seemed to have forgotten all about it. Almost like they weren't actually being catty for the first two sets.

GVGirl
01-14-2010, 06:49 PM
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/8517/20608yt1.jpghttp://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/birmmail/jun2008/4/8/90F312A8-0D86-1F7A-7D3E9F3002AAAB0E.jpg

We're baaaaacckk! Please do not listen to what most TATers will say about picking us in the Suicide pool! We'll bring you good luck. If anyone sees Marat walking around, he's ours!

Would anyone like a gravy boat?

kmart93
01-14-2010, 09:49 PM
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/8517/20608yt1.jpghttp://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/birmmail/jun2008/4/8/90F312A8-0D86-1F7A-7D3E9F3002AAAB0E.jpg

We're baaaaacckk! Please do not listen to what most TATers will say about picking us in the Suicide pool! We'll bring you good luck. If anyone sees Marat walking around, he's ours!

Would anyone like a gravy boat?

They have both knocked me out of many-a-tournament.

Jay
01-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Jessie, remember, put my name in that bottle of Bombay Sapphire there. I'll see you soon.
It'll be waiting for you! :) I'm saving a bottle just for you. ;)

http://www.wequotedesign.com/images/stories/logos/bombay%20sapphire.jpg

Jessie!!!!!!!!
Hook up my IV for my chair! I'm so totally going to need it this time. :p
:p Your wish is my command

Your IV! ^_^

It's got Vodka :cheesy:

http://static.dezeen.com/uploads/2008/05/black-pot.jpg

mjschaefer
01-15-2010, 02:51 PM
After a long absence, I am back and ready to drink. The only thing keeping me from getting hammered is that Day 1 hasn't started.

Good luck to all.

dryrunguy
01-15-2010, 03:23 PM
After a long absence, I am back and ready to drink. The only thing keeping me from getting hammered is that Day 1 hasn't started.

Good luck to all.

That's a poor excuse! :cheesy:

zephblabs
01-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Already open? I have put winning another SP in my to do list. I particularly like this SP since play begins quite late for me, so I have all day long to brood whether I should pick Li Na.

I do miss Ai though. She has safely gotten me through many first rounds. :)

Drop-shot
01-15-2010, 04:50 PM
I do miss Ai though. She has safely gotten me through many first rounds. :)

Me too.

dryrunguy
01-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Um, I haven't forgotten Severine Bremond and what she did to Ai at Wimbledon a few years back. Another SP catastrophe.

But I agree, on the right surface and in the right circumstances, Ai was normally a pretty good pick in the early rounds.

mmmm8
01-15-2010, 05:07 PM
Um, I haven't forgotten Severine Bremond and what she did to Ai at Wimbledon a few years back. Another SP catastrophe.

But I agree, on the right surface and in the right circumstances, Ai was normally a pretty good pick in the early rounds.

There was also the Makarova fiasco at USO. Ai really wasn't the same the last few years

dryrunguy
01-15-2010, 05:09 PM
There was also the Makarova fiasco at USO. Ai really wasn't the same the last few years

I must have already been out of that pool because that doesn't ring a bell.

The great thing about Ai was that, even if it didn't go her way, you knew full well that she's at least try to win... Which seperates her from so many.

hurricanejeanne
01-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Jessie, you're a Saint. :cheesy:

I love the Bond Sisters but do NOT pick them. I've picked Alona twice over the years and she's gotten me ousted both times. And a rule of thumb I've always gone by is to not pick your favorites in SP, it's like a double jinx.

Woody
01-15-2010, 07:54 PM
As this is my first SP effort, I'm sure I'll be hanging out in here before long. But can anybody provide some general strategy before we begin? What do you all look for? I was thinking for the first week, look for seeds in the 17-32 range that usually live up to their seeding but rarely go further, picking the one with the best matchup in each round. Then in week 2, try to predict the finals and semis, and work backward from there. Is that generally how it's done? Other approaches?

Thanks!
Woody

shtexas
01-15-2010, 07:59 PM
As this is my first SP effort, I'm sure I'll be hanging out in here before long. But can anybody provide some general strategy before we begin? What do you all look for? I was thinking for the first week, look for seeds in the 17-32 range that usually live up to their seeding but rarely go further, picking the one with the best matchup in each round. Then in week 2, try to predict the finals and semis, and work backward from there. Is that generally how it's done? Other approaches?

Thanks!
Woody

It's a sound strategy, until a Querrey or a Ferrero throws you under the bus.

Welcome aboard, Woody.

Charlie02123
01-15-2010, 08:06 PM
Welcome aboard, Woody.
If Nelslus had a nickel...

nelslus
01-15-2010, 08:17 PM
If Nelslus had a nickel...

:hyst:

Welcome aboard, Woody.

Albeit, this of course is actually baby nelslus' favorite expression. :lipsrsealed:

hurricanejeanne
01-15-2010, 08:18 PM

Thanks!
Woody

Welcome to TATLand! :cheesy:

That's about the same strategy I've used in the past, the only time it's worked pretty well was the Practice Pool for Miami 07 where I made the finals but defaulted because I ran out players. A lot of the time you really have to go with your gut. I've tried comparing stats, head to heads, everything you'd think of, but a lot of the time I'd look the list and go "oh I'll be that person" only to change my mind for another and that second choice loses.

owendonovan
01-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Can I have a black russian just for the hell of it?

nelslus
01-15-2010, 08:27 PM

MOQj0wjw;tjopwiitjiwjt234tj32.

(Translation: Tell me about it.)

:gorgeous:.

waylandboy-tw
01-15-2010, 08:56 PM

Thanks!
Woody

Feel free to give it a shot, and good luck!

Or you can do what a lot of people do and just join the biggest bandwagon each day until it crashes:)

Just try to avoid the dreaded "no pick" which tends to grab quite a few in the first week as well. Sometimes 90% of success is just showing up!

Of course, you can just wait for dryrunguy or one of the other people with a ton of medals to make their daily pick and just ride their coattails through the first week. They like that!;)

Welcome to TAT!

owendonovan
01-15-2010, 09:10 PM

Thanks!
Woody

Don't ride my coattails, unless you want to start drinking after, like, the second match of the tournament. 4 years, 2nd week once, 0 medals.

Woody
01-15-2010, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the tips all! I'll be happy to make make the 2nd week on either side :)

zephblabs
01-16-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the tips all! I'll be happy to make make the 2nd week on either side :)

Rookie? Believe me you'll win. I think a lot of people win their first tournament. I did, but after that I haven't even gone past the second week. (I hate you Hingis, I hate you!)

mwoods
01-16-2010, 12:44 PM
I'll just post this now, as it could become the Loser's Lounge Day 1 Theme if the bandwagon goes down:

Kpq-CsqLsGU

Woody
01-16-2010, 01:42 PM
I don't want to breach etiquette, but I also want to talk about picks somewhere. Is that normally done?

mmmm8
01-16-2010, 01:52 PM
I don't want to breach etiquette, but I also want to talk about picks somewhere. Is that normally done?

This is as good a place as any.

And a little fake booze never hurt anyone's judgement, right? ;)

Welcome to TAT, btw!

zephblabs
01-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Wait. I forgot, can we change picks?? Do we edit our original post or repost? I still have about 23 hours to obsess with my choices. I swear if Nadia crashes and burns there will be blood!

munchin
01-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Wait. I forgot, can we change picks?? Do we edit our original post or repost? I still have about 23 hours to obsess with my choices. I swear if Nadia crashes and burns there will be blood!

You can change your picks up until the deadline. Definitely repost. Sometimes picks are recorded throughout the day so they don't all have to be recorded at the end.

I'm avoiding Nadia too. I think the loss to Justine may have set the tone for her year, unfortunately.

zephblabs
01-16-2010, 02:33 PM
You can change your picks up until the deadline. Definitely repost. Sometimes picks are recorded throughout the day so they don't all have to be recorded at the end.

Thanks. Maybe I'm changing Nadia. I'm scared.

Woody
01-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Thanks! Fake booze? I don't get that one.

Anyway, Day 1 for the women is brutal! Petrova is big ? after last year, Wickmayer almost lost in the Quallies, the Bondarenko's are so unpredictable. I guess you could go Petrova on the weakness of her opponent. But I think I gotta go with Alona B just cuz she drew a qualifier.

Do you all generally find the early women's rounds to be tougher to pick? I wonder if the stats bear this out, like do people drop from the women's pool faster than the men's?

shtexas
01-16-2010, 02:51 PM

Anyway, Day 1 for the women is brutal! Petrova is big ? after last year, Wickmayer almost lost in the Quallies, the Bondarenko's are so unpredictable. I guess you could go Petrova on the weakness of her opponent. But I think I gotta go with Alona B just cuz she drew a qualifier.

Do you all generally find the early women's rounds to be tougher to pick? I wonder if the stats bear this out, like do people drop from the women's pool faster than the men's?

They generally do drop faster from the women's pool, except last year's US Open.

mmmm8
01-16-2010, 02:58 PM

Well, we have a bartender on staff and you can order just about anything you like. By specifying it was 'fake,' I just meant it's not going to be substitute enough for the real alcohol you'll feel the need to intake after you crash out of the SP (or celebrate if you don't).

Be careful with A-Bond, there's a reason she's a regular here in the Losers' Lounge.

shtexas
01-16-2010, 03:02 PM
I miss Srebotnik and Sugiyama. They were usually quite dependable in the early rounds.

joanjettson
01-17-2010, 09:45 AM
My new friend GrecoLoco has heard good things about the happy hour, but we hope to stick with our New Year's resolutions and not drink until the second week :)

missinandre
01-17-2010, 10:51 AM
God help me. I really really really! Wanted to pick A-Bond for my first pick! Ah....screw it...I'm gonna go with my gut!

A-Bond.....show me some love! :)

Jay
01-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Dunno how I missed this, but sure! :cheesy:

http://equilibriumlost.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/absolut-black-russian-gihy.jpg

Well, we have a bartender on staff and you can order just about anything you like. By specifying it was 'fake,' I just meant it's not going to be substitute enough for the real alcohol you'll feel the need to intake after you crash out of the SP (or celebrate if you don't).

Be careful with A-Bond, there's a reason she's a regular here in the Losers' Lounge.
Yeah, me! :cheesy:

Time-wise, this is my favourite grand slam to "bartend."

Woody
01-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Less than an hour to go! Don't worry, I'm pretty sure Alona will be in the 2nd round. Petrova on the other hand...

P.S. I hope a little trash talk is considered fair play :)

nelslus
01-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Less than an hour to go! Don't worry, I'm pretty sure Alona will be in the 2nd round. Petrova on the other hand...

.....Understatement alert......:cheesy:

Moose
01-17-2010, 03:51 PM

You're new around here, aren't you?

:)

Woody
01-17-2010, 05:28 PM
I believe we have established that, yes.

Hey, is there a summary of how many people picked each player? Just wondering how many are headed here after Wickmayer's next set....

Moose
01-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Hey, is there a summary of how many people picked each player? Just wondering how many are headed here after Wickmayer's next set....

We usually provide a daily rundown in the Picks and Results threads, Woody. Shtexas and Beau have today's posted there. Wicky is taking out 35 if she loses.

Drop-shot
01-17-2010, 05:33 PM
I believe we have established that, yes.

Look at the Picks and Results threads.

amenssen
01-17-2010, 06:30 PM
damn damn damn missed the deadline (stupid Literature paper) so i guess i'm in here by default :mad:

tinamarie
01-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Wow, I cannot believe we are 3 hrs into the Australian Open and I am already here.
This has to be a very sad record. Thanks for nothing, Timea. My drinks are on you.

Jessie, can I have a tequila, please? With a slice of lemon, please. I am feeling bitter.

mysterX
01-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Taken out by Timea Bacsinszky on day 1.

I noticed that Beau actually picked Meusburger to win. Kudos for that pick. I've picked against Meusburger before and never been disappointed, before today. C'est la vie.

Jay
01-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Wow, I cannot believe we are 3 hrs into the Australian Open and I am already here.
This has to be a very sad record. Thanks for nothing, Timea. My drinks are on you.

Jessie, can I have a tequila, please? With a slice of lemon, please. I am feeling bitter.
Here ya go, Tina!

http://www.mediatinker.com/blog/upload/2007/02/tequila-lemon.jpg

tinamarie
01-17-2010, 07:36 PM
thanks, jessie:).

greenhopper
01-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Timea Bacinznsky or however your spell her name. Never again. :mad:

Got anything Swiss?

mmmm8
01-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Timea Bacinznsky or however your spell her name. Never again. :mad:

Got anything Swiss?

I can mail you half a bottle of expensive Swiss award-winning vodka that was given to me as a present. It tastes like rubbing alcohol. :)

dryrunguy
01-17-2010, 08:02 PM
I can mail you half a bottle of expensive Swiss award-winning vodka that was given to me as a present. It tastes like rubbing alcohol. :)

Is that you, Kitty Dukakis?

Jay
01-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Sure, Greenhopper!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3340/3179415977_a57c27dcb7.jpg

greenhopper
01-17-2010, 08:36 PM

What's rubbing alcohol?

Thanks, Jessie!

mmmm8
01-17-2010, 08:39 PM
What's rubbing alcohol?

Thanks, Jessie!

http://www.chemistryland.com/CHM107Lab/Exp10_pHindicator/Lab/RubbingAlcohol.jpg

I don't advise drinking it

greenhopper
01-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Hilarious. Thanks for the warning. Very sweet of you. :cheesy:

noedee
01-18-2010, 02:25 AM
Got kicked out by Timea too! Now I'm counting on Jarkko to keep me alive in the men's draw.

In the meantime, I think I'll need a Mojito, please, Jessie...

Jay
01-18-2010, 02:31 AM
Got kicked out by Timea too! Now I'm counting on Jarkko to keep me alive in the men's draw.

In the meantime, I think I'll need a Mojito, please, Jessie...
Here ya go, Noedee! http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5016/mojito1.jpg

Madame
01-18-2010, 02:37 AM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!

Fish you darn Son of of a B**** how could you ????? :grrr::grrr::grrr:

I don't believe it. I'm pissed off.
And it's not even noon, I can't drink now can I ?????

yes I can.

I am going to drown my sorrow in a bottle of Rhum. Guadeloup Rhum please, and some lemon and sugar to accompany it.

Jay
01-18-2010, 03:01 AM
This is all I could find. :(

Here ya go Madame. Sorry about Fish :(
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6024/vanillaontherocksglass.png

nguyen
01-18-2010, 03:07 AM
I want fish sticks. *grumbles*

Madame
01-18-2010, 03:08 AM
gulp, gulp, gulp, .....

:triste:

bouhouhouhouhou http://yelims.free.fr/Groumph/Triste20.gif

http://yelims.free.fr/Groumph/Mecontent01.gif

Jay
01-18-2010, 03:11 AM
I want fish sticks. *grumbles*
Your wish is my command :cool:

Here ya go
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6919/df080730snaps.jpg

atlpam
01-18-2010, 04:47 AM
Is that you, Kitty Dukakis?

:hyst::hyst::hyst: (showing my age)

jkfriedman
01-18-2010, 05:17 AM
Thanks Mardy

A bottle of Fish Eye Cabernet Savignon please

(By the way how come you spell your name Mardy, instead of Marty? Stop by my table when you get a chance:confused:)

lukeorion
01-18-2010, 07:43 AM
ughhhhhh I hate you Fish.

How bout a glass of white wine since I have to keep it classy cause of classes starting tomorrow

tennisbrp
01-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Fish, you fish. Maybe some herbal sleepytime tea spiked with brandy and a few fish oil pills

winston
01-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Here, fishy fishy fishy
I have some goodies for you

Jay
01-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Thanks Mardy

A bottle of Fish Eye Cabernet Savignon please

(By the way how come you spell your name Mardy, instead of Marty? Stop by my table when you get a chance:confused:)
Here ya go:
http://www.badgerwest.com/images/FishEyeCabSauv.jpg

ughhhhhh I hate you Fish.

How bout a glass of white wine since I have to keep it classy cause of classes starting tomorrow
Sure! here ya go
http://www.tastetourist.com/images/glassware/white_wine_glass.jpg

Fish, you fish. Maybe some herbal sleepytime tea spiked with brandy and a few fish oil pills
lol. Here ya go

http://www.celsias.com/media/uploads/admin/herbal_tea.jpg
:p
http://battlingforhealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/fish-oil.jpg

catz33
01-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Seems like Jessie has the contacts to get everything and anything.........

Makes me wonder what I should order? :gorgeous:

I'd better leave for the moment though, don't want to give Bellucci any ideas.

Go Chiudinelli and Kvitova!

And Bellucci, you are on the hill-Bring it home!

adicecream
01-18-2010, 03:39 PM
OK, why would I pick Fish? I don't even like him. Oh yeah, I thought he was a sure thing.

Gin please. And early 70s music. Your choice but make it loud.

Thanks for being here to help drown my sorrows and I promise never to pick fish again.

Jay
01-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Seems like Jessie has the contacts to get everything and anything.........

Makes me wonder what I should order? :gorgeous:

I'd better leave for the moment though, don't want to give Bellucci any ideas.

Go Chiudinelli and Kvitova!

And Bellucci, you are on the hill-Bring it home!
Order anything you'd like :cool:

OK, why would I pick Fish? I don't even like him. Oh yeah, I thought he was a sure thing.

Gin please. And early 70s music. Your choice but make it loud.

Thanks for being here to help drown my sorrows and I promise never to pick fish again.

How about some Bombay Sapphire?

http://www.arenaflowers.com/product_image/large/1241-bombay_sapphire_gin.jpg
I'm not too familiar with early 70s music (more of a late 70s and early 80s New Wave fanatic :cheesy:).

How about "Money" from Pink Floyd? :cheesy:

JkhX5W7JoWI

mmmm8
01-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Pink Floyd's WAY too good for the LL!!! Desecration!

zephblabs
01-18-2010, 04:09 PM
AAAAAHHH. Traffic in the Turnpike killed my chances of putting in a pick. Stepanek did lose so...

hurricanejeanne
01-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Jessie, hook up a new bag of vodka for my IV, Domi's about to drop kick me in here @#$%^&*&%$#@$%^&*(*&^%$#%^&*()!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay
01-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Jessie, hook up a new bag of vodka for my IV, Domi's about to drop kick me in here @#$%^&*&%$#@$%^&*(*&^%$#%^&*()!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry about Domi. Maybe she'll still pull through :p

Here ya go, new bag:
http://www.cwladis.com/math104/secondaryIV.gif

ponchi101
01-18-2010, 06:42 PM

The stats in the AO Live Scoreboard show that they have hit 0 winners (and just a few Unforced errors). I don't think that is possible, but that must be one dull match to watch.
But Dominika will pull it through. I think

Moose
01-18-2010, 07:02 PM
Grosjean party of 7...your table is ready.

lululala
01-18-2010, 07:33 PM
I'll have a bottle of Bourbon please. I have am out completely simply because I did not make my picks! Arggghhhh! :mad:

shtexas
01-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Large group out with Sela (22)

Moose
01-18-2010, 07:42 PM
How about a bottle of Manischewitz for all us Sela pickers that just got offed.

Danielle
01-18-2010, 07:43 PM

But you said we'd win in 5!!! Argh...I'll have whatever my friend Moose is having. :mad:

Moose
01-18-2010, 07:46 PM
But you said we'd win in 5!!! Argh...I'll have whatever my friend Moose is having. :mad:

OH...you mean you took me seriously on that?

Lets say you and I sit down and talk over this failed strategy. Palm Springs?...March? Sound good to you?

Danielle
01-18-2010, 07:51 PM
OH...you mean you took me seriously on that?

Lets say you and I sit down and talk over this failed strategy. Palm Springs?...March? Sound good to you?

:hyst: God, I love you TAT folks! You never fail to make me smile.

March it is. Drinks on Dudi. :)

Moose
01-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Querrey...party of 14...our hostess will seat you now.

shtexas
01-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Now calling Querrey, table of 14.

Moose
01-18-2010, 08:03 PM
and the Cibulkova party...from the brink of doom, to a 5-1 third set lead, back to the brink of doom. Gotta love the WTA.

hurricanejeanne
01-18-2010, 08:03 PM
@#$%^&*I((*&^%$#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#$%^&*

Why bother saving the first match point Domi?
Why bother going UP 5-1 in the third set Domi?
Why the hell bother?

@#$%^&**&^%$#@#$%^&*(*&^%$#@#$%^&*@#$%^&*&^%$#$%^&*(*&^%$#$%^&*(*&^%$#$%^&*(*&^%$#$%^&*

jadesa
01-18-2010, 08:07 PM
After that Cibulkova match can I just have shots of tequila or whatever will get me drunk fastest?

hurricanejeanne
01-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Tequila, vodka, and nyquil mixed with a twisty straw PLEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEE

Jay
01-18-2010, 08:25 PM
After that Cibulkova match can I just have shots of tequila or whatever will get me drunk fastest?
Sure! Here ya go! http://www.oliviamunn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/tequila-shot.jpg

I'll have a bottle of Bourbon please. I have am out completely simply because I did not make my picks! Arggghhhh! :mad:
Here ya go! http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6893/bourbonh.jpg

Suckage. Here ya go
http://eagercolin.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/manischewitz.jpg

@#$%^&*I((*&^%$#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#$%^&*

Why bother saving the first match point Domi?
Why bother going UP 5-1 in the third set Domi?
Why the hell bother?

@#$%^&**&^%$#@#$%^&*(*&^%$#@#$%^&*@#$%^&*&^%$#$%^&*(*&^%$#$%^&*(*&^%$#$%^&*(*&^%$#$%^&*

I'm going to interpret this as you saying you need some vodka :p
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2322/absolutvodka1litermrkhi.jpg

Jay
01-18-2010, 08:26 PM
Tequila, vodka, and nyquil mixed with a twisty straw PLEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEE
lol posted some vodka before reading this. :p

hurricanejeanne
01-18-2010, 08:31 PM
The last time I went out on the first day (this is technically a first day pick) was my first SP. What the hell?

shtexas
01-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Melzer party of 8. Melzer, party of 8!

shtexas
01-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Robredo's down.

FEBravo
01-18-2010, 11:32 PM
Wow, out on Day 1 in both Men and Women. I must be one of the only one (who actually made a "legal" pick I mean). Seems I'm getting worse at this game. Oh well. Next round's on me.

mwoods
01-18-2010, 11:51 PM
AMG? I can barely even be mad about this pick, but losing to the Sprem Dumpster without her even needing free points is pretty sad. Keep me alive, Tommy Haas!

rickym63
01-19-2010, 12:25 AM
This must be a first, I got killed by a man from Ireland. Yes IRELAND.

Pint of Guinness please.

Jay
01-19-2010, 12:31 AM
Here ya go, Ricky:
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2862/guinnesspint.jpg

noedee
01-19-2010, 02:04 AM
Ferrero down, Oudin down... that's gotta hurt someone?

munchin
01-19-2010, 02:21 AM
Ferrero down, Oudin down... that's gotta hurt someone?

11 Ferreros, 5 Oudins

headcase
01-19-2010, 02:34 AM
Why do I always lose in the men's pool first? That's sexist.

noedee
01-19-2010, 02:35 AM
Well, I'm waiting for Becker to win before I can properly gloat... and somehow he seems to enjoy making me wait... just got broken when he was serving for the match!

missinandre
01-19-2010, 02:36 AM
Freaking Stinking Grosjean!!!

missinandre
01-19-2010, 02:37 AM
11 Ferreros, 5 Oudins

JC was my first choice. I decided he was much too risky and switched to Grosjean.

For what? I'm asking myself right now..... :mad::mad::mad:

noedee
01-19-2010, 02:39 AM
Match point for Becker....

noedee
01-19-2010, 02:41 AM
and... GLOAT!

greenhopper
01-19-2010, 02:44 AM
Are the Rochi good picks in an early round? I mean Donaldy wins main draw matches as frequently as Steve Ulrich makes a good call. Tres horrible. :mad:

noedee
01-19-2010, 02:44 AM
All right, I've got to admit though, I'm already in the losers lounge on the women's side... all the more time to focus on the men's!

noedee
01-19-2010, 02:45 AM
Are the Rochi good picks in an early round? I mean Donaldy wins main draw matches as frequently as Steve Ulrich makes a good call. Tres horrible. :mad:

I'd trust them on clay or if their opponent is very small!!;)

munchin
01-19-2010, 02:48 AM
JC was my first choice. I decided he was much too risky and switched to Grosjean.

For what? I'm asking myself right now..... :mad::mad::mad:

Those days are almost a relief. I've had days where my first, backup and second backup picks all lost. It's like - it's not your picking skill at fault, it's fate.

missinandre
01-19-2010, 02:54 AM
Those days are almost a relief. I've had days where my first, backup and second backup picks all lost. It's like - it's not your picking skill at fault, it's fate.

LOL! Well for me...I have BIG comfort. There are others here....who have proved long before I came along....(and multiple times) that there is just no rhyme or reason to SP picks.

But I'm still pissed! Not a happy thing to wake up to, especially when you think you have a "sure" thing!

leosash
01-19-2010, 03:04 AM
I am furious at myself for picking Tommy Robredo. Usually I do not pick him on hard-courts thinking that while he is good on the surface, on any day he could be beaten on the surface. But his performance in the Hopman Cup was what made me go for him. Wanted to pick Llodra first...

marieJ
01-19-2010, 05:18 AM
what kind of drink would help the case :
after the worst start ever on YCWJ... lost 2 guys and 3 women :( now i'm out of the women's pool because of carolina sprem ?
why did i pick garrigues ??
i supposed i did not sleep enough !

gimme vodka shooters pls !

tobiasfunke
01-19-2010, 06:09 AM
I'm double cheeked by my day 1 picks. Sadly, my day 2 picks won. :rolleyes:

Can I get some vodka in my orange juice this morning?

I hope Sam Querrey falls through 100 more glass tables, and Domi Cibulkova contracts 100 STDs!

lukeorion
01-19-2010, 07:36 AM
Ugh. Double cheeked already!!! I haven't lost this bad since............ever. Ugh. Stupid AMG.

Give me a redbull vodka. It's the first day of class so I need something to keep me going.

Woody
01-19-2010, 07:50 AM
Stupid Melzer! Oh well, I went 3 for 4, with my loss a 5-setter. Could have been worse.

Also, there looks to be way more of a bloodbath on the men's side. Unexpected.

mmmm8
01-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Stupid Melzer! Oh well, I went 3 for 4, with my loss a 5-setter. Could have been worse.

Also, there looks to be way more of a bloodbath on the men's side.
Unexpected.

A bunch of Day 2 women's matches were moved to Wednesday, though. It'll catch up

mmmm8
01-19-2010, 08:45 AM
Ok, I'm here to kind of gloat but also have a drink to calm my nerves, because I'm thinking this is a bad omen.

Out of the 10 sets my four picks played, six were bagels, with my picks' opponents winning 0 games in two of the matches.

I'll have a lychee martini, please, Jessie.

patrick
01-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Ok, I'm here to kind of gloat but also have a drink to calm my nerves, because I'm thinking this is a bad omen.

Out of the 10 sets my four picks played, six were bagels, with my picks' opponents winning 0 games in two of the matches.

:thumbsup:

shtexas
01-19-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm here because Rezai has disaster written all over it. I might as well start early.

atlpam
01-19-2010, 09:54 AM
You'd think I would have learned by now never to trust a Frenchman as a suicide pool pick - thanks for nothing Chardy :mad:

Bring me a bottle of your best Lafite Rothschild from the cellar (where Chardy belongs).

Thanks!

--cj--
01-19-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm here because Rezai has disaster written all over it. I might as well start early.

What's that? I couldn't hear you over the jangling of all your medals. ;)

greenhopper
01-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Sooo, that was fun. Be back with more outrageous picks for the French.

Till then, *clinking a glass of apple 'tini* cheers. ;)

Audiman
01-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Hmm, not actually very good at this. Picked Becker for the men's. After play started, somebody pojnted out he was Day 2. Then I chose 'Bondarenko' for the ladies'. After play had kicked off, I got an e-mail asking 'Which Bondarenko sister would that be, then?'. Wake me up in late May.

dryrunguy
01-19-2010, 12:34 PM

I feel good about Rezai! Besides, the options were pretty limited. I already used Petrova, which was dangerous enough, and I ain't touchin' the bottom half of that half of the draw until I ABSOLUTELY have to... Of course, chances are I won't even get far enough to worry about that...

Okay. Now you have me nervous, too... But I ain't changin' it.

Drop-shot
01-19-2010, 01:08 PM
I feel good about Rezai! Besides, the options were pretty limited. I already used Petrova, which was dangerous enough, and I ain't touchin' the bottom half of that half of the draw until I ABSOLUTELY have to... Of course, chances are I won't even get far enough to worry about that...

Me neither... hence my kleybanova pick :rolleyes:

TennisAnyone74
01-19-2010, 02:17 PM

Me neither... hence my kleybanova pick :rolleyes:

What's that? I couldn't hear you over the jangling of all your medals. ;)

:overhead_clap::overhead_clap::overhead_clap:

I changed the order, but it still applies to all three! :)

TA

dryrunguy
01-19-2010, 02:20 PM

TA

Oh hush! :cheesy:

Drop-shot
01-19-2010, 03:12 PM

TA

What medals? :cheesy:

My SP medal is all by itself. It needs a companion.

mmmm8
01-19-2010, 03:13 PM
What medals? :cheesy:

My SP medal is all by itself. It needs a companion.

I'm sure it'll feel very welcome among mine if you donate it to me

Drop-shot
01-19-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm sure it'll feel very welcome among mine if you donate it to me

It's afraid of leaving the box. Phobia of open spaces it says.

mmmm8
01-19-2010, 03:32 PM
It's afraid of leaving the box. Phobia of open spaces it says.

Well, then I'll take the whole box!

nelslus
01-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Well, then I'll take the whole box!

Ummmm.....actually, this is what mmmm8's dates typically say. :gorgeous:

mmmm8
01-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Ummmm.....actually, this is what mmmm8's dates typically say. :gorgeous:

:shocked:

What exactly is the medal in this inappropriate innuendo?

Please don't answer.

Someone, put on some crappy music to drown out nelslus. And where's my martini?

oohsalmon
01-19-2010, 03:56 PM
:shocked:

What exactly is the medal in this inappropriate innuendo?

Please don't answer.

Someone, put on some crappy music to drown out nelslus. And where's my martini?

That's my cue!

8jyc5bkbxBQ

mmmm8
01-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Perfect, salmon. And it reminded of Spanish Davis Cup Team singing videos. They like to sing, ¨Yo soy español,¨ too, and you have Lopez for the drag.

Drop-shot
01-19-2010, 04:02 PM
That's my cue!

8jyc5bkbxBQ

WHERE do you find this stuff?

Moose
01-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Vesnina (7), Krumm (2)...can you mix vodka and sake?

mwoods
01-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Is it mean that I'm already out of the women's but I'm still cheering for a Bondarenko-ing? :evil:

Moose
01-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Is it mean that I'm already out of the women's but I'm still cheering for a Bondarenko-ing? :evil:

Gosh no, Mwoods. It's not really a Suicide Pool until some people are Bondarenko'd.

seaweed
01-19-2010, 06:40 PM

no, but only because i didn't pick her :D

Earth-dragon
01-19-2010, 07:02 PM
And, I need a drink after K-bond died...lol

mwoods
01-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Bwahaha. :evil:

mmmm8
01-19-2010, 07:04 PM
INCOMING

Party of 28 Regulars!

You've been BondarenKO'd!

Moose
01-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Bwahaha. :evil:

And there we go... ANOTHER Suicide Pool with a good old-fashioned Bondareko-ing.

I wonder if they have any idea how much joy they have brought us over the years?

JTContinental
01-19-2010, 07:08 PM
INCOMING

Party of 28 Regulars!

You've been BondarenKO'd!

This means you get free Mardi Gras beads and a body shot!

aedra1119
01-19-2010, 07:10 PM
And there we go... ANOTHER Suicide Pool with a good old-fashioned Bondareko-ing.

I wonder if they have any idea how much joy they have brought us over the years?

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/lequipe/20090921/10/1661443940.jpg

Dearest Moose,

Of course we know. It's all we talk about in the Bondarenko household. It is Alona's and my dream to live up to our legendary Suicide Pool status. I'm still playing catch up to my dear sister, but I knew my loss today would give me a great start! Drinks on me, my victims friends!

Forever yours,
Katya

Jay
01-19-2010, 07:14 PM
I JUST remembered that I forgot to make picks today. FML. :cry:

I'll get drinks in a bit when I get home :p

Moose
01-19-2010, 07:16 PM

Dearest Moose,

Of course we know. It's all we talk about in the Bondarenko household. It is Alona's and my dream to live up to our legendary Suicide Pool status. I'm still playing catch up to my dear sister, but I knew my loss today would give me a great start! Drinks on me, my victims friends!

Forever yours,
Katya

Simply awesome! Thank you for that monster guffaw, Miss Aedra!

Moose
01-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Obviously, karma has raised its ugly head one more time, as while I laughed at another round of Bondarenko-ing, Melinda Czink leaves me double cheeked.

What's frosty, thrist quenching and Hungarian?

shtexas
01-19-2010, 07:18 PM

Dearest Moose,

Forever yours,
Katya

PERFECT!

waylandboy-tw
01-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Obviously, karma has raised its ugly head one more time, as while I laughed at another round of Bondarenko-ing, Melinda Czink leaves me double cheeked.

Feel free to give me whatever Moose is drinking.....Czink:mad:

mwoods
01-19-2010, 07:22 PM

Agnes Svavay?

Sorry, Moose! But just think, you could be starting a new trend. Czunk could be the new Bondarenko'd!

seaweed
01-19-2010, 07:22 PM

Dearest Moose,

Forever yours,
Katya

someone should really keep a running total of alona's and katya's friends.

aedra1119
01-19-2010, 07:23 PM

Looks like karma's going to strike again. Tomas Berdbrain is well on his way to half-cheeking me. :rolleyes:

Moose
01-19-2010, 07:26 PM

Agnes Svavay?

I don't think I've laughed this much since Tati and Marion last texted each other.

joanjettson
01-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Oh, so that's a Flaming Bondarenko. Delicious!

shtexas
01-19-2010, 08:07 PM
From early today:

I know of what I speak.

Jay
01-19-2010, 08:17 PM
what kind of drink would help the case :
after the worst start ever on YCWJ... lost 2 guys and 3 women :( now i'm out of the women's pool because of carolina sprem ?
why did i pick garrigues ??
i supposed i did not sleep enough !

gimme vodka shooters pls !
Here ya go!
http://www.csc.gov.sg/html/Newsletter/dec2004/decdrinkofthemonth.jpg

I'm double cheeked by my day 1 picks. Sadly, my day 2 picks won. :rolleyes:

Can I get some vodka in my orange juice this morning?

I hope Sam Querrey falls through 100 more glass tables, and Domi Cibulkova contracts 100 STDs!
sure thing!
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/7929/winchester178101604.jpg

Ugh. Double cheeked already!!! I haven't lost this bad since............ever. Ugh. Stupid AMG.

Give me a redbull vodka. It's the first day of class so I need something to keep me going.
No prob!
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6087/redbullandvodka.jpg

Here ya go!
http://www.hanasianvodka.com/images/drink-lychee.jpg

You'd think I would have learned by now never to trust a Frenchman as a suicide pool pick - thanks for nothing Chardy :mad:

Bring me a bottle of your best Lafite Rothschild from the cellar (where Chardy belongs).

Thanks!
Here ya go! There are a few you can choose from ;)
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6936/100710.jpg

Sooo, that was fun. Be back with more outrageous picks for the French.

Till then, *clinking a glass of apple 'tini* cheers. ;)
Here ya go!
http://thedubliner.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/01/31/appletini_2.jpg

WHERE do you find this stuff?
lol It's a possibly Spanish entry for Eurovision :p
It's gotten quite a few votes, too (you can vote on Spain's Eurovision site)

Other than Szavay, any one of these, I say! :)
http://www.budapesthotels.com/touristguide/kepek/food.h2.jpg

Feel free to give me whatever Moose is drinking.....Czink:mad:
No prob!
http://www.budapesthotels.com/touristguide/kepek/food.h2.jpg

Moose
01-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Do we have Carly Simon's "You're So (Ara)vane" on the Jukebox From Hell?

seaweed
01-19-2010, 08:40 PM
i'm still alive in the sp, but with 94 more people here, it sounds like it would be fun here :)

shtexas
01-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Another fail in the women's suicide pool.

ptmcmahon
01-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Help! I can't get in, the line's too long!

Equipped
01-19-2010, 08:42 PM
I need someone to invent the Kerber Cocktail.

(I'll have 7 of them.)

aedra1119
01-19-2010, 08:43 PM

Moose
01-19-2010, 08:44 PM

Perfect!

shtexas
01-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Please make a little room for the Berdych party.

aedra1119
01-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Please make a little room for the Berdych party.
Looks like the only place for us is under the tables. :(

oohsalmon
01-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Tomas you never disappoint against people this bad. You disappoint against good players!

If I wasn't so in love with you, I would hate you.

likembrave
01-19-2010, 08:55 PM
I need a drink with FR-ANGELIQUE-CO in it!!!! Maybe with some BITTERS in it as well!

Danielle
01-19-2010, 11:25 PM
94 out??!! Damn...that's one helluva SP bloodbath.

And yes, I was secretly cheering that it would happen. :lipsrsealed: I'm so gonna pay for that.

mmmm8
01-19-2010, 11:29 PM

And yes, I was secretly cheering that it would happen. :lipsrsealed: I'm so gonna pay for that.

Don't worry, you weren't alone :cheesy:

Kirkus
01-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Can I just say I have a hard enough time with this blasted contest without losing electricity all day -- when I'm half-cheeked already -- and not being able to post my pick. :mad:

This has to be some bad karma coming back on me.

noedee
01-20-2010, 01:19 AM

Add another 12 for Troickiers!

Justme
01-20-2010, 01:42 AM
Double-cheeked in one day! Thanks a lot Rezai and Troicki :mad:

Can I have a Mimosa please?

gimpyknee2004
01-20-2010, 02:41 AM
Is it possible to be triple cheeked? Grosjean loses his delayed match. Moya loses Day 2. Now a British woman makes the third round, eliminating me.

I'll have a Pimm's in Baltacha's honour.

beaujarkko
01-20-2010, 03:02 AM
Can I just say I have a hard enough time with this blasted contest without losing electricity all day -- when I'm half-cheeked already -- and not being able to post my pick. :mad:

It's the avatar.

mmmm8
01-20-2010, 03:11 AM
It's the avatar.

I love you. Jessie, could you get Beau something with an umbrella, on me?

Jay
01-20-2010, 05:02 AM
I need someone to invent the Kerber Cocktail.

(I'll have 7 of them.)
:cheesy: Here ya go!
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9485/pinkdrinksbarbieparty.jpg

I need a drink with FR-ANGELIQUE-CO in it!!!! Maybe with some BITTERS in it as well!
This fits, I'd say (don't let the appearance fool you)
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9485/pinkdrinksbarbieparty.jpg

LOL I was thinking the same thing about myself. I forgot to make my picks today as well, and it made me remember about cheering for Vania to upset Cibulkova so a few friends in TATchat would lose (namely Nelslus and HurricaneJeanne). I kept saying during that match that it'd come back to bite me in the ass, and it has in the way of forgetting to post picks :p

Double-cheeked in one day! Thanks a lot Rezai and Troicki :mad:

Can I have a Mimosa please?
sure, justme!
http://www.deathcapades.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/mimosa.jpg

Is it possible to be triple cheeked? Grosjean loses his delayed match. Moya loses Day 2. Now a British woman makes the third round, eliminating me.

I'll have a Pimm's in Baltacha's honour.

How about a Pim's with a Pimm's? :cheesy:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2CjU-Bbntvk/Rwr6IJdM4GI/AAAAAAAABFg/DoU9F7IMJPA/s400/Pims.jpghttp://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1512/20080516pimmscup.jpg

LOL sure, m8.

Here's for you, beau!

Hurricane mmm. yummy
http://images.teamsugar.com/files/usr/1/15259/virginhurricane.jpg

atlpam
01-20-2010, 05:07 AM
Here ya go!

Here ya go! There are a few you can choose from ;)
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6936/100710.jpg

Thanks Jessie - now that Aravane has double-cheeked me, I probably need the whole case. :(

James7
01-20-2010, 05:28 AM
Oops... I didn't even notice I was out of the Men's one until this morning. I picked a match on Day 2 that I really didn't care about so I never noticed Young won a match. Darn... I was all excited that my Isner pick went through on the next day too... :o

TWmina
01-20-2010, 06:40 AM
thanks Vania. pffffftttt.

beths
01-20-2010, 08:15 AM
damn French players - why do I always pick one ? I wind up here when I do .
Thanks , Rezai !
As it is really early in the morning here - a bloody mary is in order

Kirkus
01-20-2010, 08:45 AM
It's the avatar.:flipoff:

;)

Woody
01-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Hey bartender, you know how to make a redeye?

Well, that was fun. I have to say I learned (and cared) more about obscure tennis players in the last 3 days than I did all last year!

illi10nis27
01-20-2010, 09:30 AM
I had a good feeling about Nieminen...until I started watching the match and saw that he was 0-4 against Serra. I have no idea what possessed me to pick him. At least he went out in five...he made some effort :)

Orange juice for me please...too early for alcohol today. My commiserations to the others in the lounge...and the other handful of Jarkko pickers.

Jay
01-20-2010, 10:11 AM
damn French players - why do I always pick one ? I wind up here when I do .
Thanks , Rezai !
As it is really early in the morning here - a bloody mary is in order
One Bloody Mary coming right up! :)
http://jayfingers.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/absolut-bloody-mary.jpg

Hey bartender, you know how to make a redeye?

Well, that was fun. I have to say I learned (and cared) more about obscure tennis players in the last 3 days than I did all last year!
This? if so, I sure do!
"
1 part Crystal Head Vodka
1/2 part DeKuyper Peach Schnapps
3 parts Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice
1 parts Homemade Grenadine
2 parts Schweppes Club Soda"
http://intoxicologist.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/red-eye-created-by-the-intoxicologist-using-crystal-head-vodka-240x300.jpg

I had a good feeling about Nieminen...until I started watching the match and saw that he was 0-4 against Serra. I have no idea what possessed me to pick him. At least he went out in five...he made some effort :)

Orange juice for me please...too early for alcohol today. My commiserations to the others in the lounge...and the other handful of Jarkko pickers.
Here ya go!
http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/IMAGES/Florida/Oranges_and_juice.jpg

morct
01-20-2010, 10:37 AM
I think this is the quickest I have ever been double cheeked, remind me never, never, never, never, never to pick a french player in a SP again.

A
3 bottles of St Emilion Grand Cru s'il vous plait.:mad::mad::mad:

dryrunguy
01-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Jessie, I'll take anything with toxic levels of Czink in it. :mad:

Jay
01-20-2010, 10:46 AM
I think this is the quickest I have ever been double cheeked, remind me never, never, never, never, never to pick a french player in a SP again.

A
3 bottles of St Emilion Grand Cru s'il vous plait.:mad::mad::mad:
Pas de problème!

http://www.bienmanger.com/images/genre/3161-0w300h300_Chateau_Haut_Saint_Brice_Chateau_Haut_Sa int_Brice_Saint_Emilion_Grand_Cru.jpghttp://www.bienmanger.com/images/genre/3161-0w300h300_Chateau_Haut_Saint_Brice_Chateau_Haut_Sa int_Brice_Saint_Emilion_Grand_Cru.jpghttp://www.bienmanger.com/images/genre/3161-0w300h300_Chateau_Haut_Saint_Brice_Chateau_Haut_Sa int_Brice_Saint_Emilion_Grand_Cru.jpg

morct
01-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Pas de problème!

http://www.bienmanger.com/images/genre/3161-0w300h300_Chateau_Haut_Saint_Brice_Chateau_Haut_Sa int_Brice_Saint_Emilion_Grand_Cru.jpghttp://www.bienmanger.com/images/genre/3161-0w300h300_Chateau_Haut_Saint_Brice_Chateau_Haut_Sa int_Brice_Saint_Emilion_Grand_Cru.jpghttp://www.bienmanger.com/images/genre/3161-0w300h300_Chateau_Haut_Saint_Brice_Chateau_Haut_Sa int_Brice_Saint_Emilion_Grand_Cru.jpg

Merci.

Will I ever learn to keep away from french players in suicide pools?????????

Jay
01-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Jessie, I'll take anything with toxic levels of Czink in it. :mad:
I heard this has plenty of Czink in it ;)
http://www.lichido.com/bottle.jpg

adicecream
01-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Why did I pick Rezai when I really really hate her outfit? Oh, yeah, I was being mature and analytical and not letting shallow considerations affect my choice.

She and Fish are dead to me now.

Can't drink cause I'm on sinus meds, but a large diet coke with lots of ice would be wonderful.

dryrunguy
01-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks, Jessie!

Jay
01-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Why did I pick Rezai when I really really hate her outfit? Oh, yeah, I was being mature and analytical and not letting shallow considerations affect my choice.

She and Fish are dead to me now.

Can't drink cause I'm on sinus meds, but a large diet coke with lots of ice would be wonderful.
Sure thing!
http://www.jpcigarettes.com/store/images/P/cola-glass.jpg

evil_juju
01-20-2010, 12:47 PM
thanks a lot Rezai! you suck and so do your outfits! :mad:

Woody
01-20-2010, 12:57 PM
This? if so, I sure do!
"
1 part Crystal Head Vodka
1/2 part DeKuyper Peach Schnapps
3 parts Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice
1 parts Homemade Grenadine
2 parts Schweppes Club Soda"
http://intoxicologist.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/red-eye-created-by-the-intoxicologist-using-crystal-head-vodka-240x300.jpg

Here ya go!

Thanks! Though not quite what I was looking for, still refreshing. Hint: it involves a whole egg yolk...

Omegadoom
01-20-2010, 01:19 PM

Could not have expressed myself any better!!!!!

Something to drown my sorrows in please Jessie. Bartenders choice!

Scotty
01-20-2010, 01:41 PM

Speaking of which, I think all of us Rezai pickers deserve an appropriate shot, inspired by that outfit: Goldschlager, please.

Jay
01-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Could not have expressed myself any better!!!!!

Something to drown my sorrows in please Jessie. Bartenders choice!

Speaking of which, I think all of us Rezai pickers deserve an appropriate shot, inspired by that outfit: Goldschlager, please.
Here ya go, folks! :)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dwHZrJQhOUM/Rz99meFLDZI/AAAAAAAAAHU/gQDEfFEU-KM/s400/top_dia_shooter.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dwHZrJQhOUM/Rz99meFLDZI/AAAAAAAAAHU/gQDEfFEU-KM/s400/top_dia_shooter.jpg

TennisAnyone74
01-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Half-cheeked by Viktor Troicki! I know he's Serbian, but I'll take a white Russian - preferably, a naked Marat Safin!

TA

missinandre
01-20-2010, 02:23 PM

:hyst::hyst::hyst:

Jay
01-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks! Though not quite what I was looking for, still refreshing. Hint: it involves a whole egg yolk...
Ooo. From the movie with Tom Cruise, right? (If memory serves me right, that is)
Found it :p
http://pad3.wikihow.com/images/thumb/5/55/2058.jpg/150px-2058.jpg

Half-cheeked by Viktor Troicki! I know he's Serbian, but I'll take a white Russian - preferably, a naked Marat Safin!

TA
I think I'll join you! (well, minus Marat. :p )

http://emeraldcityguy.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/white-russian.jpg

Madame
01-20-2010, 02:57 PM
ok, I finally got calm enough and it is finally late enough for me to drown my sorrow and anger in here.

Aravane !!!! :grrr::grrr::grrr:
I try not to pick frenchies but I was so absolutly sure she was going to win this match !!!

ok, I am double cheeked. I will come every day now to get drunk !
Jessie double Martini on the rocks please.

I think being Rezai'ed might become a sort of bondarenkoing ... :o

Jay
01-20-2010, 03:49 PM
ok, I finally got calm enough and it is finally late enough for me to drown my sorrow and anger in here.

Aravane !!!! :grrr::grrr::grrr:
I try not to pick frenchies but I was so absolutly sure she was going to win this match !!!

ok, I am double cheeked. I will come every day now to get drunk !
Jessie double Martini on the rocks please.

I think being Rezai'ed might become a sort of bondarenkoing ... :o
Here ya go, Madame:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uJzGo0C3WK4/StyzzSQdXmI/AAAAAAAACjI/u5iT0A9CHo4/s400/IMG_2035.jpg

Let's hope it doesn't become a new "Bondarenkoing" !

Woody
01-20-2010, 04:47 PM
That's the stuff! Thanks Jessie!

seaweed
01-20-2010, 10:06 PM
crash!

PeteFan
01-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Ugh, I'm out! Thanks Lisicki for ruining it for me! I knew I should have picked Peer.

Charlie02123
01-20-2010, 10:17 PM
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Omegadoom
01-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks Jessie.

Jtdrum10
01-21-2010, 03:04 AM
Whatever Sabine! :mad:

elisat
01-21-2010, 03:51 AM

Ditto :mad:

Jessie, please bring on that bottle of Bombay. As it is too early to drink, I think I'll use it to smash Lisicki head.

mjschaefer
01-21-2010, 04:48 AM
I lost on the women's side a little while ago, but it's real early in the morning so I'll take an orange juice.

If a little vodka happens to find a way in...even better.

Doc_P
01-21-2010, 04:59 AM
A nice Reisling may help wash away the bitterness of losing with Lisicki, a pick I made with no second thoughts

Jay
01-21-2010, 09:24 AM

Jessie, please bring on that bottle of Bombay. As it is too early to drink, I think I'll use it to smash Lisicki head.
LOL! Here ya go :p
http://sambasixtytwo.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/bombay-sapphire.jpg

I lost on the women's side a little while ago, but it's real early in the morning so I'll take an orange juice.

If a little vodka happens to find a way in...even better.
There may be some vodka in it ;)
http://www.drinkinghabits.com/images/harveywallbanger.jpg

A nice Reisling may help wash away the bitterness of losing with Lisicki, a pick I made with no second thoughts
Here ya go!
http://img4.sunset.com/i/2007/09/riesling-glass-m-m.jpg

mmmm8
01-21-2010, 11:19 AM
This just in!

Official Communication from Alona Bondarenko to the TAT Losers' Lounge:

http://www.australianopen.com/images/pics/large/b_alona_21_01_95804354.jpg

(that's Bondarenko-nian for "Up Yours!")

elisat
01-21-2010, 11:48 AM
This just in!

Someone has photoshoped this to remove a finger, I think.

:cheesy:

Moose
01-21-2010, 12:25 PM
This just in!

No one has picked her yet for tonight. I hope our SP'ers are aware of the possibilities of being "Reverse Bondarenko-d", which is when they win out of spite because no one picked them, but did pick their opponent.

mmmm8
01-21-2010, 12:30 PM
No one has picked her yet for tonight. I hope our SP'ers are aware of the possibilities of being "Reverse Bondarenko-d", which is when they win out of spite because no one picked them, but did pick their opponent.

If I'm any good at reading hand signs, that's exactly what she means. But I think the message got through, because I don't see people picking Jankovic, either!

Omegadoom
01-21-2010, 12:39 PM
This just in!

Someone has photoshoped this to remove a finger, I think.

:cheesy:

:hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst:

Madame
01-21-2010, 03:21 PM

I'm sure you won't feal better, but I would have chosen Sabine if I hadn't lost before :cheesy:

Barman, a cognac ! it's quite late ....

elisat
01-21-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm sure you won't feal better, but I would have chosen Sabine if I hadn't lost before :cheesy:

Barman, a cognac ! it's quite late ....

I'll have one with you, two VSOP, Jessie, please.

joanjettson
01-21-2010, 06:10 PM

Did you "Whatever, Sabine!" last summer too? That made me laugh then, and it makes me laugh now :)

Jtdrum10
01-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Did you "Whatever, Sabine!" last summer too? That made me laugh then, and it makes me laugh now :)

OMG, I think I did. I'm really bad about remembering who burns me in SPs:o

Moose
01-21-2010, 06:18 PM
4 Jankovic pickers walked into a bar....

mmmm8
01-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Alona just resent this for those who apparently didn't listen

This just in!

Lone-star
01-21-2010, 07:13 PM
I brought the nacho's and the chili is simmering! Since I was away for a bit I won't curse others with my "kiss of death" picks - until Wimbledon.

Moose
01-21-2010, 07:17 PM
I brought the nacho's and the chili is simmering! Since I was away for a bit I won't curse others with my "kiss of death" picks - until Wimbledon.

It is SO GOOD to see you. How about I buy you a lap dance from Patrick Rafter?

JTContinental
01-21-2010, 07:21 PM

Yay!!

Earth-dragon
01-21-2010, 07:56 PM
and gonzalez is 2 sets down.....wow...looks like I'm gonna be here soon...

elisat
01-21-2010, 07:57 PM
and gonzalez is 2 sets down.....wow...looks like I'm gonna be here soon...

You will not be alone. We are more than one hundred. Gonzo wake up!! :mad:

Drop-shot
01-21-2010, 08:05 PM
You will not be alone. We are more than one hundred. Gonzo wake up!! :mad:

This is the second largest bandwagon I have record of and it pales to Lleyton's 190 at the USO.