PDA

View Full Version : "24" - worth watching again?

Moose
01-07-2005, 02:14 AM
I really liked the first season, the 2nd got to be a drag, and last year I just gave up on it.

But from what I have been reading, its looks like they have reworked the show, particularly in the casting end, and it may be necessary to tune in again.

Just about everyone is gone except for Jack, they've added William Devane (Knots Landing, one of the best shows of the 80s), Shohreh Aghdashloo (from "House Of Sand And Fog"), and, best of all, Alberta Watson, who played Madelaine on one of my personal Top 5s TV of all time, "La Femme Nikita".

Arab terror cell at the root of this years 24 Hrs, and of course there have been protests. But read an interesting comment from Aghdashloo today, where she said "the protestors are going to be so embarrassed by the end of the season".

Kirkus
01-07-2005, 03:05 AM
I missed the entire first season, watched the 2nd and 3rd, but lost interest during the middle of both.

I'll probably give it another shot... keeps winning emmys so it must be doing something right.

(Note: I've stayed away from the Lost thread 'cuz I haven't seen last Wednesday's episode yet.)

Doll_Face
01-07-2005, 04:10 AM
I was hooked on the 2nd and 3rd seasons, and look forward to watching this season as well. I love the excitement and danger of the show.

Dennis isn't bad to look at either - handsome :-*

Moose
01-07-2005, 04:31 AM
(Note: I've stayed away from the Lost thread 'cuz I haven't seen last Wednesday's episode yet.)

treat time for Kirkus...this one was right up there with the pilot, and Locke's backstory. Especially if you dig on Kate.

meadfish
01-07-2005, 05:54 AM
I watched the entire first season of 24, only missed one episode. It was an awesome show. Lots of twists and always left you hanging so would tune in the next week. Season 2 was really good also. Season 3 they had to go for shock value and in my opinion lost much of the magnetic draw of the show. I will tune in to see this season also... but if it sucks I may just go rent Season 1 on DVD ;D

Kirkus
01-07-2005, 05:56 AM
I watched the entire first season of 24, only missed one episode. It was an awesome show. Lots of twists and always left you hanging so would tune in the next week. Season 2 was really good also. Season 3 they had to go for shock value and in my opinion lost much of the magnetic draw of the show. I will tune in to see this season also... but if it sucks I may just go rent Season 1 on DVD ;D
Don't rent it, dufus! Your mom owns it. Der.

Moose
01-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Don't rent it, dufus! Your mom owns it. Der.

Think "dufus" is actually "doofus" - unless that's a pet name you had for the Fish, K.

meadfish
01-07-2005, 08:42 AM
Pet... Fish... I get it! http://home.comcast.net/~meadfish/hyst.gif

meadfish
02-03-2005, 06:07 AM
Ok, so far I think they have done a good job reviving the show. This season seems to be going pretty well. I loved Monday's episode when Jack and Audrey are trapped and who comes to the rescue? (spoiler follows) Tony Almeda!! I actually cheered out loud!! I also like that this year they are showing 24 consecutive non-stop shows. I believe it is no repeats and no breaks :D

Doll_Face
02-28-2005, 11:17 AM
Oh junk, I got a new boyfriend. Curtis was HOT tonight. My boy can kick ass too - I think I'm in love :-*

You Go Boy!

Doll_Face
03-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Hey, they stiffed my boy Curtis and made Tony the boss. Tony is a great boss, and he has two years experience, but Curtis wasn't happy about it. I see a big rift on the horizon. Then, when it ended last night, they brought back Tony's ex-wife as the boss [smiley=woo_hoo.gif] I can't wait for the darts and arrows to start flying.

I love this show.

tennis4you
03-08-2005, 05:11 AM
The last season seemed to have drug on forever. By the time we neared the end I totally forget what happened in the beginning. The first 2 seasons were great.

I have not missed one of the 4th season yet, I think this one is fabulous!