PDA

View Full Version : AMitS IV: Ask Questions Here

dryrunguy
12-29-2009, 04:39 PM
This is the place to ask any questions about the contest.

Please read the instructions in the How it's Played (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15923)thread before posting your question. We'll respond as soon as possible.

ptmcmahon
12-30-2009, 09:52 PM
So how soon until these contests are automated too? :)

dryrunguy
12-30-2009, 10:20 PM
So how soon until these contests are automated too? :)

Ha!

Who knows what the future holds?

Don't panic, Elisa!

missinandre
12-31-2009, 07:38 AM
Could we have a post....the "Injured" list to help make predicting easier? We could all contribute to this list when we know a player has withdrawn or is possibly injured and is still playing?

patrick
12-31-2009, 07:44 AM
Could we have a post....the "Injured" list to help make predicting easier? We could all contribute to this list when we know a player has withdrawn or is possibly injured and is still playing?

Why have a list? Most of the time TAT know who is injured and who is not. Normally, if a player w/d, a TAT member will post that on the ongoing tournament thread.

dryrunguy
12-31-2009, 07:45 AM

I have two reactions to this. First, I guess I see it as the participants' responsibility to track these kinds of things. Second, I remember when a zillion of us had Tsonga on our teams (I think it was 2008 East Meets West)... He got hurt, so must of us dumped him... At which point, I posted something like, "Now watch him get uninjured and win Paris."

Which he did. :wall:

So, I guess I'm inclined to say it's the participants' responsibility to do their own scouting and make their own decision about how injured a player really is.

missinandre
12-31-2009, 07:49 AM
Be honest. It just makes it that much more fun when you know a player is injured and perhaps...some of the others haven't been following as closely as they should have and keep the injured on their team.... :)

dryrunguy
12-31-2009, 07:59 AM
Be honest. It just makes it that much more fun when you know a player is injured and perhaps...some of the others haven't been following as closely as they should have and keep the injured on their team.... :)

But that can come back and bite you in the patootie, missin... I think it was the French Open a few years ago... The word on the Internet was that Dimitry Tursunov had only one functioning arm and probably wouldn't be able to play. But come day 1 or 2 of the Suicide Pool, he was still in the draw... I thought I was being really sneaky and smart by picking AGAINST Dimitry in the Suicide Pool. I was so proud of myself for being so well informed.

Dimitry won in straights.

Miles
12-31-2009, 08:00 AM
I purposely did not trade Tsonga out that year after he got injured.

missinandre
12-31-2009, 08:01 AM
But that can come back and bite you in the patootie, missin... I think it was the French Open a few years ago... The word on the Internet was that Dimitry Tursunov had only one functioning arm and probably wouldn't be able to play. But come day 1 or 2 of the Suicide Pool, he was still in the draw... I thought I was being really sneaky and smart by picking AGAINST Dimitry in the Suicide Pool. I was so proud of myself for being so well informed.

LMAO!! :)

mmmm8
12-31-2009, 08:50 AM

That was all my fault. But he DID play on an injured arm for four months :mad:

dryrunguy
12-31-2009, 08:54 AM
That was all my fault. But he DID play on an injured arm for four months :mad:

The first step to recovery is to accept responsibility, M8. Thank you for trying to make amends.

Alternate post: I'll never forgive you. ;)

mmmm8
12-31-2009, 08:57 AM
The first step to recovery is to accept responsibility, M8. Thank you for trying to make amends.

Alternate post: I'll never forgive you. ;)

Please accept my repentance, Dry, I can't live with this sin on my head.

Alternate post: please go choke on your medals.

;)

dryrunguy
12-31-2009, 09:04 AM

;)

:hyst:

missinandre
12-31-2009, 10:56 AM

;)

:hyst::hyst:

Kirkus
12-31-2009, 11:30 PM
If you trade a player away, it's OK to put them back on your team at a later date?

patrick
01-01-2010, 04:46 AM
If you trade a player away, it's OK to put them back on your team at a later date?

:yes:

nelslus
01-01-2010, 09:58 AM
(Cannot believe that I am asking a question AND getting involved in all of this the first day of the new year......:mad:)

Once all teams are locked in, and the first tournament has begun- do we still have to be sure that, with trades, our teams do not match anyone else's team?

dryrunguy
01-01-2010, 10:01 AM
(Cannot believe that I am asking a question AND getting involved in all of this the first day of the new year......:mad:)

Once all teams are locked in, and the first tournament has begun- do we still have to be sure that, with trades, our teams do not match anyone else's team?

I think that would be too cumbersome for folks, nelslus. We are monitoring everyone's initial entries (though ultimate responsibility for adhering to this rule still rests the participant), but after that, the best we can do is ask people to participate in a manner that is consistent with the true spirit of TAT's contests, meaning that the competition is truly an individual vs. individual competition.