PDA

View Full Version : AMitS IV: The Melbourne Lake Lounge

dryrunguy
12-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Discuss. Sing. Dance. Request a cocktail from the AMITS bartender. This is the place for all things AMITS! Keep it hoppin', folks!

waylandboy-tw
12-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Heading into the first 2010 fantasy tennis contest, here are a few trends I’ve noticed from past contests I expect to continue:

All 12 players on Patrick’s team will be playing the first week. Others may follow this strategy as well, but this is a guarantee.

Peterskan may enter a team, and if he does he will say when he posts it “I probably won’t make any trades” and will disappear to the arcade until he rolls everyone again in the YCWJ.

Dry will say each week, “I don’t know why I’m even in these contests, what’s the point”. Meanwhile he will curiously be ascending in the standings on his way to the medal stand. Of course he could make an illegal trade and pull the plug at anytime too!

Madame will go heavy on the francs, Moose on German men and Belgian women, and e11even will have his share of the Spainards.

Ptmcmahon will post at least once that “He should have stuck with his original thinking” and that he will “now have to take some chances”.

Miles will post his team in the final hour (minutes) after careful study of everyone else’s team and surely win yet another medal. Of course TATi version 2.0 is the only hope for the rest of us in the future if it becomes the tool of choice for fantasy tennis contests.

Good luck everyone and looking forward to a great 2010 with all of you!

mmmm8
12-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Heading into the first 2010 fantasy tennis contest, here are a few trends I’ve noticed from past contests I expect to continue:

All 12 players on Patrick’s team will be playing the first week. Others may follow this strategy as well, but this is a guarantee.

Peterskan may enter a team, and if he does he will say when he posts it “I probably won’t make any trades” and will disappear to the arcade until he rolls everyone again in the YCWJ.

Dry will say each week, “I don’t know why I’m even in these contests, what’s the point”. Meanwhile he will curiously be ascending in the standings on his way to the medal stand. Of course he could make an illegal trade and pull the plug at anytime too!

Madame will go heavy on the francs, Moose on German men and Belgian women, and e11even will have his share of the Spainards.

Ptmcmahon will post at least once that “He should have stuck with his original thinking” and that he will “now have to take some chances”.

Miles will post his team in the final hour (minutes) after careful study of everyone else’s team and surely win yet another medal. Of course TATi version 2.0 is the only hope for the rest of us in the future if it becomes the tool of choice for fantasy tennis contests.

:thumbsup:

luvs10s
12-30-2009, 08:58 PM

rofl *snort*

OMG the funniest thing I've read in ages. Thanks waylandboy!

Kirkus
12-30-2009, 09:01 PM
rofl *snort*

OMG the funniest thing I've read in ages. Thanks waylandboy!

LOL. You snorted!

dryrunguy
12-30-2009, 09:06 PM
:hyst::hyst::hyst:

We're off to a great start!

Drop-shot
12-31-2009, 05:49 AM

I'm unpredictable, yay! :cheesy:

patrick
12-31-2009, 06:04 AM

You know what happens if you assume a guarantee. :ponder:

Overall, this was a good post. :hyst:

Moose
12-31-2009, 06:11 AM

Depending on your time zone, this is Post of The Year for 2009 or 2010.

winston
12-31-2009, 09:51 AM
waylandboy, you are too much! Love it.:overhead_clap::overhead_clap::overhead_clap:

Omegadoom
12-31-2009, 10:51 AM
:hyst: Funny post buddy!

ptmcmahon
12-31-2009, 10:57 PM

I had a clever response, but am deciding not to go with it! Now I'm going to have to go take Andre Agassi for my team since no one else has him...my only chance.

ptmcmahon
01-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Darn Sydney site not working for me...is it just me or didn't it go up and down a lot last year too? Oh well, I guess I'll just pick without for now :) That's what trades are for right?

waylandboy-tw
01-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Unofficially I count 28 teams for the contest. The breakdown on players is as follows:

A
Federer-27
Serena- 20
Nadal- 17
Soderling- 13
Roddick- 10
Davydenko- 9
Dementieva- 5
Wozniacki- 3
Djokovic- 2
Murray- 2
Kuznetsova, Venus, Azarenka, Tsonga- 1

B
Clijsters- 25
Pennetta- 17
Monfils- 9
Li- 7
Cilic- 7
Stepanek- 3
Querrey- 3
Stosur- 2
Sharapova- 2
Ivanovic- 2
Hewitt- 2
Gonzalez, Youzhny, Berdych, Schiavone, Wickmayer- 1

C
Peer- 10
AMG- 9
Wozniak- 6
Baghdatis- 6
Kohlschreiber- 5
Chardy- 4
Cibulkova- 3
Kleybanova- 3
Szavay- 2
Troicki- 2
Montanes, Isner, Karlovic, KBond, Cirstea, Oudin-1

D
Dokic- 20
Gasquet- 10
Mirza- 6
Chakvetadze- 3
Fish- 3
Bammer- 2
Chiudinelli- 2
O. Rochus, Nalbandian, Shvedova, Dulgheru, Bacsinszky, Kvitova, Hercog, Date Krumm, URadwanska, Groenefeld- 1

E
Gulbis- 13
Dent- 4
Craybas- 2
Ram- 2
Petzchner- 2
Niemenen- 2
King, Flipkens, Rodina- 1

Good luck!

dryrunguy
01-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Ernests is never going to be able to win two ATP-level matches in a row if y'all keep putting him on your fantasy tennis teams! :mad:

shtexas
01-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Ernests is never going to be able to win two ATP-level matches in a row if y'all keep putting him on your fantasy tennis teams! :mad:

I agree.

And, yet, I chose him. :p

winston
01-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Tis frustrating seeing 2 of my players face off in the first round.:(

ptmcmahon
01-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Wow...I was the only one to pick the #4 seed at the highest scoring tournament this week? Not that I'm THAT sold on him doing well, but still surpises me.

dryrunguy
01-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Okay. So I guess picking Chaks wasn't such a great idea after all.

Either that, or she's reverting back to where she was about 3 years ago when being down 0-4 or 0-5 in a set was a GOOD thing... Because she always came back to win.

But I'm not counting on that...

Omegadoom
01-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Okay. So I guess picking Chaks wasn't such a great idea after all.

Either that, or she's reverting back to where she was about 3 years ago when being down 0-4 or 0-5 in a set was a GOOD thing... Because she always came back to win.

But I'm not counting on that...

Dry, if this jinx you're attempting works, Luvs is not gonna be too happy with you! ;)

dryrunguy
01-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Dry, if this jinx you're attempting works, Luvs is not gonna be too happy with you! ;)

It's all turning around! Kimiko let Chaks win two of the last five games! :cheesy:

Omegadoom
01-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Chardy.....you better start playing or :bat:

Perhaps I should try to implement the jinx strategy. ;)

nelslus
01-03-2010, 09:33 PM
It's all turning around! Kimiko let Chaks win two of the last five games! :cheesy:

Apparently in the off season Chakvetadze has been studying Venus' How to Handle Breakpoints. :cheesy:

Omegadoom
01-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Chardy.....you better start playing or :bat:

Perhaps I should try to implement the jinx strategy. ;)

Down a break already in the second set! :mad:

Dont look like the threats or the jinx strategy will work on this bum. :rolleyes:

ptmcmahon
01-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Wow...I was the only one to pick the #4 seed at the highest scoring tournament this week? Not that I'm THAT sold on him doing well, but still surpises me.

I'm trying to figure out if his match had started yet or not before I jinxed him...what a waste of a pick. Unfortunately since I have no A women, my trades will be mostly to get then so I won't be dumping any non A guys :mad:

ptmcmahon
01-04-2010, 05:56 PM
So far 4 of my 7 players have lost their first match...including one who only won two games!

My 8th is on court tied 3-3 in the third set against superstar Stefanie Vogele right now...:rolleyes:

patrick
01-04-2010, 06:28 PM
So far 4 of my 7 players have lost their first match...including one who only won two games!

My 8th is on court tied 3-3 in the third set against superstar Stefanie Vogele right now...:rolleyes:

Your 8th won 7-5 in final set.

nelslus
01-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Both "Na Li" and "Li Na" translated into English= "useless." :cheesy:

ptmcmahon
01-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Your 8th won 7-5 in final set.

Saving it for next round maybe?

Funny that my 4 people who haven't played yet are all my 4 A guys.

Drop-shot
01-05-2010, 05:29 AM
I sense an avalanche of Soderling trades.

patrick
01-05-2010, 06:29 AM
I sense an avalanche of Soderling trades.

:yes:

ptmcmahon
01-05-2010, 07:38 AM
I always intended to anyways (I didn't take any "A" women)...this just strengthens the resolve. Make that 5 of 9 losing first match so far...well done team!

mmmm8
01-05-2010, 10:13 AM
I have to admit that not playing this contest, but having seen all the picks, I laughed really hard when I saw Soderling lost

dryrunguy
01-05-2010, 10:15 AM
I have to admit that not playing this contest, but having seen all the picks, I laughed really hard when I saw Soderling lost
I never really liked you.

mmmm8
01-05-2010, 10:18 AM

I laughed when I saw Dent lost, too :cheesy:

dryrunguy
01-05-2010, 10:27 AM
You are pure evil.

missinandre
01-05-2010, 12:59 PM

You are pure evil.

I was shocked when I saw these results. But I'm laughing now :)

ptmcmahon
01-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Koyla :)

missinandre
01-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Koyla :)

I have a very quiet respect for Nikolay. It seems to grow stronger all the time.

Do you think...he has a chance to get into the top 4 ...maybe even top three?

B/C he is certainly competing like a top three player!!

mmmm8
01-08-2010, 07:56 PM
I have a very quiet respect for Nikolay. It seems to grow stronger all the time.

Do you think...he has a chance to get into the top 4 ...maybe even top three?

B/C he is certainly competing like a top three player!!

He's already been at #3 before Djokovic came up

waylandboy-tw
01-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Congrats to the 5 people who had both Nadal and Davydenko for max finals points in Doha.

Adding to my list of other trends to be aware of:

I'm proud to announce that we're less than 48 away from the seal being broken on 2010 as Patrick gleefully reports our first player withdrawls shortly after the trade deadline passes:)

Good luck everyone with your trades!

dryrunguy
01-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Congrats to the 5 people who had both Nadal and Davydenko for max finals points in Doha.

Adding to my list of other trends to be aware of:

I'm proud to announce that we're less than 48 away from the seal being broken on 2010 as Patrick gleefully reports our first player withdrawls shortly after the trade deadline passes:)

Good luck everyone with your trades!

Indeed! :hyst:

I feel like I'm actually doing okay, not that anyone in category C or lower did a doggoned thing for me... Though I'm sure I won't feel okay after the Week 1 scores are posted.

missinandre
01-08-2010, 10:08 PM
He's already been at #3 before Djokovic came up

Granted...but he's (Nikolay) had issues and seems to have taken care of many of them as well as....improving his game. I don't consider Djokovic a "better" player than Nikolay and I really want to see if Nikolay can be a factor for the top three. I'll be happy with top 5...but I really think he can do top three and I think he has a great chance to win a slam this year too.

ptmcmahon
01-09-2010, 06:20 PM

2010 is off to a completely different start for me Wayland boy! I actually went away from my original thinking but went back to it for a change! I originally was trading out Rafa...then after the first set today I switched it to trading out Koyla. Later though I went back to my original thinking and kept Koyla...let's see if it finally works for me - went with my gut, not my head (although my head says it's pretty 50-50.)

And since I used all my trades in week 1 and think I did pretty good this week I actually didn't "take any chances."

I'll make sure to revert next contest :)

ptmcmahon
01-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Weird....Saturday night and I already have winners from "next week's" tournaments

Kirkus
01-10-2010, 12:43 AM
I will win a medal this year. If I don't, I'm giving myself one anyway.

Drop-shot
01-10-2010, 06:39 AM

:hyst:

If I'm rooting for a single person to win, that's you.

ptmcmahon
01-10-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm rooting for Kirkus not to win to see if he gives himself a medal :)

Moose
01-10-2010, 11:12 AM

We took up a collection. Sorry, we didn't raise enough for engraving, but that doesn't mean we love you any less.

http://www.free-stockphotos.com/images/medal-symbol.jpg

nelslus
01-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Kirkus. The Charlie Brown of TAT.

:cheesy:

ptmcmahon
01-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Trade 1: Soderling OUT, Serena IN
Trade 2: Nadal OUT, Dementieva IN
Trade 3: Kleybanova OUT, Isner IN
Trade 4: Bammer OUT, Gasquet IN

At the risk of jinxing them...pretty happy so far with the people I traded into the team this week.

ptmcmahon
01-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Terrible AO draw for me. The big one is deciding to keep Fed and Koyla...and them getting drawn into the same quarter! Ugh. Also have both of Gasquet and Youzhny who meet in round 1, and Wozniak drew...Wozniacki :) Plus 4 of my women are in the tricky looking quarter - watch Henin knock em all out!

Miles
01-15-2010, 11:13 AM
At the risk of jinxing them...pretty happy so far with the people I traded into the team this week.

Terrible AO draw for me. The big one is deciding to keep Fed and Koyla...and them getting drawn into the same quarter! Ugh. Also have both of Gasquet and Youzhny who meet in round 1, and Wozniak drew...Wozniacki :) Plus 4 of my women are in the tricky looking quarter - watch Henin knock em all out!

Well, you said it yourself.

ptmcmahon
01-15-2010, 01:52 PM
I was only worried about jinxing them for this week!

ptmcmahon
01-15-2010, 10:21 PM
I am a Gasquet win tonight away from one of the best set of trades ever....especially with Elena winning instead of Serena...and I think only two-three of us have Isner. I better be very close to the top of the scoreboard after this week! (with my AO draw luck, I'll need it!)

mmmm8
01-15-2010, 11:19 PM
I am a Gasquet win tonight away from one of the best set of trades ever....especially with Elena winning instead of Serena...and I think only two-three of us have Isner. I better be very close to the top of the scoreboard after this week! (with my AO draw luck, I'll need it!)

You are doing well even before the Sydney final starts. But AMitS master drop-shot is as well, and he's one of only two people with both Gasquet and Baghdatis (who would have thought that was brilliant three days ago)

ptmcmahon
01-15-2010, 11:32 PM
I'll be happy with second place....as long as we're both way ahead of the rest ;)

Omegadoom
01-16-2010, 12:07 AM
I'll be happy with second place....as long as we're both way ahead of the rest ;)

With Miles lurking in the contest , no lead is ever safe! ;)

patrick
01-16-2010, 04:39 AM
With Miles lurking in the contest , no lead is ever safe! ;)

:yes:

Drop-shot
01-17-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm SO happy I used a trade on Sharapova :gun:

First omens point to the bestest AO ever!!! :cheesy:

dryrunguy
01-17-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm SO happy I used a trade on Sharapova :gun:

First omens point to the bestest AO ever!!! :cheesy:

You're running it. You KNEW you couldn't win.

Drop-shot
01-17-2010, 08:02 PM
You're running it. You KNEW you couldn't win.

Oh be quiet ya' trollop.

;)

waylandboy-tw
01-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Here is a quick write-up on “A” players that have been picked plus Clijsters going into AO.

As you’ll notice, any success by Federer, Serena, and Clijsters are a wash for any movement in the standings. Still a ton of points remaining so the opportunity for some to come from way back is very possible. Good luck!

Federer- 25, top 15 have him
Clijsters- 25, top 12 have her
Serena- 23, top 14 have her
Nadal- 15, top 3 do not have, but 4-11 all do.
Djokovic- 10, top 2 do have, plus three others in top 8.
Murray- 4, numbers 14-16 and 18.
Del Potro- 3, highest is currently 13th.
Wozniacki- 5, highest is currently 13th.
Davydenko- 5, including #’s 1, 3 and 5.
Dementieva- 6, including #’s 2,3, 6.
Roddick- 7, including 9-12.
Soderling- 2, highest is 18
Venus- 3, highest is #12
Kuznetsova- 2, highest is #14
Azarenka- 1, #22
Tsonga- 1, #23.

ptmcmahon
01-18-2010, 07:33 PM
#3 does not have Nadal and has Davydenko instead...but due to the draw probably wishes he had Nadal instead :)

winston
01-18-2010, 08:23 PM
I decided that I did so poorly with my original picks and one trade, I'd just forget about trades 2-4. So now we start out with wins from both Stosur and Neiminin. I should be so lucky for that trend to continue.

waylandboy-tw
01-18-2010, 09:09 PM
#3 does not have Nadal and has Davydenko instead...but due to the draw probably wishes he had Nadal instead :)

You're right, sorry about that:o

ptmcmahon
01-18-2010, 11:10 PM
It's ok, i actually re-did that trade twice so you probably saw when I had rafa still on the team!

dryrunguy
01-19-2010, 01:05 AM
Best trade I've ever wasted. :)

Probably should have spent it on Robredo, except I couldn't find another loser to waste it on. :o

waylandboy-tw
01-19-2010, 08:26 AM
I decided that I did so poorly with my original picks and one trade, I'd just forget about trades 2-4. So now we start out with wins from both Stosur and Neiminin. I should be so lucky for that trend to continue.

Winston, you're off to a great start this week. If Peer wins, you'll have gotten 10 of your 12 through the first round which is best so far.

winston
01-19-2010, 09:48 AM
Winston, you're off to a great start this week. If Peer wins, you'll have gotten 10 of your 12 through the first round which is best so far.

Hey thanks, wayland. I've been too scared to check. You just brightened up my day considerably.:)

ptmcmahon
01-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Hmmm...I could get 9 with a Wozniak upset :)

Me thinks my only real chance will be a Davydenko win...or a miracle deep run by Youzhny or Isner (that said I think both will be r16 at least.)

waylandboy-tw
01-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Prior to the start of the quarterfinals it appears the top 2 spots remain unchanged for now, but other jostling in the standings has taken place. Still a number of scenarios could affect all three of the top positions.

Below is an UNOFFICIAL score update of the top ten scores and remaining players.

A:Federer, Davydenko Serena, Djokovic
B:Cilic,

A: Federer, Serena, Djokovic
B: Cilic

A.Federer Nadal Serena Djokovic
BCilic

A - Federer, Nadal, Roddick, Serena
B - Cilic

A: Federer, Nadal, Serena Djokovic

A :Federer Nadal Serena Djokovic

AFederer, Nadal, Davydenko, S Williams

A: Federer, Roddick Serena Venus

A: Federer, Davydenko Serena

A: Federer, Nadal, Roddick, Serena

dryrunguy
01-25-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm really bummed that Robredo and Bartoli didn't make the semis like they were SUPPOSED to... :(

ptmcmahon
01-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Just like I'm bummed I didn't get my Isner - Youzhny final :)

Anyways, looks like I've dropped so far even a Davydenko title probably won't do it! Not sure why I didn't take Cilic since I've been high on him the last month..oh well, fun to have been in contention at least (and with no AO trades!)