PDA

View Full Version : Tennisrecords : facts and stats.

Jelisabeta
02-24-2006, 08:16 AM
Some of us do like them, you know. ::)

Please, feel free to add, correct or even 'spread the word'. I ought to say 'thank you' to Frederik Vermeire, he published this on a Belgian board (Tennisinfo.be) and I've taken the liberty of translating it for TAT.

It's far from complete, but there are still some interesting things to discover. Well, that was my experience anyway.

Have fun :P

[smiley=TATrocks.gif]

Fastest serve ever by a man

Andy Roddick : 239 km/h

Fastest serve ever by a woman

Venus Williams : 205 km/h

Longest match ever played

*Boris Becker who defeated John McEnroe in a Daviscupmeeting July 24th 1987. The score : 4-6 15-13 8-10 6-2 6-2 in 6 hours and 39 minutes. :-/

*Roland Garros 2004 : Fabrice Santoro beats Arnaud Clément in 5 sets : 4-6 3-6 7-6 6-3 16-14 in 6 hours and 33 minutes.

*The longest match ever played, before these two, was a 2-setter (believe it or not). Vickie Nelson Dunbar and Jean Hepner, both Americans, played each other in the 80ies in Virginia. Dunbar won with 6-4 7-6 but the highlight ([smiley=nutso.gif]) of that match was a rally that lasted for 29 minutes (643 hits were counted).

Most games in one match

1967 : a doubles-match between Dick Leach-Dick Dell and Len Schloss-Tom Mozur in Rhode Island : 3-6 49-47 22-20

Longest point ever played

Collette Cavanaugh-Cari Hagey (two 12 year olds) : 59 minutes!! Hagey won the point but lost the match. Talking of a painful experience!!

Longest tie-break

Dunbar-Harper : 107 minutes (13-11)

Most aces during one match

1. Richard Krajicek : 49 against Y. Kafelnikov (US Open) -> best of 5 (Krajicek lost)
2. Gustavo Kuerten : 47 against D. Nestor in the Davis Cup -> best of 5 (Kuerten lost)
3. Goran Ivanisevic : 46 against M. Norman in Wimbledon -> best of 5 (Ivanisevic lost)
4. Mark Philippoussis : 46 against A. Agassi in Wimbledon -> best of 5 (Phil. Won)
5. Mark Philippoussis : 44 against W. Black in Kuala Lumpur -> best of 3 (Phil. Won)

Most aces in a match without double faults

1. Marat Safin : 31 (AO, 2004)
2. Alex Radulescu : 27 (Wimbledon, 1996)
3. Ivan Ljubicic : 27 (Basel, 2003)
4. Richard Krajicek : 25 (Stuttgart, 1995)
5. Kenneth Carlsen : 23 (Stockholm, 2003)

Players to win a Grand Slam

Men :
André Agassi
Don Budge
Roy Emerson
Rod Laver
Fred Perry

Women :
Maureen Connolly (in one calendar year)
Margaret Court (in one calendar year)
Steffi Graf 2x (1 real GS, 1 Serena-slam)
Martina Navratilova : 2x
Serena Williams
Doris Hart
Shirley Fry
Billie Jean King
Chris Evert

Oldest woman to ever win a title

Billie Jean King at the age of 39, 7 months and 23 days (Birmingham, 1983)

Youngest woman (girl) to ever win a title

Tracy Austin at 14 and 7 days (Portland, 1977)

Slam winners holding the lowest ranking

1. Mark Edmondson, 212 (AO, 1976)
2. Goran Ivanisevic, 128 (Wimbledon, 2001)
3. Gustavo Kuerten, 66 (Roland Garros, 1997)

neka
02-24-2006, 09:13 AM

Men :
André Agassi
Don Budge
Roy Emerson
Rod Laver
Fred Perry

Are you re-writing History ? Agassi...Grand Slam? When the hell did that happen? Or are you talking about an "Andre-slam" just as someone else talked about her "serena-slam" ?

Jelisabeta
02-24-2006, 09:46 AM

Men :
André Agassi
Don Budge
Roy Emerson
Rod Laver
Fred Perry

Are you re-writing History ? Agassi...Grand Slam? When the hell did that happen? Or are you talking about an "Andre-slam" just as someone else talked about her "serena-slam" ?

Can you please act a little less agressive? As I wrote in this thread I read this on a Belgian website. I merely translated it. I also said things could be corrected if they were wrong. No need to jump on your high horse, Neka.

neka
02-24-2006, 10:30 AM

Men :
André Agassi
Don Budge
Roy Emerson
Rod Laver
Fred Perry

Can you please act a little less agressive? As I wrote in this thread I read this on a Belgian website. I merely translated it. I also said things could be corrected if they were wrong. No need to jump on your high horse, Neka.

My dislike for AA shows huh? I did not mean to be aggressive towards you, but I dislike AA since the day he appeared in that ridiculous outfit at Roland Garros and the day he beat Boris Becker at Wimbledon. And my horse is not high, we have a strict drug-free policy. No need to insult it! ;D

neka
02-24-2006, 10:32 AM
I also said things could be corrected if they were wrong.

Sorry, but that's just sloppy. It's like writing a history book and not checking on your facts.

Jelisabeta
02-24-2006, 11:16 AM

Sorry, but that's just sloppy. It's like writing a history book and not checking on your facts.

It are often the sloppiest among us who make remarks like these. ;D 8-)

neka
02-24-2006, 12:42 PM

Excuse me, but take a look at my avatar again; You'd think I know what slopiness is.

Jelisabeta
02-24-2006, 01:11 PM

Excuse me, but take a look at my avatar again; You'd think I know what slopiness is.

[smiley=moon.gif]

neka
02-24-2006, 04:55 PM

[smiley=moon.gif]

Nice a*s !

Jelisabeta
02-25-2006, 01:56 PM

[smiley=moon.gif]

Nice a*s !

You can actually type ASS here, without limitation!
No need to use the stars or the §§.

Let's kick some ass.
I could use some ass.
I'd love some ass.
I have an ass.

See!!

;D

Sebastien447
02-25-2006, 02:48 PM
I could use some ass.
I'd love some ass.

[smiley=moon.gif]

No need to thank me.

It's my job at TAT is to personally see to every member's need. :D

Jelisabeta
02-25-2006, 03:00 PM
I could use some ass.
I'd love some ass.

[smiley=moon.gif]

No need to thank me.

LMAO!! Come and get it in the chatroom, honey. Don't worry, I won't eat you alive!! :P

Sebastien447
02-25-2006, 03:12 PM
I could use some ass.
I'd love some ass.

[smiley=moon.gif]

No need to thank me.

LMAO!! Come and get it in the chatroom, honey. Don't worry, I won't eat you alive!! :P

um, that's what I'm waiting for!

in the chat room ...

that you have vacated!

Jelisabeta
02-25-2006, 03:33 PM
I could use some ass.
I'd love some ass.

[smiley=moon.gif]

No need to thank me.

um, that's what I'm waiting for!

in the chat room ...

that you have vacated!

Well, I'm back honey, waiting for you.... [Liz checks her make-up and makes sure no spit's left on her clothes...]

tennis4you
02-25-2006, 08:53 PM
I believe that Joachim Johansson hit 53 aces against Agassi in the US Open maybe 2 years ago? I thought it was a 4th round or Quarters. Agassi still won the match. Amazing...

Jelisabeta
02-26-2006, 04:08 AM
I believe that Joachim Johansson hit 53 aces against Agassi in the US Open maybe 2 years ago? I thought it was a 4th round or Quarters. Agassi still won the match. Amazing...

Thanks for this, Tennis4you!! ;)

tennis4you
02-26-2006, 06:14 AM
Anything for you. :)