PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

Sebastien447
01-09-2005, 08:08 AM
Kirkage said:

One more thing we have in common, Sebers. Leah and I haven't miss an episode since the first one aired. I have the first and third seasons on tape. Just my opinion... Kelly rocks, Fantasia rocks, Reuben sucks.

funny thing is ... We didn't watch one minute of the first season, we were completely oblivious to the show's existance!

hooked big time from episode one of season two though ... and I must confess that we like the beginning the best. The end drags a bit.

I thought Clay had an amazing voice ...
however, the Clay Aiken Christmas special was a bit more than I could stomach [smiley=vomit.gif]

Sebastien447
01-09-2005, 08:48 AM
Simon's little insults get old. But hes usually right.

I like him for that ... call it like it is!

And if you can increase your ratings in the process ...

go get the brass ring baby!

Kirkus
01-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Simon's a hoot! And rarely ever wrong. I see it as almost 2 different shows. The first month or so whittling it down to 10, then through the final is like a second show. I love it all!

I was dissapointed in Fantasia's CD. I called her as the winner the first night she sang as one of the final 10, and fell in love with from there. But her CD, IMHO is pretty bad. Not my style of music at all.

I notice Kelly Clarkson's 2nd CD is so much different (better, I think) than her first one. I imagine they have more say in song selection after the initial "I won American Idol" CD.

Love it! Love it! Love it! Can't wait! [smiley=overhead_clap.gif]

leah_jewel
01-10-2005, 08:23 AM
I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!! [smiley=woo_hoo.gif]

Can you tell?

American Idol makes me happy. I love to sing, though I'm only average, and it's fun to watch people who CAN sing. I'm blown away every season by the talent.

I like to live vicariously through them because I'll never be there.

And Clay rocks my socks. I'm going to marry him. I have goals damnit.

I'm done now.

Sebastien447
01-18-2005, 07:21 AM
They scheduled the tennis around American Idol!!!

Wooohoooo! [smiley=woo_hoo.gif]

Two hours of American Idol followed by three hours of tennis! Hey, I worked hard today ... time to become a blob! ;D

Doll_Face
01-18-2005, 09:30 AM
You raise me up

You raise me up

You raise me up

HELP

You raise me up

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

LMAO!

Sebastien447
01-18-2005, 10:25 AM
You raise me up

You raise me up

You raise me up

HELP

You raise me up

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

LMAO!

I just saw that one ... I still find it hard to believe that some of these people don't know how bad they are. I guess they just can't hear themselves

???

Doll_Face
01-18-2005, 11:14 AM
If Fishy keeps on cutting up, we're gonna get Mary Roach to visit him - lol. That woman was possessed :o

Aven, with his amber contacts and purple headband, looked like Calibus - gross. I thought he was gonna burst with them long notes.

The lady with the hick husband and cute little girl had a nice voice. I'm glad she made it. Can you believe she pawned her wedding rings?

What will tomorrow's show bring?

leah_jewel
01-18-2005, 11:35 AM
I just saw that one ... I still find it hard to believe that some of these people don't know how bad they are. I guess they just can't hear themselves

???

That's also the problem I have, Bastien. I just don't understand how some of those people actually think they sing well. It's mind-boggling, really.

I liked Constantine, the rocker guy. It'll be nteresting to see how he does in the next round.

And something about that Zisa guy.. forget his first name. His Dad's a mayor in NJ. Something about him made me smile.

Okay. That's my 2 cents.

leah_jewel
01-21-2005, 03:46 AM
How great was Carrie Underwood last night? The blonde Oklahoma girl who sang "I Can't Make You Love Me." She's already one of my favorites.

Sebastien447
01-21-2005, 06:58 AM
How great was Carrie Underwood last night? The blonde Oklahoma girl who sang "I Can't Make You Love Me." She's already one of my favorites.

It was on last night ?!!!

Son of a %#*** ... I didn't know that!

leah_jewel
01-21-2005, 08:06 AM
It was on last night ?!!!

Son of a %#*** ... I didn't know that!

Uh oh. No no no, Bastien, totally my fault. Wednesday. It was on Wednesday. Not last night. My bad. Sorry sorry sorry. Unless you missed Wednesday... in which case I can't apologize for that. I'm not psychic for crying out loud!

Or am I? ;)

leah_jewel
01-21-2005, 08:09 AM
When it gets down to the finalists.. I think they're having 24 this year... 12 guys and 12 girls. Anyways. When it getss to that point, we should do a contest for it. Like.. pick who you think is going to get voted off. Maybe? Possibly?

Just something to chew on.

*gnaws*

Kirkus
01-21-2005, 08:17 AM
When it gets down to the finalists.. I think they're having 24 this year... 12 guys and 12 girls. Anyways. When it getss to that point, we should do a contest for it. Like.. pick who you think is going to get voted off. Maybe? Possibly?

*gnaws*
That's actually a cool idea!

I also like cow-feeder-girl. So far she's my favorite.

Sebastien447
01-21-2005, 08:23 AM
When it getss to that point, we should do a contest for it. Like.. pick who you think is going to get voted off. Maybe? Possibly?

*gnaws*

Sounds fun ... I'm CoCo for CoCo Puffs! [smiley=woo_hoo.gif]

Sebastien447
02-02-2005, 07:54 AM
I thought the overweight dorky guy from last night was the best so far. Of course they mentioned "image problems," but his voice was too good to be denied.

Doll_Face
02-02-2005, 11:53 AM
Tonight, the cool guy from SF was kinda smooth. I'll be looking for him.

Did anyone see the mommy cutting up after her son got in? She hit the floor - LMAO!

I'm up for another contest :D

Kirkus
02-02-2005, 05:41 PM
I really liked the "crooner" with the hat on tonight. And the mom freakin' out and hittin' the floor was very cool.

American Idol Contest --------> [smiley=overhead_clap.gif]

Seems to me since it was leah's idea, she should put it together and run it (cuz I know she doesn't have enough to do).

Sebastien447
02-03-2005, 04:20 AM
I really liked the "crooner" with the hat on tonight.

This year's crooner didn't seem as talented as last year's ... personally, I like the crooners, but I don't think they have a chance to win the thing. It's a bygone era.

American Idol Contest -------->

Seems to me since it was leah's idea, she should put it together and run it (cuz I know she doesn't have enough to do).

I second that motion!

leah_jewel
02-03-2005, 06:34 AM
I really liked the "crooner" with the hat on tonight. And the mom freakin' out and hittin' the floor was very cool.

This year's crooner didn't seem as talented as last year's ... personally, I like the crooners, but I don't think they have a chance to win the thing. It's a bygone era.

I agree with both of you guys. I loved the hat crooner (HC for short) but I don't think that kind of sound will ever get the popularity that everyone's looking for on the show. Still will be fun to watch. And John Stevens, the crooner from last season, was really good when he was doing his thing. And when he sang 'Mandy'? Good stuff.

American Idol Contest --------> [smiley=overhead_clap.gif]

I second that motion!

I have stuff to do? Really? ??? Oh! All that stuff I keep forgetting to do. Hehe. :D

Sure, I'll do a conest thing. After next week when, I believe, they should be down to whomever the finalists are going to be, I'll make one up. :D :D :D

leah_jewel
02-17-2005, 03:46 AM
So what does everyone think about the top 24? Huh? Huh? Huh?

I'm going for Carrie Underwood, Constantine and Anthony Fedorov.. i think that's his name.. the blonde kid who wears glasses and sounds like Clay. (Aw.. Clay.. swoon!)

I think I'm going to wait 'til the final 12 to do the contest thing . Give all of us a chance to get to know the singers and everything. Sound good? Yes? No? Maybe?

I live for this show! So much so that I'm going to go to the web site now.

Doll_Face
02-17-2005, 03:56 AM
Saving the contest for the round of 12 sounds good. I missed the show last night, so I have to catch-up next week.

Thanks Leah

Sebastien447
02-17-2005, 07:34 AM
Final 12 for the contest, good idea ... I still don't have a feel for the contestants. Overall it seems a little down on talent compared to past years.

I like Constantine also ... other than him, I can't remember anyone by name ... very average bunch me thinks.

leah_jewel
02-21-2005, 01:07 PM
First off, I must repeat... I LOVE his show! [smiley=rockon.gif]

Second of all, I liked Bo Bice ("Drift Away") and the last guy whose name I can't remember now. The last guy had the best stage presence I thought. Constantine is still one of my faves, and I don't think I can like Anthony anymore because he reminds me of one of my exes which makes me wanna [smiley=vomit.gif]

Can't wait for the girls tomorrow!

Sebastien447
02-22-2005, 07:16 AM
I've changed my opinion ... after watching the men last night, I was very impressed with the overall quality. Many of them had some pretty poor song selection, but I thought 7 or 8 of them sounded damn good. I agree with you leah, Bo Bice was great! And surprisingly Constantine dropped the ball. I hope he makes it though ... I think he just had a bad night and chose a song that didn't work well for him.

Girls tonight leah! Wooohooo! [smiley=woo_hoo.gif]

Lone-star
02-22-2005, 08:32 AM
:D Bo Bice and Anwar (?) the music teacher with the long locks got my votes. I already like Carrie for the girls, will have to see how she does tonight.

Doll_Face
02-22-2005, 10:31 AM
The show was good, last night and tonight. Here's my thoughts:

Bo Bice was rocking it. He did a great job.

Constantine Maroulis played it too safe, but he should last for a few more weeks.

Anwar Robinson grooved with Moon River [smiley=overhead_clap.gif] and the dreads were 8) My Man!

Judd Harris should be the first to go!

========

Amanda Avila sang okay, but Simon's "I would like to come back as your mic" was off the wall. Simon is a trip.

Janay Castine was nervous - bad performance.

Carrie Underwood has a beautiful country voice. She's good.

Sarah Mather messed up The Temptations.

Nadia Turner - a rocker with an afro. She's cool, but she doesn't have range.

Celena Rae is pretty.

Mikalah Gordon with her goofy self can't sing - haha.

Lindsey Cardinale has a nice deep country voice, plus I liked her outfit.

Aloha Mischaeux was FUNKY [smiley=overhead_clap.gif] Work It Out Girl. I loved her. I hope she sings some Chaka Khan 8) If she doesn't overdue it, she'll be there in the end!

The singers are pretty good this year. I look forward to the upcoming weeks.

[smiley=rockon.gif]

leah_jewel
02-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Okies, my thoughts! (In case i haven't mentioned this before, I LIVE for this show. :D )

Janay and Mikalah sucked in my opinion. I think with Janay it was just nerves but.. I don't know. I do not care for Mikalah AT ALL. Not one itty bitty bit.

Aloha was good.. I guess.. but she really did nothing for me at all. Maybe I'll have a different opinion next week since I'm sure she'll still be with us.

Carrie and Jessica were my faves of the night. I liked Amanda until I heard those 2 and then I realized that Amanda wasn't nearly as good as those two. We'll see what happens.

I'll be interested to see if Nadia is as versatile as you need to be in this competition.. but I have a feeling she'll be around for awhile.

Can't wait to see who gets the ax!

Kirkus
02-22-2005, 02:47 PM
My my my but we are an opinionated bunch. I'm no exception!

Before continuing let me take this opportunity to echo Leah's sentiment...
AI rocks... I too live for this show! [smiley=overhead_clap.gif] [smiley=overhead_clap.gif] [smiley=overhead_clap.gif]

My opinions:
Cow-feeding-girl (Carrie) kicks ass. My favorite girl so far!
Skinny-afro-girl rocks!
Girl-named-for-an-Hawaiian-greeting also rocks!
16-year-old-Babs-Streisand-wannabe-girl sucks (too much attitude)
Dreadlock-music-teacher-boy kicks ass. My favorite guy so far... I mean, c'mon, who has the grapes to kick it off with "Moon River"?
Geek-boy-with-glasses is awesome.
Constantine was better than they gave him credit for last night.
Short-dreadlocks-boy was boring.
Rocker-Bo? I don't understand what everyone saw... I thought he sucked.
Jared Yates is gay.

Doll_Face
02-24-2005, 06:19 AM
The ones who were axed deserved it - lol. Jared, Judd, Melinda and Sarah. Can't wait til next week.

Jared is gay - hahaha. That was rough Kirki.

Sebastien447
02-25-2005, 10:12 AM
The attraction to Constantine is superficial.

Bo doesn't look so good ... but it's a voice contest after all, isn't it?

Kirkus
02-25-2005, 10:55 AM
The attraction to Constantine is superficial.

Bo doesn't look so good ... but it's a voice contest after all, isn't it?

Not vocal ability exclusively. The whole package, I think. Including personality, looks, marketability, etc.

Sebastien447
02-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Not vocal ability exclusively. The whole package, I think. Including personality, looks, marketability, etc.

You sound like Simon.

I think consumers are a smarter bunch than that.

The proof is in the pudding ... look at last year's finalists.

leah_jewel
02-25-2005, 12:48 PM
As far as the "criteria" goes.. yes, consumers are going to vote for a great voice, but I also think personality has a lot to do with it as well. If the viewers see one of the great singers being a jerk, then chances are they'll lose some points. Atleast that's how it is in my book. All the previous winners have had great personalities as well as voices.

I don't know if that warranted a post, but there it is anyway. :D

Sebastien447
02-25-2005, 10:53 PM
Any way.....if all the guys can sing then the choice has to be made on more than just voice. So then charisma and presentation and song choice enters in. Constantine is tall and thin with long hair....rather a Johnny Depp type minus the checkbones.

Don't get me wrong, I like Constantine and think he has a good voice despite his miserable performance last round. I just about threw up when he started kissing Randy's ass though.

What I'm saying is that this is a voice competition. I understand that there is a package to present, a contestant cannot look like a slob and succeed. However, as long as contestants put forth their best look, they can win this competition even if they don't match up physically. Because it's a voice competition first.

Just look at last year's finalists ... a wimp and a blimp! They succeeded because of their voice and did the best they could with their look.

Kirkus
02-26-2005, 09:26 AM
Just look at last year's finalists ... a wimp and a blimp! They succeeded because of their voice and did the best they could with their look.

Actually last season was Fantasia and DeGarmo. 2 seasons ago was Reuben and Clay. I'll never understand how Reuben won. Everything he sings sounds like the song just before it.

Sebastien447
02-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Actually last season was Fantasia and DeGarmo. 2 seasons ago was Reuben and Clay. I'll never understand how Reuben won. Everything he sings sounds like the song just before it.

right you are ... that was my first season for AI and it has stuck

Doll_Face
02-28-2005, 11:29 AM
I missed most of the show tonight, but I did catch:

Joseph (he did okay);

David (he sang Stevie's "All In Love Is Fair" and gave me chills - good job);

Constantine screamed his way out the competition;

Scott was grooving - I liked that ++;

Travis, with his Allan Houston looking self, picked Lionel Richie and danced too much. It was only okay.

I missed Nikko singing Marvin Gaye (shit), and Anwar. Oh well, I have to catch the ladies tomorrow.

leah_jewel
02-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Tonight Nikko rocked my socks. My favorite of the evening. My other favorites were Anwar and Anthony. Although, I'll be really happy next week if Anthony does somethning up beat and more modern. He's got the 80's songbook down, let's see what else he can do.

Judged on his song choices, I'd eally like to hear Anwar's album NOW. He just seems so.. earthy. I want him to perform barefoot next week.

Can't wait for the girls!

Doll_Face
03-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Mikalah's "God Bless The Child" was soulful. She had the best performance tonight. I hope she sticks with this style and stays away from the jokes and pranks. Very impressive performance [smiley=overhead_clap.gif]

Aloha didn't do Ms. Keyes well. I hope she lasts until next week. I want to hear her sing something from Chaka.

Jessica has a lovely country voice. She did well, but she couldn't hold the last note.

Nadia song was spirited, but she messed up the end.

Amanda, Simon's microphone girl, had a good performance.

Janay sang Blue Cattrell like she was frightened. Her voice is nice, but not as strong as Blue's. Nice boots!

Carrie could've done better, but I believe she has a fan base that will pull her through.

Vonzell sang one of my favorite songs "If I Ain't Got You" by Ms. Keyes. She started off okay, but got over anxious at the end. She looked really nice in her black and gold outfit.

Simon is a little harsh at times, but usually he is right on about the performances.

leah_jewel
03-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Carrie could've done better, but I believe she has a fan base that will pull her through.

That'd be me! :D I could listen to Carrie and Anwar sing the phonebook and be happy. They're my 2 faves.

I don't know what was up with me tonight, but I really just wasn't blown away by anyone. It was weird because I live for this show and nothing really did it for me. Oh well. Always next week.

leah_jewel
03-02-2005, 02:15 AM
Oh....Constantine should not have picked a Tom Jones song. Those songs only work for Tom. (Tom Jones is from my era.....I know all his songs) he he he

I think Constantine was covering the Black Crowes version of Hard to Handle.. he doesn't strike me as a Tom Jones fan. ;)

Doll_Face
03-02-2005, 11:02 AM
Yeah PJ,

I was surprised too, but she even said herself that she wasn't prepared - and it showed. Dang, I wanted to hear more from her.

Kirkus
03-02-2005, 11:06 AM
So many dittos. I really liked Aloha last week. She wasn't up to her game this week, but I wish she'd been given another week. Oh well.

I thought the 2 guys that went home were the right choices.

Lone-star
03-06-2005, 04:57 AM
:D I'll pick mine now - Anwar and Carrie the final two, and Anwar wins.

leah_jewel
03-07-2005, 01:12 PM
I think Constantine and Scott are going home. Constantine's voice isn't strong enough, and Scott doesn't have the personality. I would say Travis, but he's a mini Usher and I think has quite a fan base. Anwar rocked as usual. I wasn't in love with Bo, though I love the song, and I'm glad that Anthiony sang something upbeat for a change. I think he'll stick around a little longer.

I hope the girls impress me more than last week. As Randy says, it's time for them to "Bring it!"

Also, sometime this weekend, I'll probably post the AI contest stuff.. once i think of it. ::)

Doll_Face
03-07-2005, 10:52 PM
I can't believe Travis pulled that Bobby Brown crap. I was saying to myself "OH NO"! With all that dancing, the guy couldn't get his notes out. I think he's gone, along with Anthony. Despite what Randy and Paula thought, I don't think Anthony sang Marc Anthony well at all. The music didn't fit him and it seemed odd.

Scott "Big Boy Groover" is cool with me. I hope he gets another shot at it.

Bo is a Scorpio and he has a nice voice. [smiley=rockon.gif]

It took Nikko a little while to settle into "Georgia", but he rocked it at the end. Good for him, cause I like the guy. He he stops trying to be so "cool", he'll do alright.

Mario is a cutie pie and he sang that song. Go Mario with your sweet voice.

Constantine, Constantine ... You did better last night and I liked the Sting thang on you. Don't pay Simon any mind. I'm pulling for you (I'll start voting next week). Hang in there 8)

Anwar, Lord Have Mercy [smiley=overhead_clap.gif] Last night was the first time I stood up and shouted "YOU GO BOY" WOW. Talk about a bullet full force - he brought it last night. Beautiful, Beautiful renditon of "What A Wonderful World". I can't wait to see him LIVE [smiley=overhead_clap.gif]

Overall, the guys rocked it last night. They are much better than the ladies this year...

Okay ladies, let me hear what ya got!

Sebastien447
03-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Anwar was absolutely incredible! The men are strong this year but Anwar is in his own league.

In fact, why does a guy like Anwar even need this competition. People should be begging to sign this guy.

AI is his to lose.

Doll_Face
03-09-2005, 01:30 AM
Nadia sings with great emotion! She' a good performer, and a fan favorite. I think she looks like Spike Lee's sister. Cute and very tall.

Mikalah held back last night and didn't embrace Barbara's song. Bad idea for her, but she'll see next week.

Jessica is a great competitor and she has a strong voice. I agree with PJ - a makeover is in order.

Amanda sang Tina's "Rag Doll" well, but she kept tapping the mic. Did anyone else notice that? It drove me crazy!

Carrie is good, but she's gonna have to step it up, especially when they begin the theme night performances.

Vonzell is fun to watch, but she better watch her song selections. That cutsie shit is over - haha.

It's time for Janay to go - sorry.

The guys are so much better this year, and Anwar is my next American Idol.

leah_jewel
03-09-2005, 09:05 AM
I think it's going to be Janay and Mikalha voted off.

After Jessica performed I thought to myself, "THAT is what Caririe needs to do.' I was and still am a big fan of Carrie, but she needs to step it up and go for it and.. all other such analogies.

Nadia is my thrid favorite girl. She's just fun to watch and I love HER. Like, her whole persona, you know? Not just her voice, but just her. She is very, very good.

I like Jessica the way she is personally. No makeover needed in my opinion.

Let's see who gets the axe tonight!

Doll_Face
03-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Shoot, I missed it. Who got the axe?

leah_jewel
03-10-2005, 03:09 AM
It's more necessary to either so emotions or else to show a happy catchy song off and look lively.

That's exactly what I mean PJ! :) I don't think she needs to honky tonk either becuase I don't think that's her particular style of music. I just mean she needs to engage and connect with the audience. I'm a huge fan of her voice, but it's hard to get excited when all she does is sing the song well. There's a lot more to this competition, as we've discussed, then just singing well.

What Jessica did was show her personnality, she got the audience excited, she "performed" as opposed to just "sing."

Man, I got off on that tangent didn't I? ::)

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any songs Carrie should sing.. especially since starting next week they'll have themes. She just needs to let loose and let fly.

*steps off her soapbox*

leah_jewel
03-10-2005, 03:13 AM
And while I'm at this thread... :D

I was really bummed tha Nikko left. He was starting to become one of my favorites and I'm sad that he's gone.

The rest of them who left.. I think it all works for me. I'm afraid Travis killed himself off with the Bobby Brown.

Next week should be a lot of fun since both boys and girls are performing. I'm excited!

Doll_Face
03-11-2005, 01:46 AM
Aww, I'm sad to see Nikko go. I thought he had a great voice. Oh well.

I love the theme nights because it demonstrates their ability to sing other kinds of music. They should have a Stevie Wonder night.

Doll_Face
03-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Everyone bombs on Celine's songs. People randomly sing Stevie, but there hasn't been a Stevie Theme Night. I think that would be an exciting show.

Okay Class of 12 - The Doll will begin voting. Good luck everyone!

leah_jewel
03-12-2005, 05:51 AM
I've always enjoyed the swing/big band theme shows. It's kind of funny because aside from about 6 months in 1999, I don't think swing will eevr be all that popular, but it's nice to see how versatile the contestants are.

leah_jewel
03-15-2005, 12:39 PM
If they do another Diane Warren week I'll hang myself. She's a thorn in my side.

Tonight I was kinda disappointed. I think the best were Constantine surprisingly, Nadia obviously and Scott did alright with himself. I just wish he had a litle more personality.

Don't forget to make your pick for the AI contest!

*ends shameless plug*

Doll_Face
03-17-2005, 01:15 AM
I didn't feel well during the show, so I missed some of it, but Vonzell sang really well and she looked lovely. Did anyone see her father in the audience? Pimp daddy with the all white suit - lol. What the heck was that? LOL!

I wanted Anwar to do more, but he played it safe. His fans in East Orange, NJ are going crazy. The radio stations are asking for people who know him to call in and give the 411. They ALL said he's holding back and we haven't heard nothing yet - SCARY.

Bo needs to calm it down and let his voice take over. I didn't like that running all over the stage rocker crap.

Nadia is definitely up for the challenge. She doesn't have great range, but that girl can sing.

I was very disappointed in Mikalah. If she doesn't bounce back with something amazing, she's outta there.

Constantine is sweet and he finally performed up to his potential [smiley=overhead_clap.gif]

Nikko has to concentrate on his notes! He hit a few bad ones, but it's good to have him back.

Carrie - get out of that safebox and let it fly girl.

Scott is still grooving. Groove on with your bad self 8)

leah_jewel
03-17-2005, 01:42 AM
Anything I was going to say about this week...

Doll said it for me! Thanks Doll! :D

I'm not surprised at all that Lindsey went home last night. Now if Mikalah would leave, I'd be a happy camper.

That's interesting to hear about Anwar, Doll. I hope we haven't seen anything yet, because I really wanna hear what we've been missing.

I have no idea if that sentence made sense or not.

Yay for AI!

Doll_Face
03-17-2005, 01:48 AM
HAHA, I gotcha Leah. A lot of the callers were from his church. They said he really sings gospel well and he's only given us a smidgen of his gifts. Can you say ANTICIPATION [smiley=woo_hoo.gif]

Doll_Face
03-17-2005, 04:59 AM
Yes. Yes I can... A N T I C I P A T I O N
Can you say, "Git yer ass out the box, Anwar!?"

Certainly ... "Git yer ass out the box, Anwar!" :P

I hope he listens to us. We fans deserve it, damn it!

Lone-star
03-17-2005, 10:13 PM
I said weeks ago Anwar will win. Sticking to it. Just wish he would stop playing safe. And Carrie! What is with her? She has a great voice, and style, and appearance and she is just warbling along. Sing, girl, sing! ::)

Doll_Face
03-22-2005, 11:36 AM
I hated Constantine tonight - yuck! What the hell was he thinking? I couldn't get with Anthony either.

Bo's song was nice, but it was too dull.

This was the first bad night for Nadia. Her lack of range is finally showing.

Carrie and Jessica sang beautifully. They will be in it for the long haul.

I loved it when Scott threw his glasses. The big boy has spunk.

Vonzell sang a really hard song by The Emotions, and she did well, but she was straining on some notes.

Nikko had the best performance tonight
[smiley=overhead_clap.gif] You Go Boy!

Anwar sang my favorite dance song "Ain't Nobody", but he didn't bring it. I was dancing anyway cause my boy was looking good in those jeans. His dance steps reminded me of MAC - lol lol.

Bye-Bye Mikalah, you cracked one time too many.

leah_jewel
03-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Man Doll. You're reading my mind or something. Almost exactly like my opinions.

I agree, Constantine sucked. I really, really liked him at the start of this competition but not so much anymore.

Carrie kicked ass! I've been waiting for her to do somethiing like that. Step out of the box, take a risk and, as Randy would say, "Bring it!" She was my favorite of the night.

If you wanna know what else I thought, just read Doll's post above. :D

leah_jewel
03-23-2005, 03:42 AM
http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000847748

The above news story is about how Fox made a mistake last night and showed the wrong phone numbers, which means the vote was wrong, which means they're doing it all over tonight and the results will be on Thursday. I guess tonight they're going to show some footage of the contestants or something.

Kinda weird that something like this happened. I wonder if someone got fired...