PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED Women's Picks & Results Thread

beaujarkko
06-30-2009, 03:16 AM
Congratulations!

You have made it to what we affectionately call the "updated" or "second" P&R thread. No more looking through all those other, redded, losers fallen comrades to find your own pick. Nosirree. You, my friends, are special.

carlitos2006 : Dulko - Garbin - Razzano - Stosur - Azarenka - Wozniacki - Dementieva - Lisicki

cneblett : Azarenka - Jankovic - Cibulkova - Li - Dementieva - Safina - A. Radwanska - Lisicki

danutz : Dulko - K. Bondarenko - Razzano - Li - Hantuchova - Wozniacki - A. Radwanska - Dementieva - S. Williams - V. Williams

Earth-dragon : Cibulkova - Ivanovic - Sugiyama - Mauresmo - Petrova - Wozniacki - Azarenka - Safina - S. Williams - V. Williams

EricTW : Petrova - Benesova - Razzano - Pennetta - Hantuchova - Wozniacki - A. Radwanska - Safina - S. Williams - V. Williams

gauloises : Sharapova - K. Bondarenko - Sugiyama - Pennetta - Hantuchova - Wozniacki - Azarenka - Lisicki

johnnw45 : U. Radwanska - Li - Razzano - A. Radwanska - Dementieva - Wozniacki - Azarenka - Safina - V. Williams - S. Williams

krishna : Bacsinszky - Garbin - Sugiyama - Pennetta - Petrova - Wozniacki - A. Radwanska - Dementieva - S. Williams - V. Williams

leemur : Rezai - Mauresmo - Razzano - Stosur - Hantuchova - A. Radwanska - V. Williams - Dementieva - S. Williams - No Picks Remaining

lemons : Hantuchova - Stosur - Razzano - Pennetta - Azarenka - Wozniacki - A. Radwanska - Dementieva - V. Williams - S. Williams

mr_socko : Cibulkova - Jankovic - Azarenka - Mauresmo - Dementieva - Wozniacki - A. Radwanska - Safina - S. Williams - V. Williams

oploskoffie : U. Radwanska - Li - Razzano - Mauresmo - Azarenka - Wozniacki - A. Radwanska - Dementieva - V. Williams - S. Williams

slamdog : Pavlyuchenkova - Jankovic - Azarenka - Mauresmo - Dementieva - Safina - A. Radwanska - Lisicki

Snoo Foo : Hantuchova - Govortsova - Razzano - Pennetta - Petrova - Wozniacki - A. Radwanska - Dementieva - V. Williams - S. Williams

Tartlet : Hantuchova - Safina - Sugiyama - Flipkens - Dementieva - Wozniacki - A. Radwanska - Lisicki

thotchkin : Vesnina - K. Bondarenko - Sugiyama - Li - Petrova - Wozniacki - A. Radwanska - Dementieva - S. Williams - V. Williams

tour90 : Hantuchova - Benesova - Bartoli - Stosur - Dementieva - Wozniacki - A. Radwanska - Safina - S. Williams - V. Williams

beaujarkko
06-30-2009, 03:20 AM
We are down to 17 in the women's draw, and as of right now, we are guaranteed to lose at least five more, with people picking on both sides of the Lisicki/Safina match. The breakdown is:

7 Dementieva
5 Safina
5 Lisicki

I know that when we all started this contest, we were all saving Lisicki so that we could use her to make the semifinals, yes? Nice tournament, Sabine :)

danutz
06-30-2009, 03:49 AM
The only difference is that maybe some of us are still saving her to win the tournament :p

gauloises
06-30-2009, 03:56 AM
I just changed! I've gone from Demmy to Licky.

Sorry to be such a pain ...

beaujarkko
06-30-2009, 04:07 AM
I just changed! I've gone from Demmy to Licky.

Sorry to be such a pain ...

No problem at all. I was a little eager, anyway, since there was still time to change.

tennisbrp
06-30-2009, 07:43 AM
Congrats to all here. Special congrats to my friend slamdog who I forced to this....our fun filled site. Good job to get this far...to bad Lisicki did not hold it together and Dementieva and Safina were both used already. Maybe the US Open....

beaujarkko
07-02-2009, 05:17 AM
We have just 12 left and the breakdown is:

8 S. Williams
4 V. Williams

I don't think it's any surprise that we're pretty much all banking on a Williams/Williams final, but one person left has to hope against it, since they've used both sisters already and thus will run out of picks in this scenario.

Here are the numbers of victors in each finals scenario:

Serena over Venus - 4
Venus over Serena - 7

And the less-likely scenarios:

Serena over Safina - 0
Safina over Serena - 4

Venus over Dementieva - 0
Dementieva over Venus - 0

And the least likely set of scenarios:

Safina over Dementieva - 0
Dementieva over Safina - 0

So basically, in the very unlikely event Dementieva upsets Serena, no one can beat the draw.

oploskoffie
07-02-2009, 06:07 AM
Gosh. Are we halfway towards nobody beating the draw? :shocked: :(

Madame
07-02-2009, 06:28 AM
Go elena :cheesy:

krishna
07-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Yes! Serena wins and I live to pick another day. Close one . . .

ptmcmahon
07-02-2009, 08:56 PM
So 4 or 7 will beat the draw then? (Assuming they "make" their pick)

And we have one person out of picks?

lemons
07-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Is there going to be a tiebreaker system for those left in the SP final round?

Moose
07-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Is there going to be a tiebreaker system for those left in the SP final round?

No Lemons. Our only prize this time around is a medal, and all of you that win (and incidentally, beat the draw, as no matter who wins, we will have a small group that navigated the entire draw successfully) will be awarded a medal.

We're working on some prize for the USOSP, coming August 31, 2009.