PDA

View Full Version : The Wimbledon SP Losers Lounge Is OPEN For Business

Moose
06-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Sobered up from the French yet? Well, guess what? It's time to pick out a fresh stool, and brush up on your knowledge of fine British ales because the Wimbledon Loser's Lounge is open for business.

Wimbledon has traditionally proven to be the easiest of our four Slam SPs to beat, but that doesn't mean that this place won't be packed by Monday at 4 the end of the fortnight. We've had some truly memorable Wimby bandwagons over the years. After all, Wimbledon's been the Slam that made Alyona Bondarenko's reputation around these parts (well, that and perhaps the less than kind words her sister Katya scribbled on the men's room stalls after a night of drinking Pims and shooting darts with our board's founder, Kirkus). And who could ever forget the Gasquet/Roddick match that may have singlehandedly sent more people to the LL than any single match in SP history. Ah, fun times.

We've got our SP designated bartender Jessie serving up some of the finest libations. We've got Tatiana Golovin back to work the tables. We've got our infamous Jukebox From Hell (this go 'round it's the "strictly 80s edition of the Jukebox, so dig out those Kajagoogoo and Bananarama B-sides, everybody). And best of all, we've got you...our valued TAT regulars and visitors. You know, you who thought you knew tennis, but wind up here anyway.

Remember, you lose in one side of the game, you are "half-cheeked". You lose in both the men's and women's game, you are a "full cheeker" and doomed to contend with snark and regret for the remainder of the fortnight.

patrick
06-20-2009, 09:40 AM
"and who can ever forget the Gasquet/Roddick match that may have singly handedly sent more people to the LL than any single match in SP history."

Never forget that QF match as I was on a path to win medals in consecutive SPs but Roddick blew a 2 set lead by losing 2 consecutive tiebreaks then lost serve to lose the match in the 5th. Gasquet had 93 winners on that day(only to have Moose favorite player hit over 100 winners a few months later at Australian Open against Roddick).

oohsalmon
06-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Ooh, 80's theme!

I'll start with something British to set the mood...

RDOM_tf3Z4c

Moose
06-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Ooh, 80's theme!

I'll start with something British to set the mood...

What works best for wiping spit off a laptop screen? I'm in stitches here.

Moose
06-20-2009, 09:48 AM
This is for Salmon. One truly tacky, incredibly hysterical, poorly choreographed video deserves another:

d4O1A-mmBWw

beaujarkko
06-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Oh my god, when the "singers" in salmon's post moved in front of the mikes to start "dancing" with each other, I died. It was bad, yes, but it got worse.

Also, random aside: the green sweater reminds me of the flag of Zambia.

http://www.faqs.org/docs/factbook/flags/za-lgflag.gif

You don't even have to play the video to see the similarities! I don't know why I find this so hilarious; I just do.

luvs10s
06-20-2009, 10:11 AM
I loved Kajagoogoo - I remember buying the cassette for my tinny Sanyo tape deck - I thought I was so cool. blush

But you can't beat a little bit of this....

fMCO7Ro4tRI

Scotty
06-20-2009, 10:30 AM
OK, Moose. I see your hefty bag dresses and 80s hair, and raise you:

overused thought bubbles,
lame captions, and
"Ted! Oh Ted! Fighting off danger!"
s05jcrJw0as

Moose
06-20-2009, 10:33 AM
OK, Moose. I see your hefty bag dresses and 80s hair, and raise you:

overused thought bubbles,
lame captions, and
"Ted! Oh Ted! Fighting off danger!"

uh, oh...I think the next two weeks could get incredibly messy, music-wise.

nelslus
06-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Dearest Beau:

Rybarikova's one thing. But......Ivo Minar?!?!?!?!?

See ya soon. Sincerely, The Wimbledon SP Losers Lounge.

mmmm8
06-21-2009, 11:28 AM
I should have jumped on the Mardy Fish bandwagon, but I thought it would be badass to break the original cardinal rule of the SP (Stay away from the Fly).

I'm afraid Mahut and I may end up here much earlier than I'd like to. Might as well start a tab

suliso
06-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Garcia-Lopez and Dechy... How does that sound? Good enough for an early visit to losers lounge?

oohsalmon
06-21-2009, 04:11 PM
I cannot convince my dad to switch away from Cornet...ugh.

luvs10s
06-22-2009, 04:12 AM
Both my picks are on court now - this could over quick...or not!

mwoods
06-22-2009, 04:15 AM
Sobered up from the French yet? Well, guess what? It's time to pick out a fresh stool, and brush up on your knowledge of fine British ales because the Wimbledon Loser's Lounge is open for business.

But enough about Paul-Henri Mathieu...

oploskoffie
06-22-2009, 04:26 AM
Both my picks are on court now - this could over quick...or not!

Let's just stay optimistic and say you have every chance of achieving something or other :D ;)

(who did you pick??)

Moose
06-22-2009, 05:11 AM
They have been playing for barely an hour, and we are three games away from our first bloodbath. Did they dig up the sod and replace it with '09 RG clay?

igorwright
06-22-2009, 05:14 AM
New rule for the SP: Never pick a player you don't like!!! There's a reason you don't like him/her!! Stay away!

I should never ever have picked Hantuchova! Bad karma awaiting!

luvs10s
06-22-2009, 05:43 AM
(who did you pick??)

Kohlschreiber (who gave me a brief scare - but seems back on track now) and
Dulko who's made it through!

shtexas
06-22-2009, 06:19 AM
Blake, table for 11, is ready!

oohsalmon
06-22-2009, 06:21 AM
Feliciano was not supposed to make this interesting! I was supposed to arrive back on the SP scene after my hiatus and just start crushing fools! Boo!

greenhopper
06-22-2009, 06:58 AM
Bolelli ! :mad:
Stop messing around.
:tisk:

Madame
06-22-2009, 07:02 AM
oh my, Jie Zheng has just saved one of my cheeks, but barely, while Feliciano is making me suffer ....

............please, Beck, just drop dead ! :(

nelslus
06-22-2009, 07:08 AM
Dearest Beau:

Rybarikova's one thing. But......Ivo Minar?!?!?!?!?

See ya soon. Sincerely, The Wimbledon SP Losers Lounge.

AND Dearest Beau:

Karma once again is a b**ch. AND- to keep the clichés rollin' on here.....revenge IS a dish best served cold.

Sincerely- A Safarova Picker.

tinamarie
06-22-2009, 07:13 AM
yay, Urszula (I kind of love her, btw, and don't really know why:)) is through. Andreas Beck on the other hand is two sets down- what on earth was I thinking picking him??? Oh, that's right: Granollers has won ONE grass match his entire career and is ranked ~60 places behind Beck who had a pretty impressive run in Halle last year...:mad:

new suicide pool rule: never pick someone who looks like a 12 yrs old.

Jtdrum10
06-22-2009, 07:20 AM
I'm pretty sure this is the 3rd straight SP that I've been knocked out on Day 1 on the women's side.

mwoods
06-22-2009, 07:49 AM
INCOMING

nelslus
06-22-2009, 07:51 AM
AND Dearest Beau:

Karma once again is a b**ch. AND- to keep the clichés rollin' on here.....revenge IS a dish best served cold.

Sincerely- A Safarova Picker.

:yes:

tennisbrp
06-22-2009, 07:57 AM
Two successive pools with a first day loss on the women's side. And one more game and Feliciano can have me drinking before noon.

oohsalmon
06-22-2009, 08:00 AM
My first cheek landed literally within three seconds of my second cheek.

And I was supposed to win two medals! :cry:

Moose
06-22-2009, 08:02 AM
Wow, Feliciano. With Nadal out, I had you pegged as the Spaniard most likely to go deepest. This isn't a good omen for Feru and Hot Sauce.

tennisbrp
06-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Out entirely on Day 1. Now as usual, my other half is in the pool and I am out. Blows. Now I have Yahtzee to look forward to.

An order for Beef with Yorkshire pudding and a Samuel Smith Pale Ale and a song by the Verve

Snidely
06-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Jesus, I suck at picking the women's draw. I vow to only play the men's draw and just lustily stare at the female players...expect for Safarova - you get the death stare. Shots for me please...
:beer:

pkultgen
06-22-2009, 08:18 AM
This is my fifth suicide pool. In the first 3, I did respectably, even earning a medal! Apparently, my beginner's luck has now worn off. Silly me picking Safarova.

Moose
06-22-2009, 08:21 AM
how does one say "Dechy party. Your table of 9 is now ready" in French?

morct
06-22-2009, 08:22 AM
Jesus, I suck at picking the women's draw. I vow to only play the men's draw and just lustily stare at the female players...expect for Safarova - you get the death stare. Shots for me please...
:beer:

No probs.

http://z.about.com/d/cocktails/1/G/o/0/-/-/358392_tequila.jpg

Moose
06-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Stressing out over your SP picks?

FRANKIE
SAYS
RELAX!

yPLrXFw76Qg&feature=related

Vlad
06-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Screw you Lucie! :mad: :mad:

Vodka please!

morct
06-22-2009, 08:32 AM
Screw you Lucie! :mad: :mad:

Vodka please!

Take your pick.

http://www.google.ie/images?q=tbn:xbq4IxaMIYpLnM::www.resourceactionpro grams.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/1_absolut-vodka-quelle-pr_0.jpg

Jtdrum10
06-22-2009, 08:37 AM
I'll have shots with Vlad and Snidely

nelslus
06-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Gotta have my now-regular strawberry shake- with Lucie's head on a spear as a souvenir, please.

morct
06-22-2009, 08:49 AM
I'll have shots with Vlad and Snidely

Why not really cheer yourselves up with some vodka jello shots??

http://www.wikihow.com/images/thumb/f/fb/Jelloshots_169.jpg/180px-Jelloshots_169.jpg

dryrunguy
06-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Gotta have my now-regular strawberry shake- with Lucie's head on a spear as a souvenir, please.

What a lovely garnish... And since her head is hollow, it'll float quite nicely in the glass!

morct
06-22-2009, 08:51 AM

Enjoy!

http://www.google.ie/images?q=tbn:MhP3pEAuVvTSbM::upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f5/Spear_(PSF).png&h=49&w=200&usg=__CesKF5eXW8Umqpfv9RvT5_rBr_0=

http://media5.picsearch.com/is?4kMzxSUeB72SL6rJNtZuT7pq7YJn3hrxlh6_tLWI6ew

http://images.media-allrecipes.com/site/allrecipes/area/community/userphoto/small/193123.jpg

Snidely
06-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Why not really cheer yourselves up with some vodka jello shots??

http://www.wikihow.com/images/thumb/f/fb/Jelloshots_169.jpg/180px-Jelloshots_169.jpg

MMMM, jello shots...the start of many a drunken evening.

:drunk2: and then :sick:

MeganFernandez
06-22-2009, 08:55 AM
Blake, table for 11, is ready!

I just set it on fire using pages from Breaking Back as kindling.

greenhopper
06-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Bolelli ! :mad:
Stop messing around.
:tisk:

Forza Simone! One more set, pretty please?
I NEED to stop this trend of losing in the 1st round of SPs. I promise to NEVER pick you again if you win today.

elisat
06-22-2009, 09:11 AM
My countryman Feliciano asked me to pay a round of Sangria to all his pickers .... cheers!!! :drunk1:

Madame
06-22-2009, 10:37 AM
My countryman Feliciano asked me to pay a round of Sangria to all his pickers .... cheers!!! :drunk1:

thanks elisat :(
I wanted to pick Giquel but he's french ! :(

Dam*
maybe I could have picked Bennet ?

Jessie a bottle of Vodka please :mad:

hurricanejeanne
06-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Okay, if you're going to win a tournament (Stanford, last year), make the semis of another tournament(Eastbourne) only to lose to Schiavone on GRASS (who lost to a Britscrub here a few years back), you need to go home to Canada.

Sweet Jesus. Ugh, Wozniak is on my craplist.

Jay
06-22-2009, 10:49 AM

Dam*

Here ya go. Choose which one you think you'd like best. Or if you want, you can some of each one!
http://www.absolutads.com/mix/absolut_vodka_family_.jpg

mmmm8
06-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Okay, if you're going to win a tournament (Stanford, last year), make the semis of another tournament(Eastbourne) only to lose to Schiavone on GRASS (who lost to a Britscrub here a few years back), you need to go home to Canada.

Sweet Jesus. Ugh, Wozniak is on my craplist.

It's all just so I can see her second round with THE SCREECH!!!

I voluntarily put myself in a whole by picking against the Fly. May I have a hammer to the head, please? He's now 6 points away

suliso
06-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Dechy is washed up. :mad::mad::mad:

elisat
06-22-2009, 11:32 AM

Dam*

So sorry Madame. There's something really strong called orujo, if you want to celebrate with a spanish drink. Jessie, an orujo for Madame.

mmmm8
06-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Don't play with fire, kids. Vliegen 2 mmmm8 0

I'd like a bottle of Everclear poured down my throat, please

munchin
06-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Tamarine is already down a break. Some more of us may be joining y'all soon (and we'd have an official bloodbath).

dryrunguy
06-22-2009, 11:47 AM

Wait, first you picked him and got burned. Then you picked against him with the same matchup and got burned.

I've never seen a better case for leading one's "Do Not Pick/Do Not Pick Against" list than that...

mmmm8
06-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Wait, first you picked him and got burned. Then you picked against him with the same matchup and got burned.

I've never seen a better case for leading one's "Do Not Pick/Do Not Pick Against" list than that...

OMG, was it Mahut he played that dreadful year? :shocked:

Now, Tamarine. :mad:

dryrunguy
06-22-2009, 11:49 AM
OMG, was it Mahut he played that dreadful year? :shocked:

YES!

nelslus
06-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Enjoy!

http://www.google.ie/images?q=tbn:MhP3pEAuVvTSbM::upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f5/Spear_(PSF).png&h=49&w=200&usg=__CesKF5eXW8Umqpfv9RvT5_rBr_0=

http://media5.picsearch.com/is?4kMzxSUeB72SL6rJNtZuT7pq7YJn3hrxlh6_tLWI6ew

http://images.media-allrecipes.com/site/allrecipes/area/community/userphoto/small/193123.jpg

:notworthy:

morct
06-22-2009, 11:53 AM

Pour away. Looks like fun.:D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d2/EverclearHiRes.jpg/250px-EverclearHiRes.jpg

shtexas
06-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Another table for 11 for the Dancevic party.

nelslus
06-22-2009, 11:57 AM
Nelslus would like to share with everyone that, upon hearing of baby nelslus' first choice of Vesnina for the SP last night, nelslus proclaimed, why, baby nelslus, have you lost your MIND, for cryin' out loud, hot-shot Wickmayer just made the final of a grass tournament playin' great, and Vesnina is a head case with injury concerns. SO- baby nelslus goes with Rybarikova. And has Llodra for the men's SP. All with nelslus' blessing.

How'd that all work out?!?!? :cheesy:

Better skip the drink for now and find a couch SOMEWHERE to sleep on tonight. :cheesy::cheesy:

dryrunguy
06-22-2009, 11:57 AM

Never, EVER pick a player who won a tournament the week before a major!

Oh crap! I picked Tammy T! :eek::eek::eek:

morct
06-22-2009, 11:58 AM
I just picked Pennetta for tomorrow, even though she was the reason I landed in here so early in the FO. She couldn't let me down twice in a row right. :D

dryrunguy
06-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Nelslus would like to share with everyone that, upon hearing of baby nelslus' first choice of Vesnina for the SP last night, nelslus proclaimed, why, baby nelslus, have you lost your MIND, for cryin' out loud, hot-shot Wickmayer just made the final of a grass tournament playin' great, and Vesnina is a head case with injury concerns. SO- baby nelslus goes with Rybarikova. And has Llodra for the men's SP. All with nelslus' blessing.

How'd that all work out?!?!? :cheesy:

Better skip the drink for now and find a couch SOMEWHERE to sleep on tonight. :cheesy::cheesy:

Oh dear... A nookieless nelsus... Frightening.

nelslus
06-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Oh dear... A nookieless nelsus... Frightening.

AND IT'S NELSLUS, YOU SKANK!!!!! :cheesy: (Nelslus is still gonna get him some nookie hopefully with someone else still around at the same time. Let's not go crazy here. :cheesy::cheesy:)

nelslus
06-22-2009, 12:04 PM

Franky-boy didn't win. Still, the same rule should apply for finalists, too. (Thank you scrub silver medalist Mardy Fish for allowin' me to sneak by today just single-cheeked.)

Madoun
06-22-2009, 12:04 PM

I'm in !!
Well, I hesitated to take Gicquel, but like Madame I thought "Never pick a french" is the #1 rule. Now "don't change your mind" will be the #1 rule. At least if you lose you have less regrets...

Well, as he is canadian, I'll take a cocktail with maple sirup (does it exist ?)

morct
06-22-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm in !!
Well, I hesitated to take Gicquel, but like Madame I thought "Never pick a french" is the #1 rule. Now "don't change your mind" will be the #1 rule. At least if you lose you have less regrets...

Well, as he is canadian, I'll take a cocktail with maple sirup (does it exist ?)

Apparently so - sounds pretty disgusting though. :rolleyes:

Canadian Breakfast Martini

1/2 cup fresh blueberries
2-1/4 oz premium vodka
2 oz Ontario ice wine
juice of half a lime
1/2 oz maple syrup
fresh ice

Directions: Mash the fresh fruit in the bottom of a Boston shaker. Add the remaining ingredients and top with ice. Shake well and strain into a martini glass.

http://www.thatsthespirit.com/en/drinks/images/maple_syrup.jpg

patrick
06-22-2009, 12:08 PM

You know what it is making this worse. She is losing to a CLAY courter. Thought she was a safe pick considering that she did win Ordina Open last year and made the quarterfinals.

dryrunguy
06-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Franky-boy didn't win. Still, the same rule should apply for finalists, too. (Thank you scrub silver medalist Mardy Fish for allowin' me to sneak by today just single-cheeked.)

Ah yes... Canada's answer to Felithiano in fact did NOT win last week. So he should have been safe. That's a bummer.

You know what it is making this worse. She is losing to a CLAY courter. Thought she was a safe pick considering that she did win Ordina Open last year and made the quarterfinals.

Yeah, I worried I was using her too early (reminds me of my wedding night :rolleyes:).

suliso
06-22-2009, 12:16 PM

I think we've seen it happen zillion times before. 2nd or 3rd grade player wins or reaches the final of a warm-up tournament 1-2 weeks before the slam and proceeds to flame out in the 1st or 2nd round...

Doesn't always happen and top 20 players are usually exempt, but I wouldn't take any of them early on...

Madoun
06-22-2009, 12:20 PM
how does one say "Dechy party. Your table of 9 is now ready" in French?

You'd say "Le groupe de Dechy, votre table de neuf est prête !"
And you could add "Bon appêtit" or "Bonne beuverie" (=get drunk !)

Madoun
06-22-2009, 12:21 PM

2-1/4 oz premium vodka
2 oz Ontario ice wine
juice of half a lime
1/2 oz maple syrup
fresh ice

Directions: Mash the fresh fruit in the bottom of a Boston shaker. Add the remaining ingredients and top with ice. Shake well and strain into a martini glass.

Hum... Thanks for searching. Well, as I was stupid enough to pick him, I guess I'll have to drink it anyway.

... Cheers :lipsrsealed::p

munchin
06-22-2009, 12:23 PM

2-1/4 oz premium vodka
2 oz Ontario ice wine
juice of half a lime
1/2 oz maple syrup
fresh ice

That's funny, when I saw that, I thought "that sounds great!"

seaweed
06-22-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm here for Frank's and Lucie's parties. :cool:

patrick
06-22-2009, 12:38 PM
I think we've seen it happen zillion times before. 2nd or 3rd grade player wins or reaches the final of a warm-up tournament 1-2 weeks before the slam and proceeds to flame out in the 1st or 2nd round...

Doesn't always happen and top 20 players are usually exempt, but I wouldn't take any of them early on...

You know what so far - she has a total of ZERO break chances.

dryrunguy
06-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Here's hoping Jessie has some Singha on ice.... :mad:

missinandre
06-22-2009, 12:55 PM
I am so not angry. I am so not angry. I am so not angry. I am so not angry. I am very very very very very very depressed.

I just got back to my sister's house from the hospital after dealing with a 12,000 bill that they sent to the wrong insurance....and

Happily settle down at the computer to check out the day's results and come to find out that I've been DOUBLE CHEEKED by STINKING SAFAROVA and USELESS FINGERS~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me have a keg of you finest English Ale to drown my sorrows :(

Oh' Feliciano! I thought you were so beautiful! :(

sluggo-13
06-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Table for one...me the Manasieva picker. Thought I'd try a long-shot. Lost 8-6 in 3rd. Boo!

Russian Vodka please. Stoli Blueberry Vodka & tonic on the patio.

morct
06-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Table for one...me the Manasieva picker. Thought I'd try a long-shot. Lost 8-6 in 3rd. Boo!

Russian Vodka please. Stoli Blueberry Vodka & tonic on the patio.

Don't be lonely....... come and join in with the other losers. :cheesy:
http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/main/cocktails/images/Stolichnaya-Blueberi.jpg

dryrunguy
06-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Half-cheeked, thanks to Tammy T.

Singha, please.

Shoulda known better. :mad:

amenssen
06-22-2009, 01:04 PM
second tournament in a row that I have gone down on the first day in the women's pool. Momo at the French and now Tammy T. blast

I'll take some nice English Gin if you have some please. No need for tonic here

patrick
06-22-2009, 01:05 PM

Singha, please.

Ditto... :mad: :mad:

In a WTA match, how in the world do you get at a total of ZERO break points in a match against a clay courter? Tamarine pulled that feat today.

morct
06-22-2009, 01:06 PM

Singha, please.

Bummer, bummer, bummer. Have lots and lots of singha.

http://www.isbnetwork.com/images/singha.jpg

morct
06-22-2009, 01:07 PM
OMG, Tammy got both of you guys...:mad::mad:

Scotty
06-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Tanasugarn, party of 74? Our table is now ready.

The Losers' Lounge is rockin' today.

Most thematic song I could think of:

mnqj31VPNoE

dryrunguy
Ditto... :mad: :mad:

In a WTA match, how in the world do you get at a total of ZERO break points in a match against a clay courter? Tamarine pulled that feat today.

I can only assume YOUR karma SUCKS! Thanks, patrick! :cheesy:

morct
second tournament in a row that I have gone down on the first day in the women's pool. Momo at the French and now Tammy T. blast

I'll take some nice English Gin if you have some please. No need for tonic here

Never tried this one but it should do the job. :)

http://z.about.com/d/cocktails/1/0/Z/9/-/-/booths_gin.jpg

patrick
06-22-2009, 01:13 PM
I can only assume YOUR karma SUCKS! Thanks, patrick! :cheesy:

It did today.

natkl
06-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Gah, so I pick Minar, who kicked me out of last year's Wimby pool (losing to Vassallo Arguello of all people) and then figure, I'd go and take a safe route with Tanasugarn against that Santonja girl (who the F is that anyway?) so that I can avoid being double cheeked on day 1. Pathetic...'Fraid I have no choice but to introduce you to my shit list, Tammy.

mjschaefer
06-22-2009, 02:51 PM
I lost my favorite player and my men's suicide pick today. My second favorite player withdrew.

What I need is a new sport to follow.

I'll take a bottle of Southern Comfort and go sit in the corner booth next to the jukebox and keep playing:"What is love?" by Haddaway. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsCXZczTQXo)

Madame
06-22-2009, 03:28 PM
The loser's lounge is depressing tonight. All those losers drinking and crying over their lost hopes of a medal for once.

:cry:

the only thing that consoles me is knowing I am not alone in sorrow !!! :o

still ....

oh well see you tomorrow for the othee cheek.

(This is a lousy Wimby anyway, no Rafa, no Ritchie :()

only one nice thing though, wimby live works in France :cheesy:

munchin
06-22-2009, 03:33 PM
only one nice thing though, wimby live works in France :cheesy:

I don't wanna hear about it ;)

munchin
06-22-2009, 03:38 PM
I just remembered that last night I had my pick narrowed down to 3 on the women's side: Tanasugarn, Wozniak and Safarova.

This was really not going to happen for me this year.

atlpam
06-22-2009, 04:01 PM

Singha, please.

I think we need a keg of that - mind if I join you?

dryrunguy
06-22-2009, 05:16 PM
I think we need a keg of that - mind if I join you?

<------A dozen Singhas later

Huh? :drunk1:

Omegadoom
06-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Please (someone, anyone) explain to me how Tanasugarn lost to a scrub today on grass! The sure fire pick......GONE!

I must be either cursed or just suck big time! :p

Well.....I think I might as well get used to the fact that Im gonna be a regular in this miserable place. At least I am not alone.:grouphug:

Give me something very strong to ease the pain please.

kknudsen
06-22-2009, 05:55 PM
This has not been my year :(

Two first round loses back to back is making me very sad :(:(:(:(:(:(

But can I just say this ... how did Tanasugarn lose? She won the lead up tournament, she's was playing a nobody who she's beaten twice ... how oh how did this happen :bat:

patrick
06-22-2009, 06:13 PM
What makes it worse that Tamarine lost to a clay courter and had NO break points in the entire match.

Moose
06-22-2009, 06:24 PM
This has not been my year :(

Two first round loses back to back is making me very sad :(:(:(:(:(:(

But can I just say this ... how did Tanasugarn lose? She won the lead up tournament, she's was playing a nobody who she's beaten twice ... how oh how did this happen :bat:

Cheer up, Kknudsen. There's always the US Open. Which is played on a REAL surface :)

zephyrstorm03
06-22-2009, 07:00 PM
ahhh! i woke up this morning and went straight to the computer and read the tanasugarn result! nooooooooooooo!!!! i've lost the last few suicide pools on the first day, so i thought this was as close to a sure thing as i could get! can't believe it. is it too early to start drinking?!

mmmm8
06-22-2009, 07:11 PM
For the first time ever, and I'm sure the first of many - I'm double cheeked on day 1. I need my second and third bottles of Everclear, please

missinandre
06-22-2009, 08:47 PM
For the first time ever, and I'm sure the first of many - I'm double cheeked on day 1. I need my second and third bottles of Everclear, please

ooooooh now I feel better! Drunken company in the LL! Where's my keg of the finest English Ale? I want to cheer m8 on with her bottles of Everclear.

Jay
06-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks for stepping up, Morct! I was out all day and didn't get back home until a little while ago. :)

So sorry Madame. There's something really strong called orujo, if you want to celebrate with a spanish drink. Jessie, an orujo for Madame.
I had some in Galicia! that stuff is strong.
Here ya go Madame:
http://bodegas-larouco.com/images/abilleira_orujo_botella.jpg

That's funny, when I saw that, I thought "that sounds great!"
me too!

Let me have a keg of you finest English Ale to drown my sorrows :(

Here ya go:
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/818/keg.jpg

I lost my favorite player and my men's suicide pick today. My second favorite player withdrew.

What I need is a new sport to follow.

I'll take a bottle of Southern Comfort and go sit in the corner booth next to the jukebox and keep playing:"What is love?" by Haddaway. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsCXZczTQXo)
aww. Sorry to hear that :( :grouphug:
http://www.cookerati.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/southern-comfort.jpg

Please (someone, anyone) explain to me how Tanasugarn lost to a scrub today on grass! The sure fire pick......GONE!

I must be either cursed or just suck big time! :p

Well.....I think I might as well get used to the fact that Im gonna be a regular in this miserable place. At least I am not alone.:grouphug:

Give me something very strong to ease the pain please.
care for some Singha? everyone else who picked her got some. Seemed to be the drink of the day
http://www.thai-nongkhai.com/img_add/singha.jpg

ahhh! i woke up this morning and went straight to the computer and read the tanasugarn result! nooooooooooooo!!!! i've lost the last few suicide pools on the first day, so i thought this was as close to a sure thing as i could get! can't believe it. is it too early to start drinking?!
It's never too early to start drinking! :cheesy:

hmm. I wonder if that's where the band of the same name got their name from
Anyway, here ya go:
http://www.boozebasher.com/images/grain/Everclear151.jpg

missinandre
06-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Oooooh thanks jessie! I'll surely be feeling WAY better very very soon!

mjschaefer
06-22-2009, 09:11 PM
I just realized that Andreas Beck lost to Granollers...the same guy I picked and took me out of the French Open.

I'm depressed. Thanks for the bottle Jessie.

Irena2
06-22-2009, 09:11 PM
I finally managed to stumble in here. I'm still in shock. Tamarine! How dare you! Any one of my fellow bandwagon-mates up for a game of darts?

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=55&pictureid=793

LoveThirty
06-22-2009, 10:10 PM
So sad, three of my four picks out on day1 :mad:

No, it's not I was using two accounts to play, but other than choosing Tammy T on the ladies, I had side betting with my friends on Lola Robson and Jimmy Blake.
Lost $20 on Laura and $30 on Blake (3:1 odd), making me even more depressed...

munchin
06-22-2009, 10:48 PM

2-1/4 oz premium vodka
2 oz Ontario ice wine
juice of half a lime
1/2 oz maple syrup
fresh ice

I just tried this, by the way. It's one of the most laughably yucky drinks I've ever tasted. Please, please, nobody else try this.

oohsalmon
06-22-2009, 10:55 PM
I'm double cheeked, and want some delicious Strongbow for me and my homies!

Jay
06-22-2009, 11:08 PM

ElljayB
06-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Blast! I thought I'd finally try my hand at a suicide pool and one of my favourite's KO's me from my preferred event (ladies singles). I thought I'd throw in a bottle for my first visit to the lounge.

Here's to you, Tammy. I still love you! :o

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/divertedpraise/bombay-sapphire.jpg

Madame
06-22-2009, 11:19 PM

Jessie, are you allright ???

Jay
06-23-2009, 01:23 AM
lol yea, I'm fine. My internet went out after I had edited that post. The picture I had posted was too large, so I had to go resize it. So before I went to go resize it, I had to delete it off that post...then my internet went out. lol

anyway, here ya go salmon:
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7161/ciderstrongbow.jpg

Madame
06-23-2009, 02:04 AM
lol yea, I'm fine. My internet went out after I had edited that post. The picture I had posted was too large, so I had to go resize it. So before I went to go resize it, I had to delete it off that post...then my internet went out. lol

good. I worry about you. Not sleeping and then posting dots .... Geez.

;)

ptmcmahon
06-23-2009, 04:25 AM
For those of us who are SOOO confident that our picks in suspended matches are going to come through:

GLCJEYLIBQY

EDIT: Stupid embedding disabled by request!

Moose
06-23-2009, 05:51 AM
and for those Dokic pickers...

"They all fall down, like

jpJy46o_7b0

JTContinental
06-23-2009, 06:24 AM
I just tried this, by the way. It's one of the most laughably yucky drinks I've ever tasted. Please, please, nobody else try this.

You happened to have some Ontario ice wine lying around?

MeganFernandez
06-23-2009, 06:29 AM
and for those Dokic pickers...

"They all fall down, like

jpJy46o_7b0

Dokic, my Day 2 pick, goes out before my Day 1 pick finishes her match. Double-cheeked with my Day 1 women's pick still on court. Worst Suicide Pool ever.

MeganFernandez
06-23-2009, 06:30 AM
I'm double cheeked, and want some delicious Strongbow for me and my homies!

I just had this last night for the first time, and I'm in love.

sluggo-13
06-23-2009, 06:59 AM

We do have a Maple flavoured vodka here in Canada. maybe that would taste better!

Christopher
06-23-2009, 07:33 AM
Hey all. I picked Berdych in the SP for today, but he doesn't actually seem to show up on the order of play (though he's in the list at the top of the page for the picks). Anyone know what that means for me?

Christopher
06-23-2009, 07:35 AM
O.K. I take it back. He's in the official order of play, just doesn't show up in the live scores thing I was looking at. Ignore my question.

Madoun
06-23-2009, 07:50 AM
I.am.doomed.
This Wimby is really not good for me, I am crashing in ALL the contests I've entered.
So Anne Keothavong just lost, which not only fully cheeks me, but also gives me nearly no luck of having a good score for You can't win jack, as I put Mayr in first position. (yeah yeah, I shouldn't have entered both contests with the same players, I know).
And then for the green acres, I've entered an invalid team (and even if it wasn't, the new players I wanted to enter all crashed first round).

So please, give me something strong :p Do you have some green girl here ? (Blue Curacao, lemon and orange juice)

Moose
06-23-2009, 07:52 AM
Vaidisova party of 17. Your table is now available.

If you ask nicely, we'll give you 10 TAT dollars for that watch of yours.

Foxykhat
06-23-2009, 08:01 AM
Anne, Anne, what happened out there Anne?!!!

Foxy

Jay
06-23-2009, 08:02 AM
I.am.doomed.
This Wimby is really not good for me, I am crashing in ALL the contests I've entered.
So Anne Keothavong just lost, which not only fully cheeks me, but also gives me nearly no luck of having a good score for You can't win jack, as I put Mayr in first position. (yeah yeah, I shouldn't have entered both contests with the same players, I know).
And then for the green acres, I've entered an invalid team (and even if it wasn't, the new players I wanted to enter all crashed first round).

So please, give me something strong :p Do you have some green girl here ? (Blue Curacao, lemon and orange juice)
This was the closest I could find.

The only difference is that this has some Absolut Kurant as well.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_SbBQp32FHpY/R_42-AjDL4I/AAAAAAAAA4I/5ZsL74p2lqQ/s400/absolut-blue-pearl.jpg

Madoun
06-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Seems good, thanks ;)

Irena2
06-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Llodra wins :) - but my other cheek is still smarting from Tammy's first round loss. :( How about a nice Burgundy, please? I'm ready for a drink when you've got a moment, Jessie.

Jay
06-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Llodra wins :) - but my other cheek is still smarting from Tammy's first round loss. :( How about a nice Burgundy, please? I'm ready for a drink when you've got a moment, Jessie.
No prob!
ouch. Sorry about Tammy.

have your pick:
http://images.easyart.com/i/prints/rw/en_easyart/lg/1/0/Burgundy-Teo-Tarras-105578.jpg

oohsalmon
06-23-2009, 08:40 AM
I just had this last night for the first time, and I'm in love.

Amazing, right? Bulmers and Strongbow are two of the things I miss most about Britain...

elisat
06-23-2009, 08:56 AM
A Czech Budweiser for me, please. Cheers, Nicole!

lukeorion
06-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Ughhh. To think I was going to chose K. Bondarenko!!!!!!

AHHHH!!!

Stupid Anne Keothavong!!! Never again. You are on my bad list.

Jay
06-23-2009, 09:04 AM
A Czech Budweiser for me, please. Cheers, Nicole!
Here ya go! enjoy
http://ogomogo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/beer-prague-budvar-budweiser1.jpg

elisat
06-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Thanks Jessie!

Irena2
06-23-2009, 09:12 AM
No prob!
ouch. Sorry about Tammy.

have your pick:
]

MMMMnmmm! I set up a flight... wonderful... (hic! :drunk1:) Thank you!

Love the 80's quotes. My husband's band got to open for the Buzzcocks on a reunion tour a few years ago. They had a great time. Here's a quote for you from a related band - can you name the band? It's one of my favorite rock rhymes: "I'd have been Raskolnikov, but mother nature ripped me off!"

Jay
06-23-2009, 09:19 AM
MMMMnmmm! I set up a flight... wonderful... (hic! :drunk1:) Thank you!

Love the 80's quotes. My husband's band got to open for the Buzzcocks on a reunion tour a few years ago. They had a great time. Here's a quote for you from a related band - can you name the band? It's one of my favorite rock rhymes: "Could've been Raskolnikov, but mother nature ripped me off!"
That's awesome! Glad they had a good time :D

Thanks! It's an avatar series I've started. I posted the avatars, list, and stuff about each song here: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10836&page=95

Nope, I can't place that quote. Where's it from?

Irena2
06-23-2009, 09:24 AM
That's awesome! Glad they had a good time :D

Thanks! It's an avatar series I've started. I posted the avatars, list, and stuff about each song here: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10836&page=95

Nope, I can't place that quote. Where's it from?

Magazine - When Howard Devoto left the Buzzcocks, Magazine was his next project. It's from an album called "The Correct Use of Soap" and the song is "Philadelphia". I don't own it (probably sold it) but I still have their record "Real Life" on vinyl. I think you would like it, especially the song "The Light Pours Out of Me".

Jay
06-23-2009, 09:27 AM
Magazine - When Howard Devoto left the Buzzcocks, Magazine was his next project. It's from an album called "The Correct Use of Soap" and the song is "Philadelphia". I don't own it (probably sold it) but I still have their record "Real Life" on vinyl. I think you would like it, especially the song "The Light Pours Out of Me".
I'm youtubing it right now.

I like! :)
Thanks!

MeganFernandez
06-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Amazing, right? Bulmers and Strongbow are two of the things I miss most about Britain...

Yeah, it wasn't as sweet as other ciders I've had. What's Bulmer's?

Moose
06-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Love the 80's quotes. My husband's band got to open for the Buzzcocks on a reunion tour a few years ago. They had a great time. Here's a quote for you from a related band - can you name the band? It's one of my favorite rock rhymes: "I'd have been Raskolnikov, but mother nature ripped me off!"

Here's one of my faves...."Kick out The Style, Bring back The Jam". R. Orzabel

Irena2
06-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Here's one of my faves...."Kick out The Style, Bring back The Jam". R. Orzabel

Is that Tears for Fears?

vivg91
06-23-2009, 10:25 AM
*cough*ahem*cough* vivg91 reporting for the Wimbledon Suic--wait, you mean it already started? Daaaaaaaammit.

I was on travel the day before day 1, so by the time I had time to make a pick, play had started. I was quite looking forward to it, too. Sad.

dryrunguy
06-23-2009, 10:36 AM
*cough*ahem*cough* vivg91 reporting for the Wimbledon Suic--wait, you mean it already started? Daaaaaaaammit.

I was on travel the day before day 1, so by the time I had time to make a pick, play had started. I was quite looking forward to it, too. Sad.

Look at it from a positive perspective, vivg. You probably would have picked Tanasugarn and Feliciano Lopez and been double-cheeked on Day 1 like lots of folks. ;)

oohsalmon
06-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah, it wasn't as sweet as other ciders I've had. What's Bulmer's?

The Irish equivalent, pretty similar.

luvs10s
06-23-2009, 11:08 AM
:sigh: - I've been Rochused. A Belgian beer, please.

Cheers, Christophe!!!

1NvgLkuEtkA

shtexas
06-23-2009, 11:10 AM
:sigh: - I've been Rochused. A Belgian beer, please.

Cheers, Christophe!!!

Surprising!

Kudos to the person who took Cuevas today. :shocked:

Moose
06-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Is that Tears for Fears?

Absolutely, Irena. From "Sowing The Seeds". It's a swipe at Paul Weller.

glarange
06-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Where´s the Chakvetadze table? Or do I get a one on one with her?

I´ll get a Brazilian caipirinha please...

Moose
06-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Chaks, Vaidisova, Dokic, Cornet, Kanepi....

Losers Lounge, Day 2: "Where Dreams Come To Die"

Charlie02123
06-23-2009, 12:38 PM
Pathetic: Nicole Vaidisova is.

shtexas
06-23-2009, 12:39 PM
So, I was smart enough to avoid Nicole. Instead, I picked Agnes. Lol!

patamf
06-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Surprising!

Kudos to the person who took Cuevas today. :shocked:

That was meeeee :D
Thanks!

Is not often that i have a chance to pick an uruguayan, and even less often that i can get away with it, so i'm trully happy.

Vamos Pablo!!!!

Moose
06-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Dear Friends and Fans,

I mean seriously. How many times do they have to warn you?

xoxo,

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/namedImage/12781/player_20608.jpg

korjik
06-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Picked the wrong Bondarenko sister. Damn it Alona, how do you lose to Baltacha?!!!:bat:

Well, hopefully i'll last on the men's side. In the French, Kirilenko did me in, now Bondarenko. I SHALL not bet on any woman with the KO-ending last name. KO out of the suicide pool, that's what it is.

CM4RN
06-23-2009, 02:54 PM
So, I was smart enough to avoid Nicole. Instead, I picked Agnes. Lol!

Ha! After getting killed by Nicole last time, I skipped her and went with Alona...grrrr

But I'm still in the men's game - so I don't need anything crazy...just a white wine - whatever you got...

categ
06-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Wah! Agnes, how could you do this to me? I thought you were a safe bet. Sigh.

tobiasfunke
06-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Szavay sucks.

JELLO SHOTS! LET'S GO!!

CM4RN
06-23-2009, 02:59 PM
Or maybe I should make that a Red Red Wine...

dryrunguy
06-23-2009, 03:16 PM

In the Loser's Lounge, we call it Red Red Whine... ;)

atlpam
06-23-2009, 03:28 PM
I finally managed to stumble in here. I'm still in shock. Tamarine! How dare you! Any one of my fellow bandwagon-mates up for a game of darts?

I'd join you in a game of darts, but it's awfully crowded in here and my aim is terrible (although it does get better after a few beers).

dryrunguy
06-23-2009, 03:30 PM

I just now realized that Tammy's left nostril appears to be the bullseye?

Jay
06-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Here ya go Luvs. I think I'll join you.
damn Alona :mad:
http://www.beer-pages.com/images/belgian-bottles-2.jpg
Where´s the Chakvetadze table? Or do I get a one on one with her?

I´ll get a Brazilian caipirinha please...
Here ya go:
http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4734418/caipirinha2-main_Full.jpg

Szavay sucks.

JELLO SHOTS! LET'S GO!!
sure! http://images.absoluteastronomy.com/images/encyclopediaimages/t/tr/tray_of_jello_shots.jpg

enjoy!
http://www.winecountrycellars.net/assets/images/redWine.jpg

mwoods
06-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Dear Friends and Fans,

I mean seriously. How many times do they have to warn you?

xoxo,

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/namedImage/12781/player_20608.jpg

You haven't really played an SP until you've been Bondarenkoed. I feel initiated. But why do I have the feeling this won't be the last time...

Stephan Jaeger
06-23-2009, 09:39 PM
No luck with women :confused:

My second SP, and the second time I am kicked out on day 2 (first round, still). Ai Sugiyama at RG last month, and now Anna Chakvetadze.

I'll join the Chakvetadze in a minute - just have to dry my tears. Meanwhile, could I have a Kamikaze, please?

http://www.cocktail.uk.com/images/cocktails/Kamikaze.jpg

Stephan

Madame
06-23-2009, 10:52 PM
You haven't really played an SP until you've been Bondarenkoed. I feel initiated. But why do I have the feeling this won't be the last time...

Bodarenkoed too. I must admit I was warned .... but there weren't many good choices today. Oh well, I'll just keep following the losers ...

Let's start the day with some nice Tea and a bit of Rhum, ... :cool:

Jay
06-23-2009, 11:17 PM
here ya go Madame
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5176/2522522344c1cb3b4200.jpg

Moose
06-24-2009, 06:32 AM
Schuettler party of 15, your table is ready. Not a good day so far for last year's semifinalists.

Moose
06-24-2009, 06:42 AM
And the Dent party. Please make room, it seems a crowd is gathering today.

Martini4me
06-24-2009, 06:44 AM
Schuettler had been my first choice for today's pool, a wooden spoon pick of sorts (as Sela was my first day's pick), but I'm fortunate (so far) that I checked out his record so far this year (10-17, lost last two weeks in a row to Benjamin Becker!!) and re-considered.

mrjiggyfly2
06-24-2009, 07:38 AM
Schuettler had been my first choice for today's pool, a wooden spoon pick of sorts (as Sela was my first day's pick), but I'm fortunate (so far) that I checked out his record so far this year (10-17, lost last two weeks in a row to Benjamin Becker!!) and re-considered.

Great logic Martini. The only thing that would have been even stronger is if he had lost to Sergio Roitman two weeks in a row. Actually, Becker's awful game isn't so awful on grass. But I still love the reasoning.

blomgren
06-24-2009, 08:07 AM
IN here from Sharapova one half left in the men's and I would've picked Schuettler had I not seen that he was like 0-4 against Sela. I'll save my drink for if PEHK loses and half the pool is in here.

scineram
06-24-2009, 09:09 AM
Damn Shriekapova.

Who is PEHK?

shtexas
06-24-2009, 09:11 AM
Damn Shriekapova.

Who is PEHK?

Philip Kohlschreiber with all his middle names.

manolo
06-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Damn Shriekapova.

Who is PEHK?

Philipp Kohlschreiber, who is about to become the more popular player in this Board if he loses this.

scineram
06-24-2009, 09:25 AM
What are his middle names?

Is camera on his court?

shtexas
06-24-2009, 09:27 AM
What are his middle names?

Is camera on his court?

Philipp Eberhard Hermann Kohlschreiber

Madame
06-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Philipp Eberhard Hermann Kohlschreiber

lol !!! I'm going to call him Eberhard for now on :cheesy:

Moose
06-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Pavlyuchenchinohenaovakutikis....oh, whatever. 29 of you, take a seat.

oploskoffie
06-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Oh dear.... Pavlyuchenkova pickers on their way in... :(

Moose
06-24-2009, 09:39 AM
lol !!! I'm going to call him Eberhard for now on :cheesy:

oh dear Lord, Madame. You don't even want to know what's racing through my perverted thoughts right now.

luvs10s
06-24-2009, 09:42 AM
oh dear Lord, Madame. You don't even want to know what's racing through my perverted thoughts right now.

I think we could all take an educated guess....wink

grin

Stinger
06-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Thank you Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.....a lite beer for me please!

manolo
06-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Pavlyuchenchinohenaovakutikis....oh, whatever. 29 of you, take a seat.

She's not even 18 and already doing that to suicide pools!

Federex
06-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Pavlyuchenkova..Crap..
Better not picking those random -ova or the game will be over

Jay
06-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Soderling is gonna put me in here soon, but I don't care 'cause I don't like him :D

Moose
06-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Dear Alona:

Thanks for showing me the ropes. You're right, it is fun to screw with these people!

xoxo,
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/players/wta311777.jpg

luvs10s
06-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Have I beaten the rest of the Kleybanova crowd, bags first dibs on the vodka!!!

Togtdyalttai
06-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Hey Luvs, may I take a seat with you at the Giant Kleybanova table?

luvs10s
06-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Hey Luvs, may I take a seat with you at the Giant Kleybanova table?

Sure, I'll bunch on up, there's a few of us.

Jay
06-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Have I beaten the rest of the Kleybanova crowd, bags first dibs on the vodka!!!
Have as much Vodka as y'all want.

lukeorion
06-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Ugh. Can't believe I'm doublecheeked this early. Hasn't happened to me since the US Open. Oh well.

How bout some Soco and lime?

Jay
06-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Here ya go Luke:
http://www.cocktailatlas.com/L2NewOrleans/SoCo_Lime_Hurricane/Southern%20Comfort.jpg

Togtdyalttai
06-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Have as much Vodka as y'all want.

Ooh, Raspberry! *Pours himself a glass

ptmcmahon
06-24-2009, 12:27 PM
At least us Kleybanova pickers have lots of company. It's so early we just look like a big bunch of followers!

ktothem1
06-24-2009, 12:29 PM
I got Sharapovaed / Dulkoed, so hit me with whatever they're drinking down in Buenos Aires. Still alive in the Boys' Pool thanks to Llodra, Berdych, and Dr. Ivo. Thanks... - k to the m 1

P. S. How many are left in Women's? Can't be more than a couple dozen after Kleybanova, Sharapova, Pavlyuchenkova, Navratilova, Itain'tovatillit'sova...

ptmcmahon
06-24-2009, 12:30 PM
All about the OVAS!

Madame
06-24-2009, 01:02 PM

blush ;)

Jay
06-24-2009, 01:19 PM
I got Sharapovaed / Dulkoed, so hit me with whatever they're drinking down in Buenos Aires. Still alive in the Boys' Pool thanks to Llodra, Berdych, and Dr. Ivo. Thanks... - k to the m 1

P. S. How many are left in Women's? Can't be more than a couple dozen after Kleybanova, Sharapova, Pavlyuchenkova, Navratilova, Itain'tovatillit'sova...
how about some wine?
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9995/20080705aftm01.jpg

Moose
06-24-2009, 01:23 PM

We've got the count at about 55 people. And that's after only three days of playing, with 361 players starting the game.

morct
06-26-2009, 10:43 AM
*Elbows through the crowd*

Gee it's getting pretty messy around here. Setting up the Cibulkova table for lots and lots of drinks please.

dryrunguy
06-26-2009, 10:50 AM
*Elbows through the crowd*

Gee it's getting pretty messy around here. Setting up the Cibulkova table for lots and lots of drinks please.

Since it's going to take some strategic planning and logistical preparation, I would like to place an advance order for Tommy Robredo's head on a platter...

Thank you for your assistance.

Moose
06-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Robredo party. You've been Dudi'd.

elisat
06-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Since it's going to take some strategic planning and logistical preparation, I would like to place an advance order for Tommy Robredo's head on a platter...

Thank you for your assistance.

Please add an apple inside his mouth.

illi10nis27
06-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks a lot Tommy! And I thought Troicki was going to send me in here.
Damn it.

Just wanted to vent :) Good for Dudi though.

I knew I shouldn't have made my pick while on a Troicki high yesterday.

dryrunguy
06-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Tanqueray and Tonic, please!

And make it a triple!

Jay
06-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Tanqueray and Tonic, please!

And make it a triple!
Here ya go!
http://www.thebar.com/_layouts/TheBar/en-us/IMAGES/drink_recipe/standard/Tanqueray_tt_Drink.jpg

elisat
06-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Once you've served Dry please give me the bottle.

Sela played well but also Tommy choked in the important moments. Blew 2 set points in the first set and then got broken when serving for the fourth. I am mad, mad, mad at him. I had this stupid idea that he was the kind of player that wins the matches he is supposed to win.

Jay
06-26-2009, 11:40 AM

Sela played well but also Tommy choked in the important moments. Blew 2 set points in the first set and then got broken when serving for the fourth. I am mad, mad, mad at him. I had this stupid idea that he was the kind of player that wins the matches he is supposed to win.
:p
Here ya go

http://www.thebiascut.com/archives/Tanqueray-Flaske-Glass-250b.jpg

illi10nis27
06-26-2009, 11:41 AM

Yup, I thought he would take it to five sets and win. That was a massive choke from him. Serving for the set at 5-4 to losing the match. UGH.

Screwdriver, please. Big glass, preferably.

Jay
06-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Yup, I thought he would take it to five sets and win. That was a massive choke from him. Serving for the set at 5-4 to losing the match. UGH.

Screwdriver, please. Big glass, preferably.
Here ya go! :)
http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2027429/orange-screwdriver-cocktail-main_Full.jpg

elisat
06-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Here ya go

]

Thanks Jessie, I'll probably need another one later. I hope you have a lot on stock.

morct
06-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Double cheeked. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Alcohol, lots and lots of alcohol bartender.

Jay
06-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Double cheeked. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Alcohol, lots and lots of alcohol bartender.

Here ya go:

http://medicineworld.org/images/blogs/3-2007/alcohol-422270.jpg

dryrunguy
06-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Here ya go

http://www.thebiascut.com/archives/Tanqueray-Flaske-Glass-250b.jpg

Just one bottle? When did the Loser's Lounge get so frippin' cheap?!?!?!?

Thank you, Jessie! :p

illi10nis27
06-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Here ya go! :)
http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2027429/orange-screwdriver-cocktail-main_Full.jpg

Thanks Jessie :) That looks delicious, almost makes me forget about bloody Robredo. :mad:

patrick
06-26-2009, 01:00 PM
My SP ends. When Tommy served for the 4th set at 5-4, I left to get something to eat thinking there was going to be a 5th. But, when I got back, the DirecTv screen said matches to resume at 8 AM therefore, I checked the scores and Dudi won the last 3 games of the match.

dryrunguy
06-26-2009, 01:15 PM
My SP ends. When Tommy served for the 4th set at 5-4, I left to get something to eat thinking there was going to be a 5th. But, when I got back, the DirecTv screen said matches to resume at 8 AM therefore, I checked the scores and Dudi won the last 3 games of the match.

That's really unfair, patrick. The rest of us had to suffer three consecutive, braindead Robredo errors to lose the last three points of the match. You should have to suffer, too...

patrick
06-26-2009, 02:09 PM
That's really unfair, patrick. The rest of us had to suffer three consecutive, braindead Robredo errors to lose the last three points of the match. You should have to suffer, too...

I suffered when I came back and saw play will resume tomorrow.

Equipped
06-27-2009, 07:48 AM
I make it to Day 6 only to have Jankovic lose to Oudin. :rolleyes:

ElljayB
06-27-2009, 09:24 AM
I should have gone with my instincts and not picked Davydenko. Can't even offer a reason I did. Perhaps I'd had a few too many gins too early. :)

jmhohnj
06-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Jessie, help a poor soul who lost in both draws today! Better make it a double! Peach schnapps in honor of Melanie Oudin, who ousted the worthless JJ, and a double shot of Del Mono (see http://www.productsfromspain.net/anis-anisette/del-mono-anis-anisette?session=96348) for Juan Carlos Ferrero's making a monkey out of Gonzo!

Jay
06-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Jessie, help a poor soul who lost in both draws today! Better make it a double! Peach schnapps in honor of Melanie Oudin, who ousted the worthless JJ, and a double shot of Del Mono (see http://www.productsfromspain.net/anis-anisette/del-mono-anis-anisette?session=96348) for Juan Carlos Ferrero's making a monkey out of Gonzo!
http://www.lisashea.com/lisabase/cocktails/images/peachtea.jpghttps://www.thecommerce.es/WebRoot/StoreES/Shops/ea2533/484C/2644/412B/F453/E368/D94C/8776/F15F/anis_0020_del_0020_mono_0020_dulce.jpg
Here you go! Hope it eases the pain. :(

lululala
06-27-2009, 01:28 PM
double cheeked, yesterday Robredo today Kuztnetsova. Lisicki is a gutsy chica...shoulda gone with her!

I'll have a Caipirihna please:hammerself:

Jay
06-27-2009, 02:31 PM
double cheeked, yesterday Robredo today Kuztnetsova. Lisicki is a gutsy chica...shoulda gone with her!

I'll have a Caipirihna please:hammerself:
Here ya go.
http://www.deltatranslator.com/1685.jpg

winston
06-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Well, I stayed away when Dent half-cheeked me. But JJ did me in today. Can't help being happy for Melanie, tho. And hey, just getting to Day 6 in one pool is by far my best SP of the year.

I am, however, so tired that I can't think of the name of a drink. Jessie, come up with a drink for me, please. A picker upper of some kind. I trust your taste.

thotchkin
06-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Argh! Well, there goes my hopes of defending my Men's SP Wimbledon Championship. I knew JC Ferrero could make it a tough match for Simon, but I picked Simon anyway. I did not expect a drubbing like that, though.

Barkeep, a pint of your finest copper ale.

Jay
06-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Well, I stayed away when Dent half-cheeked me. But JJ did me in today. Can't help being happy for Melanie, tho. And hey, just getting to Day 6 in one pool is by far my best SP of the year.

I am, however, so tired that I can't think of the name of a drink. Jessie, come up with a drink for me, please. A picker upper of some kind. I trust your taste.
whoops. Sorry for not noticing this before.
How about a screwdriver? It's a highball :)
http://drink-recipe.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/200606012_screwdriver_320x240.jpg

Argh! Well, there goes my hopes of defending my Men's SP Wimbledon Championship. I knew JC Ferrero could make it a tough match for Simon, but I picked Simon anyway. I did not expect a drubbing like that, though.

Barkeep, a pint of your finest copper ale.
I can't say I'm sorry that Simon lost..'cause Ferrero is my favourite player :D

Sorry you lost, though. Otter Creek was the only one I could find. Hope you enjoy ;). Here ya go:
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1313/copperale.jpg

winston
06-29-2009, 07:10 PM
You are not only an excellent bartender, Jessie, you're also somewhat psychic. I actually drink screwdrivers on occasion.:cheesy:

GVGirl
07-01-2009, 07:19 AM
I'm getting into the lounge early to get a prime spot at the Djokovic table.
:beer::drunk1: Let's see if Nole can come back and get me out of here.

GVGirl
07-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Oh Novak!:drunk2: What's the Serbian alcoholic beverage of choice? I have no clue.

I should have listened to GugaMan and avoided picking this match. :cry:

Jay
07-01-2009, 07:53 AM
How about some Jelen, GVG? :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/09/JelenPivoBottle.JPG

shtexas
07-01-2009, 07:53 AM
INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GVGirl
07-01-2009, 07:55 AM
How about some Jelen, GVG? :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/09/JelenPivoBottle.JPG

Thank you Jessie. Table for how many?

Snidely
07-01-2009, 07:58 AM
This place is about to get packed. Despite the choke by Djok, I am pretty happy to get to the QF. My best SP reult in a while.

Let's make the party funky....Jesse - how about absinthe for everyone!

zephyrstorm03
07-01-2009, 08:00 AM
I've also come to join the Djokovic table! That was a silly mistake. I was gonna go for Roddick. Oh well. I'll have a drink now!

GVGirl
07-01-2009, 08:06 AM
Table for 41!

:drunk2:

Jay
07-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Not sure, GVG. Maybe Moose or Shtexas know how many are out?

This place is about to get packed. Despite the choke by Djok, I am pretty happy to get to the QF. My best SP reult in a while.

Let's make the party funky....Jesse - how about absinthe for everyone!

I've also come to join the Djokovic table! That was a silly mistake. I was gonna go for Roddick. Oh well. I'll have a drink now!

Absinthe! :)

http://www.alandia.de/Pics/buy-absinthe.jpg

Jay
07-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Table for 41!

:drunk2:
:shocked: damn!

SoraOblivion62
07-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Give me a drink that lets me go back in time and pick Haas -_-.

Or more realistically some chocolate milk. I need me some dairy XD.

Jay
07-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Give me a drink that lets me go back in time and pick Haas -_-.

Or more realistically some chocolate milk. I need me some dairy XD.
here ya go! sorry I took so long. I must have been busy being depressed over Ferrero
mm. looks delish. I think I'll join you :)

http://www.blisstree.com/chocolatebytes/files/2007/02/chocolate-milk.jpg

SoraOblivion62
07-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Wow that looks good Jessie! :smitten:

mjschaefer
07-02-2009, 08:21 AM
I should order my second drink for forgetting to pick in the WTA suicide for the second straight slam.

I'll have a lemonade.

Jay
07-02-2009, 09:04 AM
I should order my second drink for forgetting to pick in the WTA suicide for the second straight slam.

I'll have a lemonade.
Here ya go!
http://www.thesunblog.com/gourmetgal/lemonade1.jpg
(LOL I seem to favor pics of drinks that have some sort of splash. I didn't notice it until just now)

SoraOblivion62
07-02-2009, 09:21 AM
How do those photo people do it?! I love the splash effect haha.