PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision 2009 Contest!

oohsalmon
05-11-2009, 03:56 PM
http://www.eurovisionfamily.tv/save-files/user-images/4e/c6/feaa7b40350add75fd71587ef2ef/Eurovision_2009-RESIZE-800-450-fit.jpg

The time has finally come folks! The first TalkAboutTennis Eurovision Contest! The excitement is almost too much to bear!

The contest will focus solely on the finals of the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest, which are being held in Moscow this Saturday.

Here's how it will work:

Each participant will predict who s/he thinks will finish in the top ten and bottom five, as well as some predictions as to whom specific countries will give big points to. Order is important here. I'll go more into how points are awarded in an upcoming post.

The deadline for entries is Saturday, May 16th, at 22:30 CET, 21:30 GMT, and 4:30 pm in the US Eastern Time Zone, 1:30 pm in the US Pacific Time Zone, and at 08:30 AM Sunday in New Zealand. Think that covers most everybody ;)

oohsalmon
05-11-2009, 04:31 PM
So here is what an entry will look like:

Part 1
Place Finishes:

1st: (Worth 120 points)
2nd: (Worth 100 points)
3rd: (Worth 80 points)
4th: (Worth 70 points)
5th: (Worth 60 points)
6th: (Worth 50 points)
7th: (Worth 40 points)
8th: (Worth 30 points)
9th: (Worth 20 points)
10th: (Worth 10 points)
21st: (Worth 10 points)
22nd: (Worth 20 points)
23rd: (Worth 30 points)
24th: (Worth 60 points)
25th: (Worth 100 points)
You also get points for countries that you correctly put in the top ten or bottom five, but whose exact placing you miss. These points will be determined by the following formula:

Points if you would have gotten it right
-------------------------------------- = Points you get (with rounding)
Places Missed by + 1

So for example, if you predicted Andorra to come in third but they actually win, you would receive

---- = 40 points
2+1

It's a lot less complicated than it looks...
Part 2:
The Biggest Points from _____ Go To...

For this section, you pick a country who you think the given country will give big points to. Scoring for this part is pretty simple. You get however many points are actually given. For example, if you predict "The Netherlands" for Albania, and the Albanians give The Netherlands five points, you get five points. There is a bonus for correctly guessing the top point getter. If you predict the country to whom the maximum twelve points is given, you get twenty-four points for your prognosticating prowess.
These are the 25 countries whose point giving you'll be looking to predict.

Albania
Armenia
Belarus
Bulgaria
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Israel
Malta
Montenegro
Poland
Romania
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Ukraine
United Kingdom

Any questions?

oohsalmon
05-14-2009, 07:00 PM
The finals are set folks! Time to start getting those entries in, or at least to start thinking about your plans!

Togtdyalttai
05-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Can countries give themselves points?

oohsalmon
05-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Can countries give themselves points?

Nope. You can't vote for (or award points to) your own country.

manolo
05-14-2009, 11:07 PM
Ok, I'll go first, but only with the first part. It's too much work for doing it in one session:

1. Sweden
2. Ukraine
3. Spain
4. Iceland
5. Moldova
6. Finland
7. Estonia
8. Russia
9. Armenia
10. Germany

21. Greece
22. Israel
23. Lithuania
24. Portugal
25. Malta

luvs10s
05-15-2009, 05:44 AM
1st: Turkey
2nd: Norway
3rd: UK
4th: Finland
5th: Iceland
6th: Ukraine
7th: Azerbaijan
8th: France
9th: Spain
10th: Bosnia-Herz
21st: Portugal
22nd: Albania
23rd: Sweden
24th: Croatia
25th: Israel

Like Manolo, I'm giving the second part a miss. I'm doing this at work and had to bring my notes from home cos I can't Youtbe here to refresh my memory. Bet I don't get any right. grin

Togtdyalttai
05-15-2009, 08:15 AM
1. Norway
2. Azerbaijan
3. Spain
4. Armenia
5. Ukraine
6. Estonia
7. Greece
8. Finland
9. Sweden
10. Turkey
21. Israel
22. Bosnia
23. Malta
24. Croatia
25. Germany

oohsalmon
05-15-2009, 07:20 PM
1. Bosnia & Herzegovina
2. Norway
3. Azerbaijan
4. Spain
5. Turkey
6. Estonia
7. Iceland
8. Greece
9. Armenia
10. Ukraine
21. Denmark
22. Croatia
23. Israel
24. Germany
25. Portugal

Albania - Greece
Armenia - Russia
Belarus - Norway
Bulgaria - Turkey
Czech Republic - Armenia
Denmark - Sweden
Estonia - Finland
Finland - Estonia
France - Turkey
Germany - Turkey
Greece - Romania
Hungary - Croatia
Iceland - Norway
Ireland - Lithuania
Israel - Ukraine
Malta - United Kingdom
Montenegro - Bosnia & Herzegovina
Poland - Ukraine
Romania - Moldova
Russia - Azerbaijan
Spain - Romania
Sweden - Norway
Switzerland - France
Ukraine - Armenia
United Kingdom - Greece

oohsalmon
05-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Yeesh, with the juries, I had no clue what to do with the specific country votings...

oohsalmon
05-15-2009, 07:40 PM
As far as Spain goes, if they get DQed (which I can't imagine actually happening), I'll just double who you have behind them. For example, if you have Spain 4th and Moldova 5th, I'll count Moldova as both 4th and 5th.

Togtdyalttai
05-15-2009, 07:42 PM
As far as Spain goes, if they get DQed (which I can't imagine actually happening), I'll just double who you have behind them. For example, if you have Spain 4th and Moldova 5th, I'll count Moldova as both 4th and 5th.

Seriously, how many times do you have to post that?

oohsalmon
05-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Seriously, how many times do you have to post that?

Once in each thread...:rolleyes:

Togtdyalttai
05-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Albania: Greece
Armenia: Russia
Belarus: Russia
Bulgaria: Turkey
Czech Republic: Ukraine
Denmark: Norway
Estonia: Ukraine
Finland: Norway
France: Spain
Germany: Turkey
Greece: Turkey
Hungary: Romania
Iceland: Norway
Ireland: Azerbaijan
Israel: Armenia
Malta: United Kingdom
Montenegro: Bosnia
Poland: Ukraine
Romania: Greece
Russia: Ukraine
Spain: France
Sweden: Norway
Switzerland: Spain
Ukraine: Russia
United Kingdom: Armenia

manolo
05-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Albania: Croatia
Belarus: Ukraine
Bulgaria: Moldova
Czech Republic: Sweden
Denmark: Sweden
Estonia: Ukraine
Finland: Sweden
France: Armenia
Greece: Romania
Hungary: Germany
Iceland: Sweden
Ireland: Ukraine
Israel: Russia
Malta: Spain
Montenegro: Croatia
Poland: Germany
Romania: Greece
Russia: Ukraine
Spain: Ukraine
Sweden: Iceland
Switzerland: Spain
United Kingdom: Sweden

dryrunguy
05-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Okay. Hopefully I find time tomorrow for part II.

Salmon, I really enjoyed watching the performances! This was such a neat idea. I wish I had started paying attention earlier. You have done such a great job with this... And I hadn't realized how much work you did on the front end! :shocked:

I wish I knew what to do with Sweden, which I absolutely hated... And Malta, who is supposed to be a contender, but I hated just about as much... And everyone from the Portugal and Romanian contingents should be SHOT!

But here goes on Part 1:

1. Iceland (absolutely loved EVERY second of it)
2. United Kingdom
3. Ukraine
4. Greece
5. Norway
6. Turkey
7. France
8. Spain
9. Estonia
10. Malta (ugh)

::

21. Romania
22. Moldova
23. Croatia
24. Germany
25. Portugal

Jay
05-15-2009, 10:32 PM
1: Norway (Spain should win, but Norway's gonna do it :( )
2: Spain
3: Azerbaijan (should be Ukraine's spot, though :( )
4: Turkey
5: Romania
6: Ukraine
7: Iceland
8: Armenia (This should be higher )
9: Estonia
10: Bosnia & Herzewhatever (fine, fine. I'll type it out. Herzegovina :p )

21st: Lithuania
22nd: Croatia
23rd: Denmark
24th: Germany
25th: Israel

Belarus :Ukraine
Bulgaria: Turkey
Czech Republic: Norway
Denmark: Sweden
Estonia: Iceland
France: Spain
Germany: Finland
Greece: Romania (Though, I suspect they'll be giving high points to Spain, but I'm not willing to take the chance :p )
Hungary: Moldova
Iceland: Norway
Ireland: Armenia
Israel: Russia
Malta: United Kingdom
Montenegro: Bosnia & Herzegovina
Romania: Moldova
Russia: Azerbaijan
Spain: Romania
Sweden: Spain
Switzerland: France
United Kingdom: Spain

oohsalmon
05-15-2009, 10:44 PM
Salmon, I really enjoyed watching the performances! This was such a neat idea. I wish I had started paying attention earlier. You have done such a great job with this... And I hadn't realized how much work you did on the front end! :shocked:

Thanks! And thanks for playing! :)

Tscott415
05-16-2009, 07:11 AM
1. Greece
2. Norway
3. Iceland
4. Spain
5. Bosnia & Herzegova
6. Azerbaijan
7. Turkey
8. Spain
9. Russia
10. Romania

21. Denmark
22. Germany
23. Lithuania
24. United Kingdom
25. Portugal

Tscott415
05-16-2009, 07:34 AM
Belarus: Russia
Bulgaria: Greece
Czech Republic: Armenia
Denmark:Norway
Estonia: Russia
Finland:Estonia
France:Turkey
Greece:Azerbaijan
Hungary:Azerbaijan
Iceland:Norway
Ireland:United Kingdom
Israel:Russia
Malta:Norway
Montenegro:Bosnia & Herzegovina
Poland:Russia
Romania:Greece
Russia:Belarus
Spain:Romania
Sweden:Norway
Switzerland:Bosnia & Herzegovina
Ukraine:Russia
United Kingdom:Greece

dryrunguy
05-16-2009, 07:49 AM
I have absolutely no clue... Blind shots into the darkness...

Albania: Armenia
Armenia: Greece
Belarus: Estonia
Bulgaria: Greece
Czech Republic: Turkey
Denmark: Iceland
Estonia: Iceland
France: Iceland
Germany: Spain
Greece: Albania
Hungary: Bosnia & Herzogovina
Iceland: Sweden
Ireland: Iceland
Israel: United Kingdom
Malta: Ukraine
Montenegro: Russia
Romania: Norway
Russia: Azerbaijan
Spain: Portugal
Sweden: Iceland
Switzerland: Greece
Ukraine: Estonia
United Kingdom: Finland

oohsalmon
05-16-2009, 09:28 AM
2. Norway

21. Norway

I like it! :cheesy:

About four hours left folks! This contest will officially close when the Eurovision televoting ends. I can't give an exact time for sure, but it's in around four hours from now...

So if you want to watch live on the stream linked to in the Eurovision 2009 thread and change your results up until then, by all means :)

Tscott415
05-16-2009, 09:33 AM
I like it! :cheesy:

About four hours left folks! This contest will officially close when the Eurovision televoting ends. I can't give an exact time for sure, but it's in around four hours from now...

So if you want to watch live on the stream linked to in the Eurovision 2009 thread and change your results up until then, by all means :)

:cheesy: Oops. My bad...

Scotty
05-16-2009, 10:28 AM
1. Greece
2. Norway (ugh!)
3. Estonia
4. Iceland
5. Spain
6. France
7. Ukraine
8. Turkey
9. Azerbaijan
10. Romania

21. Albania
22. Lithuania
23. Malta
24. Israel
25. UK

Scotty
05-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Albania - Greece
Armenia - Greece
Belarus - Estonia
Bulgaria - Romania
Czech Republic - France
Denmark - Sweden
Estonia - Iceland
Finland - Estonia
France - Turkey
Germany - Turkey
Greece - Romania
Hungary - Croatia
Iceland - Norway
Ireland - Iceland
Israel - Ukraine
Malta - United Kingdom
Montenegro - Bosnia & Herzegovina
Poland - Ukraine
Romania - Moldova
Russia - France
Spain - Romania
Sweden - Norway
Switzerland - France
Ukraine - Armenia
United Kingdom - Greece

Tscott415
05-16-2009, 11:56 AM
only a few minutes left till the Eurovision finale starts!

oohsalmon
05-16-2009, 06:58 PM
The most relevant results (that are available now):

1. Norway
2. Iceland
3. Azerbaijan
4. Turkey
5. United Kingdom
6. Estonia
7. Greece
8. France
9. Bosnia & Herzegovina
10. Armenia
21. Sweden
22. Malta
23. Lithuania
24. Spain
25. Finland

Points from the select countries:

Albania - Greece, Turkey, United Kingdom, Norway, Iceland, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Azerbaijan, Germany, France, Sweden
Armenia - Russia, Greece, Norway, United Kingdom, France, Iceland, Turkey, Ukraine, Moldova, Azerbaijan
Belarus - Norway, Azerbaijan, Russia, France, Ukraine, Greece, Estonia, United Kingdom, Iceland, Armenia
Bulgaria - Greece, Turkey, Azerbaijan, United Kingdom, Armenia, Iceland, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Finland, Norway, Lithuania
Czech Republic - Armenia, Azerbaijan, Russia, Portugal, United Kingdom, Ukraine, Israel, Norway, Iceland, Turkey
Denmark - Norway, Iceland, Azerbaijan, Germany, Turkey, Estonia, Sweden, United Kingdom, France, Lithuania
Estonia - Norway, Russia, Iceland, Azerbaijan, Sweden, Israel, Finland, Portugal, Lithuania, Albania
Finland - Estonia, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Turkey, France, Malta, Azerbaijan, Armenia
France - Turkey, Israel, Norway, Portugal, Armenia, Denmark, United Kingdom, Germany, Sweden, Azerbaijan
Germany - Norway, Turkey, United Kingdom, Iceland, Greece, Russia, Malta, France, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Estonia
Greece - United Kingdom, Norway, Azerbaijan, Albania, France, Estonia, Iceland, Turkey, Croatia, Spain
Hungary - Norway, Azerbaijan, Ukraine, Iceland, Estonia, Turkey, Greece, Denmark, Albania, United Kingdom
Iceland - Norway, Estonia, Finland, Portugal, France, Armenia, Denmark, Sweden, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia
Ireland - Iceland, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Lithuania, Estonia, Malta, Denmark, France, Romania, Germany
Israel - Norway, Iceland, Armenia, Russia, Azerbaijan, France, United Kingdom, Turkey, Ukraine, Moldova
Malta - Iceland, United Kingdom, Norway, Greece, Denmark Turkey, Sweden, Finland, Ukraine, Azerbaijan
Montenegro - Bosnia & Herzegovina, Norway, Croatia, Albania, Azerbaijan, Iceland, Israel, Turkey, Greece, France
Poland - Norway, Ukraine, Estonia, Denmark, Azerbaijan, Moldova, United Kingdom, Russia, Armenia, Iceland
Romania - Moldova, Iceland, Greece, Armenia, Turkey, Norway, Azerbaijan, Malta, Denmark, Estonia
Russia - Norway, France, Estonia, Azerbaijan, United Kingdom, Armenia, Greece, Iceland, Ukraine, Moldova
Spain - Norway, United Kingdom, Portugal, Romania, Ukraine, Moldova, Armenia, France, Turkey, Greece
Sweden - Norway, Iceland, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Turkey, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Finland, Armenia, Greece, Albania
Switzerland - Turkey, Portugal, Norway, France, Albania, Iceland, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Spain, Greece, Israel
Ukraine - Norway, Azerbaijan, Russia, Moldova, United Kingdom, Denmark, Estonia, France, Armenia, Israel
United Kingdom - Turkey, Norway, Iceland, Germany, Malta, Greece, Lithuania, Azerbaijan, Ukraine, France

oohsalmon
05-16-2009, 11:18 PM
TAT Eurovision 2009 Contest Scoreboard!!!
Part 1:

Place Finish Points

Contestant|Total Points|Norway Prediction (1st)|Norway Points|Iceland Prediction (2nd)|Iceland Points|Azerbaijan Prediction (3rd)|Azerbaijan Points|Turkey Prediction (4th)|Turkey Points|United Kingdom Prediction (5th)|United Kingdom Points|Estonia Prediction (6th)|Estonia Points|Greece Prediction (7th)|Greece Points|France Prediction (8th)|France Points|Bosnia & Herzegovina Prediction (9th)|Bosnia & Herzegovina Points|Armenia Prediction (10th)|Armenia Points|Sweden Prediction (21st)|Sweden Points|Malta Prediction (22nd)|Malta Points|Lithuania Prediction (23rd)|Lithuania Points|Spain Prediction (24th)|Spain Points|Finland Prediction (25th)|Finland Points
manolo|73|None|0|4th|33|None|0|None|0|None|0|7th|2 5|None|0|None|0|None|0|9th|5|None|0|25th|5|23rd|30 |None|0|None|0
luvs10s|186|2nd|60|5th|25|7th|20|1st|18|3rd|20|Non e|0|None|0|8th|30|10th|10|None|0|23rd|3|None|0|Non e|0|None|0|None|0
Togtdyalttai|271|1st|120|None|0|2nd|40|10th|10|Non e|0|6th|50|7th|40|None|0|None|0|4th|1|None|0|23rd| 10|None|0|None|0|None|0
oohsalmon|269|2nd|60|7th|17|3rd|80|5th|35|None|0|6 th|50|8th|20|None|0|1st|2|9th|5|None|0|None|0|None |0|None|0|None|0
dryrunguy|150|5th|24|1st|50|None|0|6th|23|2nd|15|9 th|13|4th|10|7th|15|None|0|None|0|None|0|None|0|No ne|0|None|0|None|0
Jessie181|323|1st|120|7th|17|3rd|80|4th|70|None|0| 9th|13|None|0|None|0|10th|10|8th|3|None|0|None|0|2 1st|10|None|0|None|0
Tscott415|188|2nd|60|3rd|50|6th|20|7th|18|None|0|N one|0|1st|6|None|0|5th|4|None|0|None|0|None|0|23rd |30|None|0|None|0
Scotty|172|2nd|60|4th|33|9th|11|8th|14|None|0|3rd| 13|1st|6|6th|10|None|0|None|0|None|0|23rd|10|22nd| 15|None|0|None|0

Jay
05-16-2009, 11:37 PM
woohoo! 1st place after the first part! :banana:
(though, I'm sure that's going to disappear after the second part)

Togtdyalttai
05-17-2009, 07:27 AM

That's a pretty sizeable lead, methinks. Nothing like the one Norway built up yesterday though. :rolleyes:

Miles
05-17-2009, 11:03 AM
For the first time I just sampled two Eurovision clips, Norway and Germany. It appears the finals of Eurovision was nothing more than a large scale lip-syncing contest. At this rate, American can submit Britney Spears and we would win hands down.

luvs10s
05-17-2009, 11:04 AM
For the first time I just sampled two Eurovision clips, Norway and Germany. It appears the finals of Eurovision was nothing more than a large scale lip-syncing contest. At this rate, American can submit Britney Spears and we would win hands down.

rofl

dryrunguy
05-17-2009, 11:09 AM

You picked two of the nuttiest ones!

And if you think those are bad, check out Serbia! :shocked:

morct
05-17-2009, 11:42 AM
You picked two of the nuttiest ones!

And if you think those are bad, check out Serbia! :shocked:

Don't forget the Ukraine entry!

manolo
05-17-2009, 11:52 AM

Congratulations!

Ouch, I'm last with less than half the points of the one ahead of me... bad strategy.

dryrunguy
05-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Don't forget the Ukraine entry!

Nah. I have the utmost respect for gratuitous, senseless sleaze... ;)

mmmm8
05-17-2009, 02:32 PM

Actually, everything is performed live, it's a requirement of the competition.

And I think you could definitely tell with the German guy, his delivery was atrocious

Miles
05-17-2009, 02:43 PM

And I think you could definitely tell with the German guy, his delivery was atrocious

I don't know mmmm8, the sound mixing was just a little too good for a live boradcast. Maybe they were lip-syncing to a previously recorded live track.

Remember a few years back, the reality show Rock Star with INXS? The singers on that show sounded incredible, each one was better than anyone else on American Idol and I wondered why. Then a friend who worked on the show told me each episode was recorded early in the morning of the day of broadcast. Then the performances were re-mixed in a sound studio before broadcast that night.

Since this thing was broadcast live, I'm willing to bet they were lip-syncing to a previously recorded live track which was re-mixed for the live broadcast.

tinamarie
05-17-2009, 02:47 PM

he is American, actually.:) (but currently living in Munich).

mmmm8
05-17-2009, 02:49 PM
I don't know mmmm8, the sound mixing was just a little too good for a live boradcast. Maybe they were lip-syncing to a previously recorded live track.

Remember a few years back, the reality show Rock Star with INXS? The singers on that show sounded incredible, each one was better than anyone else on American Idol and I wondered why. Then a friend who worked on the show told me each episode was recorded early in the morning of the day of broadcast. Then the performances were re-mixed in a sound studio before broadcast that night.

Since this thing was broadcast live, I'm willing to bet they were lip-syncing to a previously recorded live track which was re-mixed for the live broadcast.

The back vocals were pre-recorded, I think, because when Ukraine did her twirls and drum banding, her mouth was closed, but the background voice kept singing (and it was her voice). Maybe there were also some undertones pre-recorded to make the voices sound fuller. But their mics were on.

Yeah, heard that about the Rock Star show

mmmm8
05-17-2009, 02:50 PM
he is American, actually.:) (but currently living in Munich).

Really? So, he qualified by living in Munich, and Dita von Teese by taking on a German pseudonym? :cheesy: Why did they underutilize her so much, btw?

Scotty
05-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Miles, if you want to see/hear a good one, here's Iceland. Placed second overall. Nice, simple, well-sung ballad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skYZeWamLL8

tinamarie
05-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Really? So, he qualified by living in Munich, and Dita von Teese by taking on a German pseudonym? :cheesy: Why did they underutilize her so much, btw?

I did not follow eurovision at all this year, except for salmon's comments and whatever random info they had on the radio yesterday and today.

So I don't really know how he qualified, but the other part of the team Alex Christensen is a pretty successful German producer, DJ and composer and I think he is the main reason why the band was chosen to compete in Moscow. (Yeah, it was a jury's choice btw, they were not publicly voted to go) But Oscar being American landed them an invation by Oprah and something else on CNN, so maybe they try start a career over there as they were not really succcessful here. :cheesy:

As for Dita: she was told to cover up by the organizers because they were afraid she could offend viewers by showing too much skin.

Miles
05-17-2009, 06:35 PM
The back vocals were pre-recorded, I think, because when Ukraine did her twirls and drum banding, her mouth was closed, but the background voice kept singing (and it was her voice). Maybe there were also some undertones pre-recorded to make the voices sound fuller. But their mics were on.

The mics are always on, so that isn't necessarily a clue. Even Britney's mic is always on, so when she spews nonsense such as, "my p***y is hanging out", the whole audience hears it.

If indeed the whole thing was live, the sound engineers deserve an award. Even the Grammys don't sound that good.

oohsalmon
05-17-2009, 07:39 PM
All the vocals are live, the sound engineers do deserve awards :D. There is strict enforcement on the rule of no backup singers--Croatia got DQed or sanctioned or something back in the 90s when they had ambient noises in one of their instrumental tracks that judges thought sounded too much like human voices.

For Ukraine, they hired a sound-alike backup singer to take over while she was drumming. Their two backup singers were dressed in silver on the sides of the stage.

dryrunguy
05-17-2009, 08:06 PM
Okay. I've been humming and singing the Iceland tune all day. Can't get it out of my head. :cheesy:

Jay
05-18-2009, 04:52 AM
We're waiting for the second part to be posted, Salmon :p

Tscott415
05-19-2009, 03:14 PM
And the winner is....

OohSalmon!!!

Congrats to the organizer of the contest! Oohsalmon's consistent results gave him a large victory with the closest competitor over 50 points behind him. Also, shout out to yours truly, TScott, for his top scores in part two of the contest which landed him a solid third place finish. But also congrats to Jessie for finishing in second by a mere 4 point margin after his win in part 1!

And again thanks to Oohsalmon for his great contest idea and all of the hard work he put into the contest! Here are your final point totals:

Contestant|Part 1 Points|Part 2 Points|Total Points
manolo|73|112|185
luvs10s|186|0|186
Togtdyalttai|271|240|511
oohsalmon|269|325|594
dryrunguy|150|141|291
Jessie181|323|215|538
Tscott415|188|346|534
Scotty|172|281|453

dryrunguy
05-19-2009, 03:17 PM
Thanks, Salmon!

And thanks tscott for posting the results!

manolo
05-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Any congratulations to manolo for having finished a consistent last in both parts of the contest? :)

Congrats, salmon, and thanks for organizing this! Looking forward to next year's edition (If I eventually get over my disgust over Norway's win, that is) !

Jay
05-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Congrats, salmon. :)

woot! I am in second! NICE :D

Togtdyalttai
05-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Congrats and thanks, Salmon, and thanks Tscott.

Scotty
05-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Congrats salmon! Well done Jessie and Tscott.

oohsalmon
05-29-2009, 03:18 AM
Hello from Europe, home of Eurovision!

Thanks to Ts for putting up the results--I texted him the second part scores from JFK, and he did all the summing for me. Just now checking this thread--Yay for FINALLY winning one of my own contests, on about the twentieth try. :D

Thanks again to everyone who played, and I am hoping all of you (and more) come back to play it next year!