PDA

View Full Version : Yahtzee Question

TennisAnyone74
03-27-2009, 11:19 PM
I played a game not long ago and got like 3 or 4 yahtzees in the game. When you score in "real" yahtzee, you can substitute your second, third, etc. yahtzee for another score like a small or large straight, plus you get a bonus 100 points. Why doesn't this work on our yahtzee game? :(

TA

dryrunguy
05-05-2009, 10:16 AM
I played a game not long ago and got like 3 or 4 yahtzees in the game. When you score in "real" yahtzee, you can substitute your second, third, etc. yahtzee for another score like a small or large straight, plus you get a bonus 100 points. Why doesn't this work on our yahtzee game? :(

TA

I have no idea, TA. As far as I know, we more or less "borrow" the games and add them to the arcade. We have no way of manipulating how they work. At least that's my understanding.

Kirkus
05-05-2009, 10:58 AM

TA

I have no idea, TA. As far as I know, we more or less "borrow" the games and add them to the arcade. We have no way of manipulating how they work. At least that's my understanding.

Dry's correct. The games we install in the arcade are simply the way they are.

I thought the same thing, TA, when we first installed Yahtzee. I come from a family of Yahtzee players and it was a little disappointing when I first played our arcade version. But now that I've gotten used to it, I'm hooked anyway. :)

ptmcmahon
05-05-2009, 12:00 PM

TA

You get 3-4 yahtzees in a game?

tennisbrp
05-05-2009, 12:13 PM
You get 3-4 yahtzees in a game?

I got 4 Yahtzees once as well....and LOST the tournament match so it is not that useful unless you get 5's and 6's.

Kirkus
05-05-2009, 12:45 PM
I got 4 Yahtzees once as well....and LOST the tournament match so it is not that useful unless you get 5's and 6's.

Exactly!!

dryrunguy
05-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Exactly!!

I only get Yahtzees of 5s and 6s when I already have my Yahtzee, my 5s, my 6s, my 4 of a kind, my 3 of a kind and Chance... But really need two 2s to get the 35 points up top. :rolleyes:

Kirkus
05-05-2009, 01:17 PM
I only get Yahtzees of 5s and 6s when I already have my Yahtzee, my 5s, my 6s, my 4 of a kind, my 3 of a kind and Chance... But really need two 2s to get the 35 points up top. :rolleyes:

:hyst:

I understand.

luvs10s
05-06-2009, 05:52 AM
I must be doing something wrong - I don't think I've ever thrown a Yahtzee :sad: