PDA

View Full Version : AMitS III - The Yarra River Lounge

oploskoffie
12-15-2008, 12:47 PM
It's back. Time to talk. Mingle. Sing. Curse your luck/a player without Dumpsterizing this place! There's only one Yarr River Lounge, so take care of it :cool:

First round of banana, mango and strawberry smoothies is on me :D

Charlie02123
12-16-2008, 11:57 PM
I'm excited! I'm starting to look at entry lists. (The Doha link didn't work for me, btw.)

Woot woot!

oploskoffie
12-17-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm excited! I'm starting to look at entry lists. (The Doha link didn't work for me, btw.)

Woot woot!

I think the Doha link currently doesn't even work for the people running the tournament :cheesy: Ah well, with a little patience all should be fine soon enough.

Madame
12-30-2008, 09:06 AM
It is time to get back to work.
hum, am I going to play safe, crazy, frenchie ?

Anyway I suck at fantasy tennis, so let's play crazy frenchie !!! :cheesy:

:bleus:

missinandre
12-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Got a question for you Mr. Koffie....I notice that B. Mattek is on the list for the WTA in the player C category. Is it common to include players that ...won't be on the tour? Beth got married and she is looking to spend some time with her husband. According to what I read....she probably won't be back until Miami and...won't a Month in the Sun be over by then? (And also, I wanted to let the other players know that Beth wouldn't be playing so they wouldn't pick her for their teams)

ptmcmahon
12-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Imagine it was just taken by rankings

Miles
12-30-2008, 10:17 PM

There is a deep talent pool when it comes to crazy frenchies, good luck with that strategy madame.

oploskoffie
12-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Got a question for you Mr. Koffie....I notice that B. Mattek is on the list for the WTA in the player C category. Is it common to include players that ...won't be on the tour? Beth got married and she is looking to spend some time with her husband. According to what I read....she probably won't be back until Miami and...won't a Month in the Sun be over by then? (And also, I wanted to let the other players know that Beth wouldn't be playing so they wouldn't pick her for their teams)

Sister B. tying the knot and taking time off? If you could post a link to a (credible) source, I'll replace Bethanie as soon as possible :yes: (anybody feel like having Jelena Dokic on their team? :D) Thank you, Missin'!

oploskoffie
12-30-2008, 10:55 PM

Where to start, eyh? :p ;)

good luck, of course!

missinandre
12-31-2008, 03:59 AM
Sister B. tying the knot and taking time off? If you could post a link to a (credible) source, I'll replace Bethanie as soon as possible :yes: (anybody feel like having Jelena Dokic on their team? :D) Thank you, Missin'!

Oh oh oh oh oh oh JELENA!!!!!! I"m off to get that link! LOVE YA Mr. Koffie!

oploskoffie
01-02-2009, 01:45 AM
ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS!!!

We've found two late replacements for the pregnant Lindsay Davenport and the recently married Bethanie Mattek. These two TAT wildcards are: Urszula Radwanska and... Jelena Dokic!

Want to place Urszula and/or Jelena on your team? Then quickly check the player categories thread and update/submit your team before the entry deadline!!! :freekingout:

oploskoffie
01-03-2009, 04:34 PM
I like your team, Jessie :p I also like you posting it in the LAST flipping minute :rolleyes: ;)

dryrunguy
01-03-2009, 04:36 PM
I like your team, Jessie :p I also like you posting it in the LAST flipping minute :rolleyes: ;)

Procrastinators unite!

Charlie02123
01-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Procrastinators unite!
Sometime tomorrow...

Jay
01-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Procrastinators unite!

Sometime tomorrow...
word.:cool:

actually, I didn't remember about it until the last half hour :p

Foxykhat
01-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Koffie, what's with the bad luck you sent to MariaK? She retired against Sam!

Foxy

oploskoffie
01-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Koffie, what's with the bad luck you sent to MariaK? She retired against Sam!

Foxy

I wish MariaK nothing but the best of luck, so don't you go blaming me :mad:

now then... time to quickly dispose of my Maria voodoo doll...

nelslus
01-05-2009, 10:17 PM
UGGGGHHHHH. In my 2 trillion variations for my team, I had Gulbis most of the time. Finally decided to dump him out- since he'd be playing Novak in the 1st Round this week.

Well, at LEAST genius here has Nelslus-Fan-Favorite Djokovic on his team. :hyst: (Karma for nelslus, baby.)

GVGirl
01-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Thank you Ernests!!!! :banana:

suliso
01-05-2009, 10:21 PM
I had Djokovic too (and of course Gulbis), but just this time I COULDN'T CARE LESS :D

nelslus
01-05-2009, 10:25 PM
I had Djokovic too (and of course Gulbis), but just this time I COULDN'T CARE LESS :D

Nelslus alternate post: :thumbsup:

ptmcmahon
01-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Trades thread?

oploskoffie
01-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Trades thread?

And here it is ;) :)

http://forum.talkabouttennis.com/showthread.php?t=12748

oploskoffie
01-07-2009, 08:56 AM
The trade deadline for this week is at the start of play in Hobart (Moorilla Hobart International) somewhere between 10 and 11 AM local time on January 11. Keep this sunday start in mind everybody!

missinandre
01-07-2009, 09:02 AM
I'm just popping over to check on my team and something struck me when I checked the threads....

Jessie181 posted his team with FIVE MINUTES till MariaK closed the game? Ugh. Talk about cutting it CLOSE!

oploskoffie
01-07-2009, 09:24 AM
I'm just popping over to check on my team and something struck me when I checked the threads....

Jessie181 posted his team with FIVE MINUTES till MariaK closed the game? Ugh. Talk about cutting it CLOSE!

The word "tradition" comes to mind, in this case... :p

Jay
01-07-2009, 09:29 AM
I was out doing errands that day. I didn't notice the thread until the last half hour or so that it was still open. :p

oploskoffie
01-07-2009, 09:32 AM
I was out doing errands that day. It's not my fault that I didn't notice the thread until the last half hour or so :p

Sweety... You would seem to have missed the entire AMitS forum until that last hour, or so :p

Jay
01-07-2009, 09:34 AM
True.
:p

shtexas
01-08-2009, 07:58 AM
About the only good news I've had so far in any contest is that Mathieu and Keothavong are on my fantasy team. As for the rest of the team, predictions, etc., :mad:

dryrunguy
01-08-2009, 10:00 AM
I just don't have my contest juices flowing yet. It's a strange feeling. I keep catching myself rooting for who I like and not whipping out my assortment of player voodoo dolls as needed to suit my contest goals.

I need to get my ass in gear.

ptmcmahon
01-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Not me...I'm in full dyslexia mode. Having my predicted winners against my AMTIS players is tearing my allegiances.

shtexas
01-08-2009, 01:02 PM
I root for the players I want to win. If it means I go down in flames in a contest, so be it.

My biggest problem with fantasy tennis, since AMitS two years ago, is I keep putting too many of my faves on my team. I am trying to break the habit. But, Gasquet still made his way on. :rolleyes:

suliso
01-08-2009, 01:03 PM
My biggest problem with fantasy tennis, since AMitS two years ago, is I keep putting too many of my faves on my team. I am trying to break the habit. But, Gasquet still made his way on. :rolleyes:

Isn't that everyone's problem? It's more fun to win with people you like... :)

Drop-shot
01-08-2009, 03:56 PM
I just don't have my contest juices flowing yet. It's a strange feeling. I keep catching myself rooting for who I like and not whipping out my assortment of player voodoo dolls as needed to suit my contest goals.

I need to get my ass in gear.

Nahhh. You´re fine as you are. Don´t change a bit.

:cheesy:

Togtdyalttai
01-08-2009, 04:39 PM
When is the deadline for AO trades, Mr. Koffie?

patrick
01-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Chances are Sunday before Hobart and Sydney starts play. Therefore, Saturday evening in USA.

oploskoffie
01-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Chances are Sunday before Hobart and Sydney starts play. Therefore, Saturday evening in USA.

That would be for those two tournament, not the AO. ;)

Togtdyalttai: the AO trade deadline will be January 19 at the start of play, which I'm assuming will be at either 10 or 11 AM local time. For those in the US, that means somewhere sunday evening!

ptmcmahon
01-09-2009, 04:50 AM
Looks like another wacky year coming up. Never would've thought my last remaining male would be Schuettler. And Azarenka could be my best on the women's side!

Edit: In fact, Schuettler may outscore the rest of the men on my team. So far it's Schuettler 90, the other five 95. And he has 1 or 2 matches left.

ptmcmahon
01-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Are you kidding me? First 6 lines of the Sydney draw:

WTA main draw

(1)Serena Williams v Samantha Stosur
Sara Errani v Casey Dellacqua
Marion Bartoli v Q/LL
Dominika Cibulkova v (8)Caroline Wozniacki

(3)Elena Dementieva v Ekaterina Makarova
Victoria Azarenka v (wc)Jarmila Gajdosova

Includes ALL six of my female players - including newly acquired Serena facing Stosur in round 1, who I both have.

If I didn't think Serena was either winning this week or the AO, I'd probably re-think the trade...but think I'll stand pat. Stupid draw.

At least my Heinken draw looks good. Soderling and Kohlscriber both should be favored to make their semis. Surely Hrbaty is mentally spent after this week.

oploskoffie
01-10-2009, 12:54 AM
That's rough, ptmcmahon :( Hope the AO draw is a little kinder on your team!

oploskoffie
01-10-2009, 01:13 AM
The trade deadline for this week is at 11 AM, Sydney time, sunday January 11! :freekingout:

ptmcmahon
01-10-2009, 06:47 AM
That's rough, ptmcmahon :( Hope the AO draw is a little kinder on your team!

Yeah...and watch Bartoli make another final!!!

winston
01-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Don't quite know where to ask this. Will there be a results thread for this week's tournaments and next's, or is it just totaled after the AO.

patrick
01-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Don't quite know where to ask this. Will there be a results thread for this week's tournaments and next's, or is it just totaled after the AO.

After each tournament week, there is a result thread to see how contestants are doing.

winston
01-10-2009, 11:36 PM
After each tournament week, there is a result thread to see how contestants are doing.

Thanks. I love this place. You ask a question and you get a timely answer. Do you know how rare that is?

oploskoffie
01-11-2009, 12:41 AM

As Patrick said: yup ;) I'll Try to get it posted today - tomorrow at the latest.

suliso
01-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Hobart tournament is like my last chance to catch up with anyone. Only 4 posters have anyone left - me with Kvitova and Pavlyuchenkova, Doc_P with Razzano, evil_juju with Pabllyuchenkova and lukeorion with Dulko.

Too bad Nastya and Petra are playing each other next... :(

ptmcmahon
01-13-2009, 07:31 AM
And too bad Sydney is worth more points.

suliso
01-13-2009, 07:36 AM
And too bad Sydney is worth more points.

Sydney will be great too as long as it's Safina-Serena or Safina-Wozniacki final. :cool:

ptmcmahon
01-15-2009, 12:01 PM
I guess one week before AO you can't be too surprised...but that's 4 withdrawals this week for me... so far! Hope at least 2 of them are playing AO (since I have 2 trades left.)

ptmcmahon
01-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Was about to curse Serena for losing...then remembered I have Elena too! And my Soderling trade might be decent - could be my top male this week!

ptmcmahon
01-16-2009, 06:26 AM
So much for my secret plan of a Soderling - Baghdatis final!

oploskoffie
01-16-2009, 07:00 AM
So much for my secret plan of a Soderling - Baghdatis final!

You did get one quarter of the way there ;)

ptmcmahon
01-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Oh I meant for AO. They're drawn to meet in R2 if they make it

ptmcmahon
01-25-2009, 06:30 AM
Not that I have any chance left really anyways...but the draw gods are out to get me now. My last three men are Djokovic and Baghdatis (who are playing now) and Roddick (who the winner plays.)

My last three women are Vika and Serena who play next - and Dementieva (who's on the same half)

ptmcmahon
01-27-2009, 04:28 AM
My dream of a Roddick victory still exists! I wonder how high that could possibly take me...would top 10 be hoping too much?

Doc_P
01-27-2009, 05:23 AM
I am bummed that i lost Murray, but still have Roger
On the women's side; I lost Azarenka; but still have (a shaky) Safina and Elena (my pick to win it all)
so hope springs eternal....

oploskoffie
01-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Not sure about that Top-10 ranking, ptmcmahon, but there aren't many teams with Andy on board, so he's a big help. And, like Doc_P said, hope springs eternal!

ptmcmahon
01-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Yeah I'm doubting the top 10 too...but ya never know I guess! I'm doubting that I may finish in the top 10 of ANY of the contests.

garp6
01-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Yeah I'm doubting the top 10 too...but ya never know I guess! I'm doubting that I may finish in the top 10 of ANY of the contests.

Not many with Roddick for sure. Just you and me that I know of. I'd happily sacrifice position in the contest for Federer's 14th Slam.

I was in 12th or something so I went away from the Murray-Fed strategy of others and took Roddick-Nadal. No other way to win.

Good luck!