PDA

View Full Version : The BS Lounge

Charlie02123
12-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Here's a place to discuss all things BS! :cheesy:

Charlie02123
12-04-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm surprised at how many people think Jankovic is going to win the French next year! I can't decide what her best slam will be. I'm leaning towards the USO, but I'm not sure. She's pretty darn good at all of them.

patrick
12-04-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm surprised at how many people think Jankovic is going to win the French next year! I can't decide what her best slam will be. I'm leaning towards the USO, but I'm not sure. She's pretty darn good at all of them.

Agree that Jelena is good at all Slams but the Williams Sisters and Sharapova are a half-step above her in the "fast" Slams.

suliso
12-04-2008, 06:42 PM
The big question is whether Maria's shoulder will be 100% or not? I am betting on it being healed and Maria finishing #1, but who knows...

Kirkus
12-04-2008, 06:51 PM
There's just something oddly attractive about a place called The BS Lounge.

ptmcmahon
01-31-2009, 05:09 PM
Checking my WTA picks so far...my best picks:

2 Serena Williams - Australian Open - W
7 Zvonareva - Australian Open - SF
3 Safina - French Open - F
Tiebreaker #1: #15 Azarenka - Austrlian Open - R4

Safina is the right level at least...just wrong event.

Worst pick:

8 Kuznetsova - French Open - QF

shtexas
01-31-2009, 05:31 PM
Looking at my ATP picks:

Two very bad ones:

Novak winning the Australian
Tiebreak #1: Verdasco 4th round Wimbledon

One that could work out:

Simon - qf; Australian

shtexas
01-31-2009, 05:33 PM
Looking at my WTA choices, I'm sorry I entered.

ptmcmahon
01-31-2009, 05:37 PM
At least you have the 1 point for a Serena win somewheres...(like almost all of us don't have that one) :p

ptmcmahon
02-02-2009, 09:00 AM
As for the men...I'm pretty sure we all picked Nadal to win a Slam...but did anyone pick the AO? Probably won't matter anyways of course.

My Fed pick of only making a final is good...well for now.Not many had that (most had him as a winner) - but the wat he played looks like it might not hold up.

Picking Tsonga to make AO final was bad though. Roddick I've already underestimated, but that's fine by me!

patrick
02-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Will Charlie will have a scoreboard update on how people are doing so far?

Charlie02123
02-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Will Charlie will have a scoreboard update on how people are doing so far?
Coming soon!

oohsalmon
02-02-2009, 12:36 PM
My Zvonareva pick is perfect so far, and I'm betting it will hold up. But my Kuznetsova pick (R32 Wimbledon) was way wrong, but way fun all the same.

Charlie02123
02-02-2009, 12:44 PM
My Zvonareva pick is perfect so far, and I'm betting it will hold up. But my Kuznetsova pick (R32 Wimbledon) was way wrong, but way fun all the same.
Kuznetsova was probably the most underestimated out of all the players.

Charlie02123
02-02-2009, 12:45 PM
I just finished scoring the WTA. It's a pain in the ass to figure out "points possible," which is pretty important after only one slam. Now I just need to figure out how to make a table!

suliso
02-02-2009, 12:46 PM
I had Serena win AO and Kuznetsova, Tsonga QF, but otherwise it was a disaster. Underestimated Safina, Dementieva and Zvonareva already... :(

patrick
02-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Got Serena on the money and if she wins another Slam, I will add another point :)

Got Svetlana good unless she goes farther in the other Slams.

Underestimated Dinara on what round she will go

Charlie02123
05-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Don't forget about this contest! With some top players going out early at the French, it could change up some scores.

I'll make sure to post full scores after the French is over. Sorry I didn't get to it after the AO. I scored one side, and could not, for the life of me, figure out how to make a 'table,' and then completely forgot about it. :p

ptmcmahon
05-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Didn't forget, was just waiting until after the slam ends to check :)

That said, now I'm gonna go look at my picks...and see how I'm doing so far.

ptmcmahon
05-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Hmmm...need one more win from Davydenko to get that right. Funny though, my tiebreaker was Verdasco to get to the Roland Garros qf too! (but he's already bested that) Those were my only men's RG picks.

For women...I had Safina in the final (so far so good), Ivanovic winning it (still possible!), and Sveta making the QF - all still possible.

ptmcmahon
05-31-2009, 02:29 PM
A lot of people lose a potential point for saying Rafa's best slam would be the French Open! Of course most of us already have a point for saying his best result would be a win.

I had picked his best slam result at Wimbledon, so I'll still need him to win that for this upset to help me at all.

OlderfanCA
05-31-2009, 03:35 PM
The big question is whether Maria's shoulder will be 100% or not? I am betting on it being healed and Maria finishing #1, but who knows...

This is just an intuitive response, but I think that Sharapova will never recover back to her old self. I think that shoulder injury is similar to Andre Agassi's back injury. I think she can manage success for a while when that shoulder is good, but when it is bad.... don't like her chances at all.

Charlie02123
06-08-2009, 03:40 AM
I'm done grading for the WTA! I have everyone's correct number of slams, rounds, and bonus points. I also figured out everyone's points possible. It was super boring and took forever!

Now all I need to do is grade the ATP and then figure out how to make a table.

ptmcmahon
07-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Now that we're at the finals...time to peek at how I'm doing...

1 Nadal - Wimbledon - W
2 Federer - Wimbledon - F
4 Murray - US Open - W
8 Roddick - Wimbledon - QF

Well, obviously not Nadal's best event was it? AO is still leading! Wow. Federer needs to win for me just to get one of the two points. I still have a decent chance for at least one point with Murray. And looks like at least I get the right slam for Roddick...although result is obviously wrong.

Here are the players:

6 Venus Williams - Wimbledon - W
9 Sharapova - US Open - SF

Venus looks like a good pick so far, possibly even for both points. Glad I didn't think Sharapova would do well here.

ptmcmahon
07-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Damn, Venus didn't win. Oh well, odds are she won't win USO right?

Should we expect a scoreboard update before USO? :)

Charlie02123
07-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Damn, Venus didn't win. Oh well, odds are she won't win USO right?

Should we expect a scoreboard update before USO? :)
You ask so much!

Yes.

Charlie02123
08-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Well that update before the USO didn't exactly work out.

BUT...

THIS IS THE FINAL STOP!!!!!

Check your predictions.

Who. Will. Win?

ptmcmahon
09-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Pretty scary to look at how I'm doing...I'm having an overall terrible USO at every competition I'm in basically!

4 Murray - US Open - W
7 Simon - US Open - SF
10 Blake - US Open - QF

Ugh....

1 Jankovic - US Open - W
4 Dementieva - US Open - F
9 Sharapova - US Open - SF

Double ugh...I don't think I'm getting many points for the US Open!

The most surprising thing for me to see is...Blake was top 10 this year? :)