PDA

View Full Version : 20/20 Cricket

Foxykhat
11-02-2008, 11:07 AM
I know most of you don't understand or care for Cricket but ESPN2 is presently showing the Allan Stanford 20/20 match from last night in Antigua between Stanford Superstars and England.

They played for 20 Million US Dollars, (yep the winning team got 20 Million dollars for basically 3 hours of work)

So it's 20 overs for each team.

Mr Stanford is from Texas and I guess rich enough to throw around that kind of money.

Anyone interested and or not busy can tune in.

Foxy

P.S. They are presently giving you the basics of cricket

rabbit
11-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks so much for this thread, Foxy!

Foxykhat
11-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks so much for this thread, Foxy!

You are most welcome, Rabbit.

Of course, they are not showing whole match (skipping some of the overs) but it's still awesome. I was at a Halloween party last night and most people spent the time around the tv watching it.

Limited Overs cricket is my fave.

Foxy

wycombe7
11-02-2008, 01:01 PM
What was the reaction to it like in the West Indies? It seems as though the team has really come together with it.

It's been treated as pretty much a shambles from England's point of view (of course helped by the team themselves!).

It'll be interesting to see if it gets repeated next year.

Foxykhat
11-02-2008, 01:39 PM
What was the reaction to it like in the West Indies? It seems as though the team has really come together with it.

It's been treated as pretty much a shambles from England's point of view (of course helped by the team themselves!).

It'll be interesting to see if it gets repeated next year.

Not totally sure. I think feelings are mixed, there are some that feel that Stanford is doing more harm than good to West Indies Cricket. It's a pity our team the real West Indies team cannot play like this when they playing for our islands and not $$$.

Of course people are happy for the youngest, and glad the money stayed in the West Indies. Imagine US$1,000,000.00 is yours outright at the age of 20 years. I trust they use it wisely.

As for England what a total collapse, I expect so much more from Harmison, Flintoff and Pieterson et al but...

OAN: (0n another note) I see one of my fave players Anil Kumble calls it quit from test cricket.

Foxy

Scotty
11-02-2008, 03:25 PM
OK, y'all got me to watch this, and it was pretty entertaining. I had already missed England batting, so it was kinda like watching 2 guys bat for a really long inning. Not much drama in it, but I imagine there's usually more of a deficit to recover from.