PDA

View Full Version : Movie Quotes

Sebastien447
08-28-2004, 10:22 AM
Here are the top ten movie quotes according to The Guiness Book of Film:

1. "Bond. James Bond."
2. "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine"--Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca.
3. "It's not the men in your life that counts, it's the life in your men"--Mae West in I'm No Angel.
4. "I'll be back"--Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Terminator.
5. "Would you be shocked if I changed into something more comfortable?"--Jean Harlow in Hell's Angels.
6. "Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get"--Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump.
7. "I could dance with you till the cows come home. On second thought, I'd rather dance with the cows until you came home"--Groucho Marx in Duck Soup.
8. "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"--Clark Gable in Gone With The Wind.
9. "You talkin' to me?"--Robert De Niro in Taxi Driver.
10. "Gimme a whiskey with a ginger ale on the side--and don't be stingy, baby"--Greta Garbo in Anna Christie.

What other movie quotes would make YOUR top ten?

Kirkus
08-28-2004, 10:30 AM
"They don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference." Michael Douglas, The American President.

Feech
08-28-2004, 10:34 AM
Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

Sebastien447
08-28-2004, 11:23 AM
I LOVE that movie and that quote kirk ...

whacha think of this one?

Alan Shepard: Dear Lord, please don't let me f**k up.

Gordon Cooper: I didn't quite copy that. Say again, please.

Shepard: I said everything's A-OK.

- The Right Stuff

Feech
08-28-2004, 11:43 AM
I think in all fairness, I should explain to you exactly what it is that I do. For instance tomorrow morning ill get up nice and early, take a walk down over to the bank and... walk in and see and uh... if you don't have my money for me, I'll... crack your ****in' head wide-open in front of everybody in the bank. And just about the time I'm comin' out of jail, hopefully, you'll be coming out of your coma. And guess what? I'll split your ****in' head open again. 'Cause I'm ****in' stupid. I don't give a **** about jail. That's my business. That's what I do.

Kirkus
08-28-2004, 01:39 PM
Holy Crikey, Maynard!

My favorite movie of all time... The American President. Seen it, seriously, more than 30 times. I lost count. It's my comfort movie. That and, also by Aaron Sorkenson, Sports Night. I've seen both seasons at least 5 times. God bless DVDs!!

Sebastien447
08-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Haven't seen Sports Night, but I guess I should eh ::)

Here's one of MY "thirty timers" ... probably more ... come to think of it, A LOT more! :P

Carl: So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking.

So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one---big hitter, the Lama---long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? "Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga."

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

- Caddyshack

Kirkus
08-29-2004, 07:35 AM
LOL. Never seen Caddy Shack. Tell you what. I'll watch Caddy Shack if you catch a few episodes of Sports Night. It's on the Comedy Channel now and again.

Feech
08-29-2004, 09:17 AM
Even the old man has seen CADDYSHACK KIRK, what cave do you live in

and yuz all will be thrilled to know that I thought of another quote from what surely has been easy to see as my favorite movie

"A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."

which just goes to show that the quote mob isn't all bad as has been commonly misconceptualized

Feech
08-30-2004, 09:37 AM
As much as I would never dream of hogging a thread

This one happens to be the only one that I read for pleasure

So if I might be so bold as to interrupt yuz esteemed posters with a small token of wisdom from my favorite movie ...

"A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns."

Feech
09-05-2004, 09:43 AM
I see the wildly popular movie quotes is still every posters favorite forum. Yuz guyz and your tennis balls

here's one from my second favorite movie when Tommy tells his ma ...

sure, mom, I settle down with a nice girl every night, then I'm free the next morning

Sebastien447
09-05-2004, 11:57 AM
ya know, that top 10 is missing some biggies ...

"Go ahead punk ... make my day" - Clint

"You can't handle the truth" - Jack

Kirkus
09-05-2004, 12:07 PM
I'm calling the organization of the United Brotherhood of It's None of Your Damn Business, Lewis. I'll be with you in a second.
Michael Douglas - The American President

The symbol of your country cannot just be a flag. The symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Now show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then you can stand up and sing about the land of the free.
Michael Douglas - The American President

Kirkus
09-05-2004, 12:12 PM
Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?
Peter Graves, Airplane

Kirkus
09-05-2004, 12:19 PM
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Sebastien447
09-05-2004, 12:47 PM
"now go away or I will taunt you a second time!"

- same film AND scene ... I think

Kirkus
09-05-2004, 12:56 PM
LOL! Yep. Same film and scene.

Feech
09-06-2004, 08:16 AM
the story of my life from my second favorite movie of all time

Today everything is different. There's no action. I have to wait around like everyone else. Can't even get decent food. Right after I got here I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce and I got egg noodles and ketchup. I'm an average nobody. I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook.

gernaserna
09-06-2004, 11:37 AM
Here is one from a Science Fiction movie:
Get away from her you Bitch! Sigourney Weaver in Aliens. (Ripley to the queen mother alien) Just love Sigourney!!!

Thanks, Gerna

Kirkus
09-06-2004, 12:08 PM
I get it! The clown can stay, but the Ferengi in the gorilla suit has to leave! I get it!

Brent Spiner as Lt. Commander Data, Star Trek: Generations

Feech
09-08-2004, 06:20 AM
one of the greatest scenes ever from the second greatest movie of all time

[Henry, Jimmy and Tommy are digging with shovels to find Batts' corpse. Henry is sickened by the stench, but the others don't appear to be bothered]

Tommy DeVito : Hey Henry, Henry, hurry up will you? My mother's gonna make some fried peppers and sausage for us. Oh hey, Henry, Henry. Here's an arm.

Henry Hill : Very funny, guys.

Tommy DeVito : Hey, here's a leg. Here's a wing.
[He laughs]

Tommy DeVito : Hey, what do you like, the leg or the wing, Henry? Or do you still go for the old hearts and lungs?

[Henry vomits]

DjTiesto
09-10-2004, 01:52 AM
Feech has good taste.

The list is missing two all-time classics, however:

Say "hello" to my litto' friend!![i] - Scarface

&

[i]I'll make you an offer you can't refuse - The Godfather

This is one of my favorites, it goes something like this:

"He's a good looking boy. I don't know whether to fight him or f**k him." - Raging Bull

Feech
09-10-2004, 04:23 AM
Those are all fine films all of them Mr. Djtiesto. I also like it when Jake says "You punch like you take it up the ass."

I agree with yuz that quote from Scarface should be top 10. And this one is good too.

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

DjTiesto
09-10-2004, 04:45 AM
lol, too many great lines from Mr. LaMotta.

Pesci + DeNiro = best duo

Oh, here's another one.

Just when I try to get out, they pull me back in! - The Godfather 3

Sebastien447
09-10-2004, 07:31 AM
Good God ... could we get away from the macabre for just a bit?! And KIRKI, if you say that you haven't seen this movie I'm coming to your house tonight with the DVD and we're going to sit down on the couch and laugh our asses off!

Jefferson's kid brother: My brother's gonna shit! My brother's gonna kill us!

Spicoli: Well, make up you're mind dude, is he gonna shit, or is he gonna kill us?

Jefferson's kid brother: First he's gonna sh!t! Then he's gonna kill us!

Spicoli: Don't worry about it, dude. My old man is a television repairman. Got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

Kirkus
09-10-2004, 08:28 AM
Good God ... could we get away from the macabre for just a bit?! And KIRKI, if you say that you haven't seen this movie I'm coming to your house tonight with the DVD and we're going to sit down on the couch and laugh our asses off!

Jefferson's kid brother: My brother's gonna shit! My brother's gonna kill us!

Spicoli: Well, make up you're mind dude, is he gonna shit, or is he gonna kill us?

Jefferson's kid brother: First he's gonna sh!t! Then he's gonna kill us!

Spicoli: Don't worry about it, dude. My old man is a television repairman. Got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

I'll make us some popcorn!

Sebastien447
09-11-2004, 01:42 AM
I'll make us some popcorn!

Christine and I watched Caddyshack for the 50th time last night and I thought of you kirki!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Judge Smails : You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.
Ty Webb : Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Al Czervik : Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh? Oh, it looks good on you though.

Sandy : Carl I want you to kill all the gophers on the golf course
Carl Spackler : Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers they'll lock me up and throw away the key.
Sandy : Not golfers, you great fool. Gophers. THE LITTLE BROWN, FURRY RODENTS.
Carl Spackler : We can do that. We don't even need a reason.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Carl Spackler: "In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre: au revoir gopher."

Kirkus
09-11-2004, 02:31 AM
Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?
===================================
There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
====================================
Elaine Dickinson: You got a letter from headquarters this morning.
Ted Striker: What is it?
Elaine Dickinson: It's a big building where generals meet, but that's not important.

Feech
09-13-2004, 03:01 AM
It used to take some knuckeheads a painfully long time to learn this lesson. It's spelled out here in the second greatest movie of all time.

That's the way it is with a wiseguy partner. He gets his money no matter what. You got no business? **** you, pay me. You had a fire? **** you, pay me. The place got hit by lightning? **** you, pay me.

Sebastien447
09-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Vincent: And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Jules: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?
Vincent: No man, they got the metric system. They wouldn't know what the **** a Quarter Pounder is.
Jules: Then what do they call it?
Vincent: They call it a Royale with cheese.
Jules: A Royale with cheese. What do they call a Big Mac?
Vincent: Well, a Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it le Big-Mac.
Jules: Le Big-Mac. Ha ha ha ha. What do they call a Whopper?
Vincent: I dunno, I didn't go into Burger King.

oploskoffie
09-13-2006, 12:56 AM
Hope I'm not being too rude with this scene from Waiting... :-[

Monty's Mom: So I called your house today, at two. You were still asleep, weren't you?
Monty: That's an understatement.
Monty's Mom: So what did you do last night? I trust my little angel didn't do anything immoral.
Monty: Well, ummm... Let's see. I started by getting completely hammered drunk. It was bad. Then drove, while intoxicated, to pick up this disease-infested hooker.
Monty's Mom: Uh huh...
Monty: From there... uh, let's see. Me and the hooker went back to my place...
Monty's Mom: The hooker and I.
Monty: Excuse me. The hooker and I went back to my place and from there... God, it was just a blur of intravenous drug abuse and unprotected sex, while taking the Lord's name in vain.
Monty's Mom: Dean, did you know that when Monty was a child everyone thought he was retarded?
Monty: Dean, doesn't my mom look old? I mean, much older than she rightfully should?
Monty's Mom: So why aren't you and Serena still together? I liked her.
Monty: I don't know. I guess it got old. We had a relationship based on orgasms.
Monty's Mom: Oh, how charming. You are being safe aren't you? I don't think I could handle the idea of you reproducing.
Monty: Come on, mom! Of course I'm being safe. I pull out.
Monty's Mom: Yes, well your father pulled out too but we've all seen the tragic end of that story.
Monty: You think I wanna have kids? Absolutely not! That's why I stick to **** sex.
Monty's Mom: If only I had been so lucky.

neka
09-13-2006, 05:54 AM
John: You work and you work and you work. You meet with people you don't like, that you don't know, that you don't even want to know. And you try to sell them things and they try to sell you things, you go home, you listen to the wife nag and the kids bitch. You turn off the T.V., you wake up the next day and you do it all over again. But I'll tell you, the only thing that keeps me going is this chick. I've got this incredible chick on the side you see, and she is so hot, I can hardly believe it. She's got one of those heart-shaped asses. Have you ever had a chick with a heart-shaped ass?

9 1/2 weeks.

Kirkus
09-13-2006, 07:42 AM
OMG. LMAO!

[smiley=hyst.gif]

mmmm8
09-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Empire Records:

1) Joe: Lucas!
Lucas: Joe!
Joe: Where's the money?
Lucas: Joe, the money is gone.
Joe: Yeah, I know it's gone... but where's it gone to?
Lucas: Atlantic City.
Joe: Atlantic City?... Is it coming back from Atlantic City?
Lucas: Oh, I don't think so, Joe.
Joe: What's it doing in Atlantic City, Lucas?
Lucas: ...Recirculating.

2) [Wearing nothing but a MusicTown apron]
Gina: Welcome to MusicTown, may I service you?

mmmm8
09-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Some nice, happy anti-insdustrialist society quotes for you if you have lots of time:

1) "Trainspotting"

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f***ing big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of f***ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing game shows, stuffing f***ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f***ed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?
RENTON: I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got heroin?"

2) Good Will Hunting (which was written during the Clinton administration, mind you):

"Will: Why shouldn't I work for the N.S.A.? That's a tough one, but I'll give it a shot. Say I'm working at N.S.A. Somebody puts a code on my desk, something nobody else can break. So I take a shot at it and maybe I break it. And I'm real happy with myself, 'cause I did my job well. But maybe that code was the location of some rebel army in North Africa or the Middle East. Once they have that location, they bomb the village where the rebels were hiding and fifteen hundred people I never had a problem with get killed. Now the politicians are sayin', "Send in the marines to secure the area" 'cause they don't give a shit. It won't be their kid over there, gettin' shot. Just like it wasn't them when their number was called, 'cause they were pullin' a tour in the National Guard. It'll be some guy from Southie takin' shrapnel in the ass. And he comes home to find that the plant he used to work at got exported to the country he just got back from. And the guy who put the shrapnel in his ass got his old job, 'cause he'll work for fifteen cents a day and no bathroom breaks. Meanwhile my buddy from Southie realizes the only reason he was over there was so we could install a government that would sell us oil at a good price. And of course the oil companies used the skirmish to scare up oil prices so they could turn a quick buck. A cute little ancillary benefit for them but it ain't helping my buddy at two-fifty a gallon. And naturally they're takin' their sweet time bringin' the oil back, and maybe even took the liberty of hiring an alcoholic skipper who likes to drink martinis and play slalom with the icebergs, and it ain't too long 'til he hits one, spills the oil and kills all the sea life in the North Atlantic. So my buddy's out of work and he can't afford to drive, so he's got to walk to the job interviews, which sucks 'cause the shrapnel in his ass is givin' him chronic hemorrhoids. And meanwhile he's starvin' 'cause every time he tries to get a bite to eat the only blue plate special they're servin' is North Atlantic scrod with Quaker State. So what do I think? I'm holdin' out for somethin' better. Why not just shoot my buddy, take his job and give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas pricees, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe and join the National Guard? I could be elected president. "

oploskoffie
09-13-2006, 03:06 PM
A little gem from Harvey :)

Veta Louise Simmons: I took a course in art last winter. I learnt the difference between a fine oil painting, and a mechanical thing, like a photograph. The photograph shows only the reality. The painting shows not only the reality, but the dream behind it. It's our dreams, doctor, that carry us on. They separate us from the beasts. I wouldn't want to go on living if I thought it was all just eating, and sleeping, and taking my clothes off, I mean putting them on...

Danielle
09-14-2006, 09:52 PM
One of my favs - "Office Space":

Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Samir Na-gheen-an-a-jar. Nagheenanajar.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.
Samir: You know there's nothing wrong with that name.
Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it... until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.
Samir: Hmm... well why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael?
Michael Bolton: No way. Why should I change? He's the one who sucks.

Jack
09-16-2006, 09:41 AM
A few of my favorites...

Oh, he's very popular Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude.

Well, uh, let's see. . .He was wearing a red argyle sweater, tan trousers, and red shoes. What? No, he's not retarded!

Claire's mom just made me grab her hooters.

oploskoffie
10-18-2006, 06:02 AM
I've found a clip to go along with my quote from Waiting.. :) ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NJh_EFQRAI

Sebastien447
10-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Well, uh, let's see. . .He was wearing a red argyle sweater, tan trousers, and red shoes. What? No, he's not retarded!

GREAT movie! Here's another, just for catzy ...

No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food!

mrjiggyfly2
10-19-2006, 07:09 PM
I've found a clip to go along with my quote from Waiting.. :) ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NJh_EFQRAI

that is outstanding ;D

catz33
10-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Armand Goldman: Al, you old son of a bitch! How ya doin'? How do you feel about that call today? I mean the Dolphins! Fourth-and-three play on their 30 yard line with only 34 seconds to go!
Albert: How do you think I feel? Betrayed, bewildered... wrong response? The Birdcage

Wanda: Aristotle was not Belgian, the principle of Buddhism is not "every man for himself," and the London Underground is not a political movement! Those are all mistakes, Otto. I looked them up. A Fish called Wanda

Ordell Robbi: That shit'll rob you of your ambitions
Melanie: Not if your ambition is to get high and watch TV. Jackie Brown

Dingo: You must spank her well, and after you are done with her, you may deal with her as you like... and then... spank me!
All: And me! And me too! And me!
Dingo: Yes! Yes, you must give us all a good spanking!

Dingo: And after the spanking, the oral sex!
Galahad: Well I could stay a bit longer...

Love Monty

mmmm8
10-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Stella!

I was out with some friends yesteday and both "Stella!!" and Waiting were brought up in a span of five minutes, not by me. what a random coincidence

catz33
10-19-2006, 09:51 PM
Oops, I lost the rest of my post

Oh well!!!!!!

Gooooooooood Chianti!!!

I have a friend named Stella......it stays in my head