PDA

View Full Version : How do I post smilies?

Doll_Face
06-23-2008, 08:27 AM
It won't work for me.

ptmcmahon
06-23-2008, 08:44 AM
Either click the smilie icon on the right (I assume that is what doesn't work) or type them out

for example: : ) with no space in between is :)

ptmcmahon
06-23-2008, 08:44 AM
And click "more" under the smilie list to see the text for all of them!

Scotty
06-23-2008, 08:45 AM
It won't work for me.

hi Doll_Face,

When you're posting, click on the [More] under the smilies to the right of the text box. That should bring up a pop-up window (if not, try holding down the Ctrl button on a PC, to temporarily disable a pop-up blocker).

You should then see nearly 100 available smilies. You can theclick on the smiley you want, and it will appear where your cursor is in the text box. You should see it as you continue typing.

OR - you'll see a way to type something in the text box that will cause the smiley to appear when you post. For example, if I type :kiss : (WITHOUT a space before the second : ) I'll get this in my post :kiss:

Hope this helps!

Doll_Face
06-23-2008, 08:54 AM
hi Doll_Face,

When you're posting, click on the [More] under the smilies to the right of the text box. That should bring up a pop-up window (if not, try holding down the Ctrl button on a PC, to temporarily disable a pop-up blocker).

You should then see nearly 100 available smilies. You can theclick on the smiley you want, and it will appear where your cursor is in the text box. You should see it as you continue typing.

OR - you'll see a way to type something in the text box that will cause the smiley to appear when you post. For example, if I type :kiss : (WITHOUT a space before the second : ) I'll get this in my post :kiss:

Hope this helps!

Let's see ... I don't see a "more" button :(

ptmcmahon
06-23-2008, 08:55 AM
To the right of your text window in your reply should be a bunch of smilie icons (which are clickable) and right below is the word more.

On the plus side you just posted one!

Doll_Face
06-23-2008, 09:01 AM
To the right of your text window in your reply should be a bunch of smilie icons (which are clickable) and right below is the word more.

On the plus side you just posted one!

I don't see additional smilies to the right, just the standard ones at the bottom. Okay, Kirkus robbed me. Something is wrong!

oploskoffie
06-23-2008, 09:05 AM
I don't see additional smilies to the right, just the standard ones at the bottom. Okay, Kirkus robbed me. Something is wrong!

You need to go to "Advanced mode" Doll_Face! :)

oploskoffie
06-23-2008, 09:09 AM
You need to go to "Advanced mode" Doll_Face! :)

Wait, that doesn't make sense "as is". Let me check something out for you. Back in a few!

oploskoffie
06-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Doll_Face... You're good to go now! :kiss:

Kirkus
06-23-2008, 09:35 AM

Your a good man, Mr. O. :)

Doll_Face
06-23-2008, 09:51 AM

YAY!!!!!

:p

:gorgeous:

Pierre1
06-23-2008, 04:05 PM
I'm glad you got your trademark Rita Hayworth back.

Doll_Face
06-24-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm glad you got your trademark Rita Hayworth back.

You know about that look, eh?

:bath:

Jay
06-24-2008, 01:25 PM
You know about that look, eh?

:bath:

A lot of us do :):cool: