PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate T-Shirt Vote

Scotty
06-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Hi TATeurs,

By now you've probably heard about the fabulous Tailgate party we host at the US Open. If not, click here (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/showpost.php?p=293033&postcount=232). It's great fun (discussing Petrova's win-loss record on outdoor hard courts when wearing blue vs. opponents wearing visors -- JUST KIDDING), because TATeurs are fun people.

Anyone, we always have a commemorative Tailgate T-shirt in the TATstore, and this year, YOU get to help pick which design it will be. We had 8 wonderful designs submitted by TAT members, and the staff narrowed it down to these two.

PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE, and the winning design will be for sale in the TATstore, so you can wear it to the Tailgate, or to a TATchat TAThering, or any event you deem appropriate!

Each design will have a red, white, and blue version of the TAT logo on the front. You can see a larger version of the designs by clicking on the attachments.

Voting closes Sunday, July 5th, very soon after the conclusion of the Wimbledon Gentlemen's Final.

Design #1:
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8476/tatusopen08back1js2.th.jpg

Design #2:
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9789/tatusopen08back2ux4.th.jpg

Scotty
06-24-2008, 02:24 PM
hey, this looks like fun. I think I'll vote ...

GVGirl
06-24-2008, 04:15 PM
My husband likes both! Bump!

Kirkus
06-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Bumpage! :D

GVGirl
06-25-2008, 04:56 AM
up we go.....

oohsalmon
06-25-2008, 04:58 AM
15-4 early on...very decisive.

Scotty
06-25-2008, 07:45 AM
votes are still coming in. Tell us what YOU think ...

Pierre1
06-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Scotty, the blue one, please. They're both nice.

And I promise never to employ jiggery-pokery again. I fired both of them this morning.

Jay
06-25-2008, 04:55 PM
They're both nice. :)

beaujarkko
06-25-2008, 04:57 PM
I like them both, but I prefer the crispness of the blue one.

Plus, I just really like the color blue :D

evil_juju
06-25-2008, 05:38 PM
the blue one is my favorite and it will match my shorts for the Tailgate!
I do like the other too, but there is something retro about the blue.

Foxykhat
06-25-2008, 05:46 PM
I like them both, but I'm in the minority as the second one is my fave. I guess I'm more hooked on the rackets crossing and the tennis balls as the 8. Although the "i" in tailgate look like "L" until the picture is enlarged. Maybe if this was on a blue background it would be more pronounced.

Foxy

Scotty
06-25-2008, 05:50 PM
The plan is for whichever design wins to be available on dark & light colors. And it'll be about 12" wide (covering much of the back of the t-shirt), so the difference between the i and the l will be easier to read at that size.

Love the comments, but don't forget to vote in the poll!

Jay
06-25-2008, 06:12 PM
When you guys were talking about different colors, I thought about what the blue one would look like in a lighter color, and I think that it would actually look better in a light blue.:cheesy:

I like them both, though. :)

Drop-shot
06-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Being TAT an international board stamping the US flag on EVERY letter seems a bit too much. Something more neutral.

I'm not sure if any non US citizen will be attending the TAT meeting, but I'd like to see what so many here preach about not being US-centric (and with reason) reflect on the shirt.

Just my two cents.

GVGirl
06-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Being TAT an international board stamping the US flag on EVERY letter seems a bit too much. Something more neutral.

I'm not sure if any non US citizen will be attending the TAT meeting, but I'd like to see what so many here preach about not being US-centric (and with reason) reflect on the shirt.

Just my two cents.

Yoda,

I hear you.

Tangent-We did have a few international people come to the Tailgate. The furthest 2 were from Sydney Australia.

dryrunguy
06-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Yoda,

I hear you.

Tangent-We did have a few international people come to the Tailgate. The furthest 2 were from Sydney Australia.

It was a long, long way for them to come just to get my autograph.

I would have been glad to mail it upon request.

oohsalmon
06-26-2008, 02:09 AM
I think the flags are just because of what tournament it is. That being said, it contributes to #2 being much tougher to read.

jjnow
06-26-2008, 05:06 AM
Yeah, I think the flag design is just to reflect it's the US Open.

missinandre
06-26-2008, 08:43 AM
I like them both, but I'm in the minority as the second one is my fave. I guess I'm more hooked on the rackets crossing and the tennis balls as the 8. Although the "i" in tailgate look like "L" until the picture is enlarged. Maybe if this was on a blue background it would be more pronounced.

Foxy

Those two tennis balls are why I can't go for the 2nd one.

They look....like boobies.

Plus....to me...the blue one looks like it's repping the US Open and the 2nd one looks like it's repping the United States....

Kirkus
06-26-2008, 10:37 AM
I think both designs are excellent! :)

Scotty
06-26-2008, 10:08 PM
bump!

only 30 votes? I know there are more of you out there ...

missinandre
06-27-2008, 06:46 AM
bump!

only 30 votes? I know there are more of you out there ...

Scotty....

Let me just say that...for me....this poll is allllll the way down on the bottom ergo..it has to fight for attention over my favs on TAt:

the wimbledon day discussion

tatchat

the annak/gimelstob discussion

and a couple other things, not to mention the arcade and so...

it took me a long time to make my way down here.

Why don't you guys put a announcement and a link attachement at the very top where there are announcements on the board? (like where you announce the exculsive coverage for eastbourne and....tat interview with Jim Couries...and the wimbledon color theme etc)....that might encourage more people to vote.....just a suggestion, don't take offense!

Scotty
06-27-2008, 07:33 AM
Scotty....

Let me just say that...for me....this poll is allllll the way down on the bottom ergo..it has to fight for attention over my favs on TAt:

the wimbledon day discussion

tatchat

the annak/gimelstob discussion

and a couple other things, not to mention the arcade and so...

it took me a long time to make my way down here.

Why don't you guys put a announcement and a link attachement at the very top where there are announcements on the board? (like where you announce the exculsive coverage for eastbourne and....tat interview with Jim Couries...and the wimbledon color theme etc)....that might encourage more people to vote.....just a suggestion, don't take offense!

no worries, none taken. I think many people will prioritize this at or below where you did, as that's as it should be. The site's not called TalkAboutTshirts, after all! :)

So we'll keep promoting it during Wimbledon, since the deadline is after the men's final.

missinandre
06-27-2008, 10:09 AM
no worries, none taken. I think many people will prioritize this at or below where you did, as that's as it should be. The site's not called TalkAboutTshirts, after all! :)

So we'll keep promoting it during Wimbledon, since the deadline is after the men's final.

After the men's wimby final? Augh that is a quick deadline! And..I have yet to visit the tat store....I guess I'll moasey on over there since Ana is in deep doo doo....

oohsalmon
06-27-2008, 10:10 AM
After the men's wimby final? Augh that is a quick deadline! And..I have yet to visit the tat store....I guess I'll moasey on over there since Ana is in deep doo doo....

All you gotta do is look at the pics and click a button... not too time consuming :p.

Scotty
06-27-2008, 10:26 AM

Yes, that's just the deadline for VOTING. You can see the designs on the first page of this thread.

The winning shirt will then be available in the TAT store in time for people to purchase, if they want to wear it to the Tailgate (or TATchat TATherings, or whatever other cool events they're attending).

missinandre
06-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Yes, that's just the deadline for VOTING. You can see the designs on the first page of this thread.

The winning shirt will then be available in the TAT store in time for people to purchase, if they want to wear it to the Tailgate (or TATchat TATherings, or whatever other cool events they're attending).

Oh and before I forget wonderful people at TAT.....if we go to the tailgate party...can we wear anything from the TAT store...or does it have to be the official TAT t shirt?

GVGirl
06-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Oh and before I forget wonderful people at TAT.....if we go to the tailgate party...can we wear anything from the TAT store...or does it have to be the official TAT t shirt?

Anything...pin, hat, t-shirt, thong(I'll leave that one to Moose ;)) whatever...your choice.

Scotty
06-27-2008, 05:44 PM
bump!

Only about a week left to vote!

Kirkus
06-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Bump.

suliso
06-28-2008, 11:43 AM
#1, but mostly because I prefer blue to white...

GVGirl
06-28-2008, 07:16 PM
bump...:p

Pierre1
06-29-2008, 03:32 PM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm312/marius208/menu-bump.jpg

Scotty
06-29-2008, 05:27 PM
now the votes are pouring in. Let your opinion be heard!

Scotty
06-30-2008, 07:22 PM
time to vote!

Miles
06-30-2008, 11:18 PM
If you're attending the tailgate, you must vote. Unless of course you are a JWS, in which case you have a pass. ;)

BTW Scotty, I shudder at the thought that you've actually seeked out all of these photos of Jelena to use in your avatar series.

patrick
07-01-2008, 04:36 AM
Wimbledon is almost over and the USO will be here before we know it.

Scotty
07-01-2008, 07:41 AM
BTW Scotty, I shudder at the thought that you've actually seeked out all of these photos of Jelena to use in your avatar series.

For JJ fans out there, her official site is a treasure trove. Photos on and off court, plus blogs. To my surprise, the only dress that was remotely hard to find was the purple cell phone one from Miami this year.

Makes me wonder ... will more people vote if I keep changing avatars?

Scotty
07-01-2008, 08:00 PM
time to vote?

the deadline is this Sunday ...

GVGirl
07-01-2008, 08:32 PM
time to vote?

the deadline is this Sunday ...

A new JJ avatar! From the Olympic book.

Scotty
07-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Less than 2 months until the Tailgate at the US Open?

I'd better make sure to vote for the T-shirt I'd rather wear there ...

Pierre1
07-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Polls closed, Scotty?

Scotty
07-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Polls closed, Scotty?

um ... yes! :o

I was out of state on vacation, and had to run to a matinee play right after the men's final finished.