PDA

View Full Version : The mandatory THANKS!, TAT Staff

ponchi101
06-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Don't know if there is a thread for this already, but just to thank the staff for running the pool. As always, it was great fun, even though one continues to fail to make the second week.
On that subject, it was a surprise that even Kirkus, the founder, finds it that difficult. Werthein on Sports Illustrated put a small note implying that he crashed out early this time. So that makes me (and maybe others too) not so embarrassed of our performance.

JACK: Thanks for the CWJS contest. Keep it up.

See you at Wimby, people!

beaujarkko
06-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks, Ponchi!

We're looking forward to Wimbledon, too :)

oploskoffie
06-09-2008, 09:41 AM
A big hand for the SP staff, definitely! :overhead_clap:

Thx, ponchi!

Foxykhat
06-09-2008, 10:06 AM
I would like to express the same sentiments

For an awesome job TAT Staff I say http://yelims.free.fr/Forum/Panneau23.gif

Foxy

patrick
06-09-2008, 10:07 AM
:tatrocks:

dryrunguy
06-09-2008, 10:10 AM
On that subject, it was a surprise that even Kirkus, the founder, finds it that difficult.

That's because Kirkus is determined to keep saving Roddick for the later rounds. :lipsrsealed:

Kirkus
06-09-2008, 10:15 AM
That's because Kirkus is determined to keep saving Roddick for the later rounds. :lipsrsealed:

What do you want from me?

::

Thanks, Ponchi!

beaujarkko
06-09-2008, 10:17 AM
The biggest SP thanks go out to moose, m8, scotty, and shtexas for keeping the pools running so VERY smoothly. I got to be an outsider for the most part for this one, and they were VERY efficient! :D Way to set the bar so high going into Wimbledon :p

Scotty
06-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Don't know if there is a thread for this already, but just to thank the staff for running the pool. As always, it was great fun, even though one continues to fail to make the second week.
On that subject, it was a surprise that even Kirkus, the founder, finds it that difficult. Werthein on Sports Illustrated put a small note implying that he crashed out early this time. So that makes me (and maybe others too) not so embarrassed of our performance.

JACK: Thanks for the CWJS contest. Keep it up.

See you at Wimby, people!

One knows just exactly how one feels. ;)

Jack - thanks for another great edition of You Can't Win Jack! Evidently, I'm no better at picking total losers than winners.

And beau - I'm sure Wimby will be teddibly, teddibly efficient and propoer. Teddibly. I'm practicing holding my pinky out whilst I drink tea already.

shtexas
06-09-2008, 10:48 AM
How sweet!

Uh..oh...

too sweet...

:vomit:

beaujarkko
06-09-2008, 10:53 AM
One knows just exactly how one feels. ;)

Jack - thanks for another great edition of You Can't Win Jack! Evidently, I'm no better at picking total losers than winners.

And beau - I'm sure Wibmy will be teddibly, teddibly efficient and propoer. Teddibly. I'm practicing holding my pinky out whilst I drink tea already.

Is that the Wimbledon for the 129-256th ranked players?

mmmm8
06-09-2008, 10:53 AM

Oh, no! Shtexas! Not on my shoes! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Scotty
06-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Is that the Wimbledon for the 129-256th ranked players?

d'oh! and I nearly called it "Vimbledon" for your sake, but that clashed with the 'teddiby, teddibly' part.

beaujarkko
06-09-2008, 11:10 AM
d'oh! and I nearly called it "Vimbledon" for your sake, but that clashed with the 'teddiby, teddibly' part.

Ah yes, it would have. But thanks anyways! (I'm not-so-secretly hoping "Vimbledon" catches on :))

shtexas
06-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Ah yes, it would have. But thanks anyways! (I'm not-so-secretly hoping "Vimbledon" catches on :))

Wait until it pops up in my day 1 men's thread.

Welcome to day 1 of the Vimbledon Men's Suicide Pool.

shtexas
06-09-2008, 11:16 AM

Or better...

Velcome to day 1 of the Vimbledon Men's Suicide Pool.

beaujarkko
06-09-2008, 11:16 AM

Remember, I'm on the women's pool, so even if you forget... ;)

nelslus
06-09-2008, 01:00 PM
You all are awesome. (AND- thanks, Ponchi- we are quite over-due with this thread, I suspect.) :overhead_clap:

Martini4me
06-09-2008, 02:11 PM
How appropriate that you put this in the "All-stars" sub-forum. All the contest staff (actually, all the staff, period) are all-stars for the work they do here.

oohsalmon
06-09-2008, 03:52 PM
I would like to express the same sentiments

For an awesome job TAT Staff I say http://yelims.free.fr/Forum/Panneau23.gif

Foxy

How on earth have we survived this long without a pole dancer smiley?

Thanks, TAT staff! Here's hoping Wimby is bloody early and often :beer:.

mysterX
06-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Nothing much new to add, but I do want to say thanks to all the TAT staff (and posters) for making this such a fun place to hang out.

Moose
06-09-2008, 07:27 PM
It wouldn't be nearly the fun if all of you didn't come by to play. Thanks for the thanks, but thanks right back to everyone. It's everyone that makes this place rock, not just during Slams, but all year long.

Charlie02123
06-09-2008, 07:45 PM
It wouldn't be nearly the fun if all of you didn't come by to play. Thanks for the thanks, but thanks right back to everyone. It's everyone that makes this place rock, not just during Slams, but all year long.

Well thanks for thanking us for the thanks.:D

:thanks:

:dizzy::freekingout:

Foxykhat
06-09-2008, 08:13 PM
How on earth have we survived this long without a pole dancer smiley?

Thanks, TAT staff! Here's hoping Wimby is bloody early and often :beer:.

It was all Loxy's idea,LOL. She said, remember dear variety is the spice of life.

Foxy

e11even
06-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Many thanks again to the Staff and other contest hosts! :)

TAT is certainly God's gift to the intelligent yet occasionally stupid tennis fan! :hyst:

luvs10s
06-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks for all the hard work guys :beer:
:tatrocks:

Kirkus
06-10-2008, 12:44 PM
I love us. :sweetheart:

:wiggle:

munchin
06-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Many thanks again to the Staff and other contest hosts! :)

TAT is certainly God's gift to the intelligent yet occasionally stupid tennis fan! :hyst:

well said :D

TennisAnyone74
06-12-2008, 07:31 AM
I'm a little late, but I also want to state that :tatrocks: and add my many :thanks: for all the wonderful opportunities to participate here in the great and innovative contests. Lots of :smitten:and :kiss: for all of the TAT staff. You really don't know how wonderful you are and what a terrific place you make this!

TA

atlpam
06-12-2008, 09:35 AM

I prefer to think of us as "delusional", but if we all made smart picks, the loser lounge would be a boring place ;)

Ditto on the Thanks!

ponchi101
07-07-2008, 11:51 AM
I didn't want to start a new thread, so I am reviving the one from Roland Garros because the message remains the same:
Thanks for two weeks of great SP and CWJS contests.
Dry: you mentioned that maybe we don't know how much work it takes to run these things. Let me assure you we do. And we appreciate it.
Kirkus: Great color scheme for Wimby. You are now in the proverbial jam: it is going to take a lot to beat this one for the USO. But we are confident.

dryrunguy
07-07-2008, 12:37 PM
I didn't want to start a new thread, so I am reviving the one from Roland Garros because the message remains the same:
Dry: you mentioned that maybe we don't know how much work it takes to run these things. Let me assure you we do. And we appreciate it.
Kirkus: Great color scheme for Wimby. You are now in the proverbial jam: it is going to take a lot to beat this one for the USO. But we are confident.

Thanks, Ponchi. I think folks do this because they LOVE doing it. It's a great way to help build our community here at TAT, and I can assure you that all of our contest personnel are wholeheartedly committed to that. :) All of them are a great pleasure to work with.

Kirkus
07-07-2008, 01:00 PM

Thanks, ponchi!

Yeah... I've been running the USOpen color theme through my head for a few weeks already. LOL.

mysterX
07-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Yes, thank you to all the TAT staff for organizing these fun tournaments. I'm guessing that the SPs with lots of players hanging around until the very end cause the most work, so special thanks to Shtexas for a great job with the Men's SP this time.

aedra1119
07-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks so much for all of your hard work! We appreciate everything you do to keep these contests running smoothly! :kiss:

Jay
07-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Thanks, Ponchi. I think folks do this because they LOVE doing it. It's a great way to help build our community here at TAT, and I can assure you that all of our contest personnel are wholeheartedly committed to that. :) All of them are a great pleasure to work with.

Co-sign. :)

Charlie02123
07-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks so much for all of your hard work! We appreciate everything you do to keep these contests running smoothly! :kiss:
Ditto!

shtexas
07-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Yes, thank you to all the TAT staff for organizing these fun tournaments. I'm guessing that the SPs with lots of players hanging around until the very end cause the most work, so special thanks to Shtexas for a great job with the Men's SP this time.

Thanks mysterX! But, I was not alone. M8 was there behind the scenes with me on the men's pool. Thanks M8!

IntnstyAngle
07-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Just want to throw my hat into the ring and say "Thanks" to everyone who worked so hard on the SPs and every other fun contest during the grand slams.