PDA

View Full Version : TAT T-shirt Design Contest

TalkAboutTennis
05-15-2008, 10:18 AM
TAT T-shirt Design Contest

Bea’s latest avatar got your creative juices flowing?
Want to have TATeurs cavorting around the 2008 US Open as walking canvases for YOUR art?
Just like contests?

Then the 2008 TAT T-shirt Design Contest is for you.

TalkAboutTennis.com is looking for new art for the 2008 US Open Tailgate T-shirt (available in the TATstore (http://www.cafepress.com/tatstuff)), and the TATstaff would like YOU to help decide what it will look like.

So, we’re requesting submissions of artwork to go on the back of the official Tailgate T-shirt. We’ll be talking this contest up over the next few weeks, and the DEADLINE to be included is Sunday, June 8 (last day of play at Roland Garros).

The TATstaff will select a few finalists from the submissions, and have a poll/vote of the membership during Wimbledon 2008 to select the winning design. Then the new design will be made available in the TATstore in time for people to order a shirt to wear to the Tailgate (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7935)(or heck, buy one and wear it during the TATchat TATherings, if you can’t make it to New York this year!)

There will be another post in the next day or so with specific guidelines, etc. Preliminary things you’ll need to know include:
Artwork should be no smaller than 12” at its longest dimension

Artwork must be 100% your own material (don’t use copyrighted photos, for example)
E-mail a .jpeg file of your entry to Scotty@TalkAboutTennis.com (Scotty@TalkAboutTennis.com)for review/voting
DEADLINE: Sunday, June 8
The review and voting processes will be anonymous (only one staffer will know who made which design)
You may submit more than one entry, if you like.Watch for the official art specs soon. Please post any questions in this thread.

Hope everyone has fun with this!

Jay
05-15-2008, 10:50 AM
This is some pretty awesome news :cheesy:

but I suck at art. :p

oooo. That makes me think..

I know who should enter this contest :D:D

Scotty
05-15-2008, 11:07 AM

I bet I know who you're thinking of.

However, every design doesn't have to be hand drawn, sketched, whatever. I was thinking of a design that was primarily words on a map, for example.

hurricanejeanne
05-15-2008, 03:02 PM

Gee, I wonder who this said person that should enter this contest is. :p

I hope I can come up with something.

GVGirl
05-15-2008, 06:44 PM
bumping....

nelslus
05-15-2008, 06:47 PM

If we had a Sucks-At-Art contest- trust me, I'd win hands down. Zip ability, I am afraid.

Hell, when I draw a man stick figure, it blushes.

GVGirl
05-18-2008, 04:40 PM
bump:)

--cj--
05-20-2008, 04:20 PM
i could slap a design together or two. still waiting for those specs though.

What absolutely has to be on the shirt (i.e. text)?

Color limits? Or will you just plan on full color?

Front of the shirt is off limits??

Kirkus
05-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Specs:

The art can be no larger than 12" in any direction.

If you're drawing something by hand, a high resolution scan (300 dpi min.) must be made available, or you'll have the opportunity to mail the original artwork to me and I'll scan it.

If you're using a photo program (i.e., Photoshop, photopaint, etc.), make sure the final artwork is created at a minimum of 300 dpi resolution. Save/Export the file as a jpg, tiff, or eps.

If you're using a drawing program (Illustrator, Freehand, etc.) please create the art as close to final size as possible (not exceeding 12" in any direction). Also, please save/export the art as an .eps.

Any color(s) are fine.

Keep in mind that the art will be used exclusively for the 2008 U.S. Open TAT Tailgate.

Design, color, text, etc. is completely up to you.

Kirkus
05-20-2008, 04:41 PM
i could slap a design together or two. still waiting for those specs though.

See previous post.

What absolutely has to be on the shirt (i.e. text)?

That's at your discretion.

Color limits? Or will you just plan on full color?

No color limits. However, all colors will be converted to their RGB equivalents.

Front of the shirt is off limits??

Front of shirt is NOT off limits.

Scotty
05-29-2008, 02:06 PM
We have two (2) lovely designs already in hand ... would you like yours to be voted upon by the TAT membership, and possibly even worn by fashionable TATeurs at the 2008 US Open?

Well, get to steppin' with your design, because it's due Sunday, June 8. That's still two WHOLE weekends to work on it.

Any questions, ask 'em here. Thanks!

Scotty
06-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Sunday's the deadline ... e-mail those designs!

Scotty@TalkAboutTennis.com

Scotty
06-08-2008, 06:48 AM
Today's the deadline ... don't miss out!