PDA

View Full Version : Zwok!

--cj--
04-08-2008, 03:49 PM
As much fun as I've had in the arcade over the last year, I feel I should explain my new obsession that has kept me from chasing the coattails of Koffie and Dry the last couple months.

I'm now fairly addicted to Zwok (http://zwok-game.com/). It's a deviously simple multi-player game. You choose a team and join the Hatfield/McCoy like war that plays out in an artsy, funky cartoon world. The more you play, the better weapons you get. But the weapons are not your typical ballistics.

I think it's fun because you are fighting against other human players out there who are unpredictable. It would be fun to get a game in our arcade that you could play against another TATer in real time.

Anywho, just thought I'd pass on the link. Us Americans choose the "United Kingdom" link to play. Blooz rule. Grienz drool.

munchin
04-08-2008, 04:08 PM
As much fun as I've had in the arcade over the last year, I feel I should explain my new obsession that has kept me from chasing the coattails of Koffie and Dry the last couple months.

I'm now fairly addicted to Zwok (http://zwok-game.com/). It's a deviously simple multi-player game. You choose a team and join the Hatfield/McCoy like war that plays out in an artsy, funky cartoon world. The more you play, the better weapons you get. But the weapons are not your typical ballistics.

I think it's fun because you are fighting against other human players out there who are unpredictable. It would be fun to get a game in our arcade that you could play against another TATer in real time.

Anywho, just thought I'd pass on the link. Us Americans choose the "United Kingdom" link to play. Blooz rule. Grienz drool.

If only more Taters would get as addicted to Tennis Elbow as oohsalmon is. Okay okay, I am too.

oploskoffie
04-13-2008, 08:49 AM

I just had a go at Zwok and it is, indeed, a fun game. Not quite sure if I won or lost, but I WAS the last little person standing :D There's a Worms kind of feel to it, which automatically yields it an extra appreciation point from a former Worms player. ;)

Getting real time games for our Arcade (software) is like trying to locate El Dorado in Syberia. I'm not saying it'll never happen (cause it would definitely be a ton of fun!) but at the moment, things are not looking hopeful. As it is, I'm glad I can find a good new game every now and then to keep things sorta fresh around here. Still, who knows how they'll upgrade the arcade software and possibilities in the future, eyh?

Tscott415
04-13-2008, 09:53 AM
If only more Taters would get as addicted to Tennis Elbow as oohsalmon is. Okay okay, I am too.

I am too!!