PDA

View Full Version : SE/Miami Day 9 Men's SP Pick

shtexas
04-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Hello, and welcome to Day 9 of the Men's Sony Ericsson/Miami Suicide Pool.

Your Day 9 Men's choice is from the last two Men's quarterfinals from the top of the Men's draw.

As always, you will be making one pick each day, and once you use a player, you cannot use them again for the remainder of the tournament.

Post your Day 9 Men's selection by responding in this thread. Since the SE/Miami is a "practice" pool, we will not keep a formal Picks and Results thread, so it is your responsibility to self-score your way through the tournament. We encourage you to do this by listing all your previous picks in your post for each day (simply cut and paste from the day before), as this has proven the best way to track your picks from our experience.

Your Day 9 Men's Pick is due no later than 11:00 a.m. (ET) on Thursday, April 3 - that is 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time, 3:00 P.M. Greenwich Mean Time.

Good luck, and thanks for joining us!

Day 9 Matches:

(1) FEDERER, Roger SUI v (6) RODDICK, Andy USA
(4) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS v TIPSAREVIC, Janko SRB

shtexas
04-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Open since someone has made it through to day 9, and there will be at least one more.

bea26
04-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Grosjean
Acasuso
Gonzalez
Youzhny
Nadal
Roddick
Berdych
Andreev
Davydenko

Aziza
04-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Querrey
Acasuso
Canas
Monaco
Berdych
Davydenko
Roddick
Nadal
Tipsarevic

Moose
04-02-2008, 05:48 PM
I never thought I would see the day. Quarter finals of a Suicide Pool. And someone picks Tipsy. Ajde, Aziza. Your first drink in the LL is on Jill Craybas's tab us. And I hope you live to at least Day 10 before cashing in.

bea26
04-02-2008, 05:51 PM
I never thought I would see the day. Quarter finals of a Suicide Pool. And someone picks Tipsy. Ajde, Aziza. Your first drink in the LL is on Jill Craybas's tab us. And I hope you live to at least Day 10 before cashing in.

As he already burned through Davy, perhaps it wasn't as noble as one might think. That said, I went for Davy so if I lose, I'll still be thrilled.

Or she? I realize I don't know which bathroom an Aziza uses!

Aziza
04-02-2008, 07:13 PM

I like to see his name on this end of the list myself!

Bea: As he already burned through Davy, perhaps it wasn't as noble as one might think. That said, I went for Davy so if I lose, I'll still be thrilled.

Or she? I realize I don't know which bathroom an Aziza uses!

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/photo/library/assist_kate.jpg

bea26
04-02-2008, 07:16 PM
http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/photo/library/assist_kate.jpg

I'd put your poster on my wall if this was you.

munchin
04-02-2008, 07:19 PM
I was hemming and hawing trying to decide if I liked Davydenko or Tipsarevic, but lo and behold, the decision was made for me. I picked Tipsy days ago. Now to patiently wait for Berdych to try and get 'er done.

munchin
04-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Now that Tomas has done right by me, it's Nikolay time.

Day 1: Sam Querrey
Day 2: Ernests Gulbis
Day 3: Juan Carlos Ferrero
Day 4: Juan Monaco
Day 5: Radek Stepanek
Day 6: Janko Tipsarevic
Day 7: Andy Roddick
Day 8: Tomas Berdych
Day 9: Nikolay Davydenko

Aziza
04-02-2008, 07:31 PM
I'd put your poster on my wall if this was you.

lol. This is Kate Deines, if you follow soccer you will know her name soon enough I think!

mmmm8
04-02-2008, 07:32 PM
I just realized I've taken Davydenko already :( So, I can't beat the draw anyway. So, I thought about just going safe with Fed, but you guys have split on Davydenko-Tipsarevic, so I have to risk it.

1: Querrey
2: Johansson
3: Ferrero
4: Monaco
5: Nadal
6: Davydenko
7: Roddick
8: Berdych
9: Tipsarevic

Federer70
04-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Hmm, definitely a toss-up, but figure Tipsy's ride has to come to an end sometime :-).

Day 1: Malisse
Day 2: Johansson
Day 3: Mathieu
Day 4: Monaco
Day 5: Andreev
Day 6: Acasuso
Day 7: Roddick
Day 8: Berdych
Day 9: Davydenko

munchin
04-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Hmm, definitely a toss-up, but figure Tipsy's ride has to come to an end sometime :-).

Day 1: Malisse
Day 2: Johansson
Day 3: Mathieu
Day 4: Monaco
Day 5: Andreev
Day 6: Acasuso
Day 7: Roddick
Day 8: Berdych
Day 9: Davydenko

I like your prospects better than mine.