PDA

View Full Version : The Slide Into Paris: Ask Questions Here

TalkAboutTennis
03-26-2008, 12:48 AM
If you have any questions about The Slide Into Paris (the format is a LITTLE different), let us know!

Vlad
03-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Is this open to new participants or is it part of an annual contest?

dryrunguy
03-27-2008, 12:05 PM

Everyone is welcome to participate, Vlad!

Jay
03-27-2008, 01:28 PM

Like Dry noted, it's open to any and all participants. But, I just wanted to add that ALL of our fantasy contests (A month in the sun, Mad dash to Miami, The slide into Paris, Green Acres, the Hard road to New York, and East Meets West) are all open to new participants :)

The Predictions, run to the atp masters, and race to the wta yec contests are the only ones that are not open to new participants at this time.

(the run to the masters and the race to the WTA Yec contests are based upon predictions; therefore, they are open only to those who are participating in the predictions contest)

Staff, Feel free to correct me if I'm misinforming Vlad.

oploskoffie
03-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Can I trade the utterly useless Agnes Szavay for Mardy Fish?

:p

ignore me...

Vlad
03-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Like Dry noted, it's open to any and all participants. But, I just wanted to add that ALL of our fantasy contests (A month in the sun, Mad dash to Miami, The slide into Paris, Green Acres, the Hard road to New York, and East Meets West) are all open to new participants :)

The Predictions, run to the atp masters, and race to the wta yec contests are the only ones that are not open to new participants at this time.

(the run to the masters and the race to the WTA Yec contests are based upon predictions; therefore, they are open only to those who are participating in the predictions contest)

Staff, Feel free to correct me if I'm misinforming Vlad.

Thank you Jessie and Dry.

Aziza
04-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Has anyone been able to find a Casablanca player list?

dryrunguy
04-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Not yet, Aziza, but I havent' checked in a few days.

Aziza
04-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Not yet, Aziza, but I havent' checked in a few days.

Thanks Dry.

I was wondering if I was just looking in the wrong direction. Casablanca's website is frustrating.

dryrunguy
04-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Thanks Dry.

I was wondering if I was just looking in the wrong direction. Casablanca's website is frustrating.

Aziza, Amie just posted this this morning. It should help!

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/showthread.php?p=256066#post256066

TennisAnyone74
04-14-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm not quite understanding the trade policy. If I want to trade Blake for Nadal for the tournament in Monte Carlo, by when would I have to do it for it to count for that tournament?

TA

Jay
04-14-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm not quite understanding the trade policy. If I want to trade Blake for Nadal for the tournament in Monte Carlo, by when would I have to do it for it to count for that tournament?

TA

You have to make your trade(s) before the start of the following tournament. For example, you said you wanted to trade (x) for (x) for it to count for the Monte Carlo tournament. Well, you would have to make your trade before play starts in Monte Carlo (which starts on the 21st) for it to count for that tournament. Make sense? :)

dryrunguy
04-14-2008, 05:53 PM

TA

Anytime between now and the start of play in Monte Carlo, TA. Just make sure it's before the start of play.

And make sure you repost your team, noting the sub, and adjust your credits in the substitution thread in the TSIP forum.

Aziza
04-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Aziza, Amie just posted this this morning. It should help!

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/showthread.php?p=256066#post256066

:) Thank You!

Vlad
04-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Here is my question:

We can change up to 5 players in this contest right? Or is it that one substitution can include 2 changes at once? For example, I want to get rid of Acasuso and Andreev, does that count as 2 subs out of 5 possible?

patrick
04-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Here is my question:

We can change up to 5 players in this contest right? Or is it that one substitution can include 2 changes at once? For example, I want to get rid of Acasuso and Andreev, does that count as 2 subs out of 5 possible?

Yes.

dryrunguy
04-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Here is my question:

That's two subs, Vlad.

Vlad
04-15-2008, 11:30 AM
thanks Patrick and Dry, got ya.

TennisAnyone74
04-15-2008, 01:14 PM
You have to make your trade(s) before the start of the following tournament. For example, you said you wanted to trade (x) for (x) for it to count for the Monte Carlo tournament. Well, you would have to make your trade before play starts in Monte Carlo (which starts on the 21st) for it to count for that tournament. Make sense? :)

Anytime between now and the start of play in Monte Carlo, TA. Just make sure it's before the start of play.

And make sure you repost your team, noting the sub, and adjust your credits in the substitution thread in the TSIP forum.

Thanks, guys! I can be a little dense!

TA

Drop-shot
04-19-2008, 10:24 AM
Given that Fed might not play MC, until when can we make our subs? Tomorrow?

dryrunguy
04-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Given that Fed might not play MC, until when can we make our subs? Tomorrow?

All subs must be made before the first ball is struck in Monte Carlo tomorrow. So sub and keep at your own risk.

Drop-shot
04-19-2008, 10:31 AM
All subs must be made before the first ball is struck in Monte Carlo tomorrow. So sub and keep at your own risk.

YEEKS!!!, I thought we had till Monday :freekingout:

oploskoffie
04-19-2008, 10:39 AM
YEEKS!!!, I thought we had till Monday :freekingout:

So did I!! :cheesy: So, thank you for asking the question! Damn sunday starts...

dryrunguy
04-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Yup, it's a SUNDAY start in Monte Carlo.

Charlie02123
04-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Anyone know a ballpark figure for when Monte Carlo starts in our time (meaning eastern or pacific)? I'm not sure how far ahead they are.

suliso
04-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Anyone know a ballpark figure for when Monte Carlo starts in our time (meaning eastern or pacific)? I'm not sure how far ahead they are.

5 AM EST

Charlie02123
04-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks!

Drop-shot
04-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Not meaning to be impatient, but is there a scoreboard?

dryrunguy
04-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Not meaning to be impatient, but is there a scoreboard?

The spreadsheet is currently being reviewed for accuracy. It'll be posted as soon as it's ready. I'm optimistic it'll be posted within a few hours.

Drop-shot
04-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Just in case... Munich and Barcelona both start on Monday right?

dryrunguy
04-25-2008, 06:18 PM
Just in case... Munich and Barcelona both start on Monday right?

Munich is definitely a Monday start. The Barcelona site doesn't seem to be working properly, but I'm about 99% sure it's a Monday start as well.

Perhaps someone else knows for sure.

Drop-shot
04-25-2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks Dry!

Charlie02123
04-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Question!

If a seeded player lost his first match, but it was in the second round (bye), how many points does he get, 2 or 7? I figured 2, but I thought I'd check.

patrick
04-27-2008, 05:18 AM
Question!

If a seeded player lost his first match, but it was in the second round (bye), how many points does he get, 2 or 7? I figured 2, but I thought I'd check.

Think he gets 7.

oploskoffie
04-27-2008, 05:27 AM
Munich is definitely a Monday start. The Barcelona site doesn't seem to be working properly, but I'm about 99% sure it's a Monday start as well.

Perhaps someone else knows for sure.

Monday starts. You can use the ATP Fantasy game manager as the perfect indicator of when play starts. At this very moment, there are 19 hours and 32 minutes to go :p

Charlie02123
04-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Think he gets 7.

In ATP rankings, any player losing his first match gets the same number of points, regardless of whether he got a bye or not. So I would think it would be 2. I guess it doesn't matter to me though. I think the person I'm thinking of on my team was one of the seeded players, so I'd actually benefit from 7.