PDA

View Full Version : The Slide Into Paris Lounge

TalkAboutTennis
03-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Talk about your picks... Talk about other participants' picks... Complain about the losers on your team... Rejoice over your winners!

Whatever you want to say about this experience, say it here! :cheesy:

Madame
03-26-2008, 06:09 AM
:cool: Men and clay, I like that ....

all going to: http://www.fft.fr/cms/GetObject.asp?Type=5&ID=6989

oploskoffie
04-14-2008, 08:44 AM
Whatever else happens, Gael Monfils has already exceeded my expectations by winning a match :D :p 5 points, yay!

dryrunguy
04-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Whatever else happens, Gael Monfils has already exceeded my expectations by winning a match :D :p 5 points, yay!

Lucky you. Late last night, I took out Andreev and put in Darcis. Darcis retired in his match today. Also took out Gael and put in Berrer. Which of course means Berrer is doomed. I should have left things be...

shtexas
04-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Have I lost yet?

patrick
04-14-2008, 10:28 AM

Ditto but as always I want him to score more before the clay Masters start Monday.

Scotty
04-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Lucky you. Late last night, I took out Andreev and put in Darcis. Darcis retired in his match today. Also took out Gael and put in Berrer. Which of course means Berrer is doomed. I should have left things be...

I, too, am unhappy with Gerber Baby today. Though I sure hope he's not seriously hurt.

Charlie02123
04-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Have I lost yet?

Yes.

JTContinental
04-14-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm starting with an all-Spanish team (plus Sergio Roitman because there were only two Spaniards in the D category). So far, I already have more points than I expected. :cheesy:

Jay
04-14-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm starting with an all-Spanish team (plus Sergio Roitman because there were only two Spaniards in the D category). So far, I already have more points than I expected. :cheesy:

I noticed that last night. You have nothing but Spaniards and one Argentine lol

oohsalmon
04-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Jessie, I love your Paris ready avatar :)

dryrunguy
04-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem that getting a lead in a match is unusually pointless today?

patrick
04-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem that getting a lead in a match is unusually pointless today?

Yes.

shtexas
04-15-2008, 11:15 AM
These fantasy contests make for strange bedfellows.

For example, me rooting for Almagro. :eek:

dryrunguy
04-15-2008, 11:18 AM
These fantasy contests make for strange bedfellows.

For example, me rooting for Almagro. :eek:

Well, you always root for Kiefer. So you're capable of all sorts of madness, shtexas. ;)

oploskoffie
04-15-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm cheering for Sergio Roitman. He just survived a second set breaker against Isner, who was serving like an animal for most of the first set.

e11even
04-15-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm cheering for Sergio Roitman. He just survived a second set breaker against Isner, who was serving like an animal for most of the first set.

I do hope he wins. He's now up a break in the third.

PeterSkan
04-17-2008, 07:24 AM
I can't believe I missed the deadline for this contest. Of course, that does give me more time to kick around in the lounge ... heheheh

Actually, it has been very busy for me ... helping my oldest son move to British Columbia, taking in my daughter's graduation recital in Manitoba, followed by my other daughter's 3rd year recital [*heart melts here*], and having the LASIK procedure on both eyes.

They videotaped the surgery, and my youngest son and I watched it the next day. I gotta tell you, it's pretty creepy!

It's nice not to have to wear glasses, though I'm not grading where I want to be, and where we all expected the results to achieve. But I have a few more weeks of healing yet before we see [pun fully intended] where they wind up. My gorgeous Bollywoodesque surgeon says she hasn't had to do a "touch-up" in over two years. Oh well ... there you go!

JTContinental
04-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Sweet. Three of my armada are in the semis at Valencia

Charlie02123
04-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Hmm. Seems like I'll get an okay score for the week. Federer, Davydenko, Ferrer, and Almagro are all in the semis of their event. Monaco and Roitman each made a quarter, and Guillermo G-L won a match! The rest of my team is resting for their shocking Tier I wins later.

JTContinental
04-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Allez! If Oscar Hernandez can upset James Blake, 4 out of 6 finalists this week will be on my team. Then they'll all crash out in the first round of Monte Carlo, Rome and Hamburg.

suliso
04-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Allez! If Oscar Hernandez can upset James Blake, 4 out of 6 finalists this week will be on my team. Then they'll all crash out in the first round of Monte Carlo, Rome and Hamburg.

If that happens, I will have 5 :D

Drop-shot
04-19-2008, 02:44 PM
If that happens, I will have 5 :D

ditto:cheesy:

JTContinental
04-19-2008, 02:47 PM
So far, I think Marcel Granollers-Pujol has been my best value.

tinamarie
04-19-2008, 02:54 PM

good job picking him, JT:) I've never even heard his name before this week.

James is on my team, so I hope he gets two more wins:)

TennisAnyone74
04-19-2008, 06:54 PM

Mine, too! Although I really didn't know what I was doing, I still ended up with 5 of 6 finalists in the 3 events this week! :cheesy: :shocked: Now I have to make 2 substitutions for Monte Carlo and 1 for Munich the following week. I don't think 5 substitutions are going to be enough for me for this contest.

TA

dryrunguy
04-19-2008, 07:20 PM
You guys talking about all your finalists this weekend.

I'd just be happy if one-third of my team wasn't hell bent on retiring during a match.

patrick
04-19-2008, 07:34 PM
You guys talking about all your finalists this weekend.

I'd just be happy if one-third of my team wasn't hell bent on retiring during a match.

At least, you got points for them making the correct round. Scores are going to be pretty high this week with the expected culprits(Roger,Nikolay,Daveed, and Nicolas) and 2 surprises (Blake on his 1st clay final and Granollers-Pujol) making the finals.

nelslus
04-20-2008, 09:16 AM
WELL, of COURSE BPDN dumps Ferrer out of his team instead of Davydenko. Stupid Davydenko's liver or wrist or whatever the hell is the matter with him.

BPDN Demands A Recount. :cheesy:

Charlie02123
04-20-2008, 10:21 AM
WELL, of COURSE BPDN dumps Ferrer out of his team instead of Davydenko. Stupid Davydenko's liver or wrist or whatever the hell is the matter with him.

Agreed.

TennisAnyone74
04-20-2008, 01:13 PM

Agreed.

Ditto!

TA

Drop-shot
04-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Did Davydenko dare ditch MC?

patrick
04-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Nikolay say that he will be able to play Wednesday per physio. If that is the case, that will at least attempt to help me.

winston
04-21-2008, 06:00 AM
Well it's not yet 7 a.m. here and my team so far looks like this:

:)2 wins
:(2 losses
:confused:2 guys playing each other

TennisAnyone74
04-21-2008, 08:15 AM
Well it's not yet 7 a.m. here and my team so far looks like this:

:)2 wins
:(2 losses
:confused:2 guys playing each other

How about:

:mad:0 wins
AND
:mad:4 losses!

TA

Madame
04-21-2008, 10:43 AM
I spent 10 minutes choosing between Moya and PHK:
picked wrong :(

patrick
04-21-2008, 10:50 AM
I spent 10 minutes choosing between Moya and PHK:
picked wrong :(

I kicked Monaco out for Moya thinking it was a good move since my players are on the bottom half of the bracket to begin with but the American had other plans for me:mad:

kandi
04-21-2008, 10:53 AM
No kidding - Carlitos? LOST?

So much for my winning record - I'm at 1 win, 3 losses for today.

Drop-shot
04-21-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm 1-2 for MC. One of those losses coming at the always able hands of Tommy Haas. He's my worst pick EVER. I chose him because it looked like he had a shot at gaining me some points at Houston but lost to I don't even wanna know who in Round 1, and now he withdraws again in Round 1.

I'm REALLY starting to lose my patience with him. *sharpens knives*

TennisAnyone74
04-21-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm 1-2 for MC. One of those losses coming at the always able hands of Tommy Haas. He's my worst pick EVER. I chose him because it looked like he had a shot at gaining me some points at Houston but lost to I don't even wanna know who in Round 1, and now he withdraws again in Round 1.

I'm REALLY starting to lose my patience with him. *sharpens knives*

Yep. I think I'm going to have to give Tommy the old heave ho myself. Pretty-ing up my team is not reason enough to keep him. He really disappointed me in Houston as well. I thought I'd have two finalists - Blake and Tommy - on my team. Turns out I still had the two finalists on my team - go figure.

TA

Drop-shot
04-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Volandri lost:(
My team is falling fast

e11even
04-22-2008, 10:23 AM
My team ain't looking good either. Simon, Calleri and Acasuso have been performing below expectations, but I don't feel like wasting subs for them! :mad:

mrjiggyfly2
04-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Not the time for Volandri to lay down. He can do that during hard or grass seasons. :mad:

patrick
04-22-2008, 10:46 AM
At least, you guys had players to participate. I was short 4 players this week as 2 of them decided to play a challenger and 1 did not qualify for MC.

Charlie02123
04-27-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm excited for the scores to come out this week!

I think I'll move up a spot or two. Andreev really paid off this week. Did anyone have Querrey? If so, they're a genius.

I think now it'll come down to how good everyone is at using subs. A good run by a C or D player could also make a big difference.

Fun times.

e11even
04-27-2008, 11:27 PM
I feel helpless that I couldn't waste subs to bring in Kohlschreiber to replace Simon in my team before Munich. :( Any injury report on Gilles?

TennisAnyone74
04-28-2008, 06:15 AM
I feel helpless that I couldn't waste subs to bring in Kohlschreiber to replace Simon in my team before Munich. :( Any injury report on Gilles?

But I thought you were a "risk taker"?! :)

TA

e11even
04-28-2008, 10:17 AM
But I thought you were a "risk taker"?! :)

TA

Yeah, that's why I'm taking the risk of saving my subs instead, which for now looks like a greater risk! ;)

TennisAnyone74
04-29-2008, 08:25 PM
You have GOT to be kidding me! Munich is killing me! First I thought Gasquet was entered - he's not, so wasted substitution last week. I kept Haas because he was in Munich. Guess what? He's out with a shoulder injury. Substituted Kohlschreiber for Nieminen because Kohls was in Munich. Oh no he's not! He's out with an illness. This team is killing me!

TA

Charlie02123
04-29-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm so stoked that Kohlschreiber pulled out! I was really regretting not having him on my team.

Go Andreev! Go Moya! Go Almagro! Go Ancic!

Aziza
04-30-2008, 01:31 AM
:pissedoff:
I'm so stoked that Kohlschreiber pulled out! I was really regretting not having him on my team.

Go Andreev! Go Moya! Go Almagro! Go Ancic!

Drop-shot
04-30-2008, 08:05 AM
You have GOT to be kidding me! Munich is killing me! First I thought Gasquet was entered - he's not, so wasted substitution last week. I kept Haas because he was in Munich. Guess what? He's out with a shoulder injury. Substituted Kohlschreiber for Nieminen because Kohls was in Munich. Oh no he's not! He's out with an illness. This team is killing me!

TA

Haas is the biggest mistake I have ever made in fantasy tennis. Luckily I dumped him before Munich, although I hesitated. Now that he's retired from Munich AND Rome I'm so glad I kicked him out.

Scotty
04-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Haas is the biggest mistake I have ever made in fantasy tennis. Luckily I dumped him before Munich, although I hesitated. Now that he's retired from Munich AND Rome I'm so glad I kicked him out.

Agreed on the biggest mistake part. I thought he'd rack up some points at Houston and Munich.

I 'm not only going to dump him, I'm also going to give him a thorough spanking. :cheesy:

oploskoffie
04-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Agreed on the biggest mistake part. I thought he'd rack up some points at Houston and Munich.

I 'm not only going to dump him, I'm also going to give him a thorough spanking. :cheesy:

I'm getting in line for that. Leave something for me to kick.

:mad:

TennisAnyone74
04-30-2008, 12:12 PM

At least you had the foresight to dump him before Munich. Now I'll have to use my final, precious substitution to replace him. That Category B pick earned me all of, what . . . 2 points??!!!! I don't think there will be much left of Tommy once everyone who put him on his/her team is finished with him. The line is already forming!

TA

Drop-shot
04-30-2008, 01:31 PM
At least you had the foresight to dump him before Munich. Now I'll have to use my final, precious substitution to replace him. That Category B pick earned me all of, what . . . 2 points??!!!! I don't think there will be much left of Tommy once everyone who put him on his/her team is finished with him. The line is already forming!

TA

Reminds me of that scene from "Airplane!" where they're all lining up to hit the hysterical lady. (I'm carrying a sledgehammer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3rXK7NhWN8

(2:45 aprox)

Don't know how to attach the video directly

suliso
05-03-2008, 11:16 PM
I thought I might lose a lot of points this week, but I checked and kandi is the only poster to have anyone besides Nadal and Ferrer in SF this week :laugh:

Charlie02123
05-04-2008, 01:02 AM
I thought I might lose a lot of points this week, but I checked and kandi is the only poster to have anyone besides Nadal and Ferrer in SF this week :laugh:

Wait a minute, you mean there were other players playing this week besides Nadal and Ferrer? :confused:

:p

Drop-shot
05-04-2008, 10:13 AM
It's true:shocked: Fed isn't listed in Hamburg. Any official confirmation?

Martini4me
05-07-2008, 12:20 PM
I think everyone had Nadal on their team, so his surprising result is no net loss for anyone. But only a few of us have Ferrero, so here's hoping he has a long run. (Unfortunately, I subbed in Nalbandian as an A this week, and Kohlschreiber as a B last week, so I'll still suck).

winston
05-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Well, I'm left relying on Davydenko and Stepanek. (That's assuming of course that Starace does eventually lose to Karlovic.) I honestly didn't think I could do any worse than the first week of this contest, but obviously I was wrong.

tinamarie
05-07-2008, 12:33 PM
I think everyone had Nadal on their team, so his surprising result is no net loss for anyone. But only a few of us have Ferrero, so here's hoping he has a long run. (Unfortunately, I subbed in Nalbandian as an A this week, and Kohlschreiber as a B last week, so I'll still suck).

argh, me too.second day of the week and I have only four players left, three of them in the upper half So in my perfect world, Bolelli makes it his second consecutive final where he meets federer who beat almagro in the semis who in turn beat andreev in the quarters who upset djokovic. (I dont want to be difficult, so a federer-andreev semi would be fine with me as well;) )

Drop-shot
05-07-2008, 12:43 PM
argh, me too.second day of the week and I have only four players left, three of them in the upper half So in my perfect world, Bolelli makes it his second consecutive final where he meets federer who beat almagro in the semis who in turn beat andreev in the quarters who upset djokovic. (I dont want to be difficult, so a federer-andreev semi would be fine with me as well;) )

Starace is working hard to leave me with four players only (3 in the upper half, although there still is hope for the bottom half with Davydenko).

TennisAnyone74
05-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Today just decimated my team! Bu-bye to Ferrer, Acasuso, Mahut, and Nadal. I only have two players left! So here's to Davydenko and Almagro making the finals!

TA

Foxykhat
05-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Today just decimated my team! Bu-bye to Ferrer, Acasuso, Mahut, and Nadal. I only have two players left! So here's to Davydenko and Almagro making the finals!

TA

I so hear you except I traded Acasuso some weeks ago but Ferrer, Lapenti, Mahut, and Nadal slaughtered my hopes today

Foxy

suliso
05-07-2008, 01:21 PM
No way I will hold on this week... Draw was really bad for my team - I had only Nadal in the bottom half and now he is gone too...

Drop-shot
05-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Dear Nikolay,
Get your act together and win the third set or your wife will never see daylight again.

Your's Truly,
Concerned Slide into Paris Contestant

GVGirl
05-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Dear Nikolay,
Get your act together and win the third set or your wife will never see daylight again.

Your's Truly,

:hyst:

I keep forgetting that I'm in this contest. Maybe I should do some substitutions.;)

suliso
05-08-2008, 01:49 PM
The only scenario which can still save me is Davydenko losing to Robredo; Robredo to Roddick and Almagro taking out Djokovic. I hope I am not asking for too much :cheesy:

TennisAnyone74
05-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Dear Nikolay,

Your's Truly,

YES!!!!! I think he heard you! If not, I'll bring the duct tape!

TA

winston
05-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Well thanks to Disco Tommy finally getting his act together, the lone egg remaining in my Rome Slide basket is.......wait for it......Stepanek!

Drop-shot
05-08-2008, 02:35 PM

TA

OK, I'll PM you my location.
Dear TAT, TennisAnyone and I may be gone for a while until the Interpol gets off our backs. We'll try to be back for Wimby.

patrick
05-08-2008, 02:43 PM

TA

Bring the duct tape for Nikolay, please.

kandi
05-08-2008, 03:23 PM
OUCH. My lone surviving entrant this week is - (drum roll please) BLAKE. May I please have a hurricane?

Charlie02123
05-08-2008, 04:12 PM
OUCH. My lone surviving entrant this week is - (drum roll please) BLAKE. May I please have a hurricane?

Lol.

I still have Federer. And Almagro is he's still around. I forget.

Drop-shot
05-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Lol.

I still have Federer. And Almagro is he's still around. I forget.

He's there, but he plays Djokovic tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Charlie02123
05-08-2008, 06:23 PM
He's there, but he plays Djokovic tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Yeah, but doesn't he still have a little bit of a sore throat? I mean, I'm surprised he's even been able to step foot on court! He's a hero! I just hope he doesn't make that mild cough any worse and permanently jeopardize his career!

Foxykhat
05-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Well I'm not without a single player left thanks to Fed and Almagro

Foxy

TennisAnyone74
05-09-2008, 01:52 PM

Foxy

Yep! I'm done too. Almagro was my last hope. Between this slide (and believe me, I'm sliding down) and the predictions, I may as well drink myself into oblivion because I can't do any worse than I'm doing (and have done these past few weeks)!

TA

nelslus
05-09-2008, 03:42 PM

Foxy

I still have Djokovic on my team.

Nelslus feels so dirty. :cheesy:

patrick
05-09-2008, 03:50 PM

Foxy

Me too. I was doomed from the start this week.

JTContinental
05-09-2008, 04:16 PM
I still have Djokovic on my team.

Nelslus feels so dirty. :cheesy:

I've got...Roddick. Eek.

suliso
05-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Replacing Nadal with Djokovic would have been a great move, but unfortunately Suliso was not THAT smart :(

Drop-shot
05-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Yep! I'm done too. Almagro was my last hope. Between this slide (and believe me, I'm sliding down) and the predictions, I may as well drink myself into oblivion because I can't do any worse than I'm doing (and have done these past few weeks)!

TA

All my team was ousted today. And my predictions, well for Rome I calculate a whopping 7 points!:shocked:

Scotty
05-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Can we re-name this the Playground slide? Because that's how fast my scores are falling.

dryrunguy
05-10-2008, 03:51 AM
At this point, it's looking like the "Smart Sub of the Week" honor would have gone to anyone who subbed in Roddick... Which I'm pretty sure was no one. I thought about it briefly and then promptly hit myself over the head with a brick. Twice.

patrick
05-10-2008, 04:27 AM
At this point, it's looking like the "Smart Sub of the Week" honor would have gone to anyone who subbed in Roddick... Which I'm pretty sure was no one. I thought about it briefly and then promptly hit myself over the head with a brick. Twice.

Or Stepanek and Wawrinka as some people already have Novak.

Drop-shot
05-10-2008, 07:35 AM
I'm kissing my medal hopes goodbye after seeing the Hamburg draw.

nelslus
05-21-2008, 07:43 AM
UGGGGGHHHHH. Had a bunch of players for these last two tournaments. AND- of course- they're all dropping like flies. All gone- Garcia Lopez, Young, Gulbis, Freakin' Monfils (who at least managed to win ONE match- moron), and MOST ESPECIALLY, Immortal Dumb-Ass Ancic- who loses TWO match points against Clay Court Immortal Ginepri.

Hell, everyone still has Davydenko- therefore, he's a non-issue. SO- Nelslus' hopes and dreams for another pretty little medal (BRONZE WILL DO!!!!!!!!!) probably rest with.....wait for it......Melzer. :cheesy:

Not that nelslus takes these contests seriously or anything.....:rolleyes:

suliso
05-21-2008, 08:24 AM
UGGGGGHHHHH. Had a bunch of players for these last two tournaments. AND- of course- they're all dropping like flies. All gone- Garcia Lopez, Young, Gulbis, Freakin' Monfils (who at least managed to win ONE match- moron), and MOST ESPECIALLY, Immortal Dumb-Ass Ancic- who loses TWO match points against Clay Court Immortal Ginepri.

Surely you didn't think he had a chance against the King himself?

mrjiggyfly2
05-21-2008, 09:01 AM
I was going to put Calleri in over Monfils, but did not. 6-3, 6-2 to Oscar Hernandez :confused:

Jack
05-21-2008, 07:22 PM

Hell, everyone still has Davydenko- therefore, he's a non-issue. SO- Nelslus' hopes and dreams for another pretty little medal (BRONZE WILL DO!!!!!!!!!) probably rest with.....wait for it......Melzer. :cheesy:

Not that nelslus takes these contests seriously or anything.....:rolleyes:

If Ventura beats Tsonga tomorrow, I'll look like a freakin' genius.

e11even
05-22-2008, 11:30 AM
I must say that Simon entering the qualies in Casablanca has turned out to be the biggest boost to my team in the homestretch! :cool:

Allez Gilles! :thumbsup:

nelslus
05-22-2008, 12:33 PM
I must say that Simon entering the qualies in Casablanca has turned out to be the biggest boost to my team in the homestretch! :cool:

Allez Gilles! :thumbsup:

Here is how things look- at least from a glance on nelslus' part:

*From what I can tell, your Simon/Monaco/Melzer picks should have you sitting pretty for a medal.

*It looks to me like Jack is pretty much dead as far as a medal is concerned.

*I only have Davydenko left- albeit just about everyone else has Davydenko, too- so, eat it, Melzer.

*In addition to of course Davydenko- nelslus is also now rooting MIGHTILY for Tsonga and Ljubicic to win their tournaments. Hell, Simon would be fine, too, since I think that e11even's the only one to have Simon. (A pretty little bronze medal would be just FINE for nelslus, thanks.) For sure- Monaco, Calleri and Benneteau must DIE- or, at the very least, not win their tournaments. The likes of tinamarie and suliso are FAR too close to nelslus' score for comfort. :(

e11even
05-22-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm not sure how the scores stand right now, but I'll also be very happy to get at least another TAT-FT bronze medal! :cool:

Simon and Monaco FTW!!! :thumbsup:

suliso
05-22-2008, 02:10 PM
The likes of tinamarie and suliso are FAR too close to nelslus' score for comfort. :(

People like suliso have only Davydenko and Calleri left and should be of no threat to the mighty nelslus :cheesy:

nelslus
05-22-2008, 04:34 PM
People like suliso have only Davydenko and Calleri left and should be of no threat to the mighty nelslus :cheesy:

Nelslus does not buy this innocent act. Suliso wishes to rob nelslus of his much deserved pretty little bronze medal. :mad:

nelslus
05-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Not mentionin' any names.....but SOME of y'all better get these results together, STAT. :mad:

Jay
05-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Not mentionin' any names.....but SOME of y'all better get these results together, STAT. :mad:
LOL. I know you're talking about me ;)

We'll get the scores up as soon as possible. The scoreboard takes a bit to get up :)

If we don't have it up tonight, we'll have them up by tomorrow, for sure. Sorry to keep you waiting.

Charlie02123
05-24-2008, 11:27 PM
If we don't have it up tonight, we'll have them up by tomorrow, for sure. Sorry to keep you waiting.

You had better be! It's not like you're also competing in a ton of contests and also have a life. :mad::mad::mad:

Drop-shot
05-25-2008, 07:18 AM
You had better be! It's not like you're also competing in a ton of contests and also have a life. :mad::mad::mad:

LOL
impatient lil group aren't we:)

nelslus
05-25-2008, 07:20 AM
The HECK with Jessie having a life.

Nelslus needs a consoling pretty little bronze medal (....he hopes?!?!?) as consolation after the freakin' Oli Rochus debacle today.

kandi
05-25-2008, 02:04 PM
aaawwwwwwwwww Carlitos! Send me a consolation margarita, please --

mrjiggyfly2
05-25-2008, 02:15 PM
The suspense is still growing as to the final results. There appears to be some technical difficulties. I'm actuall still trying to figure if there's a way that I can manipulate the system to give me enough points to complete the greatest comeback in TAT contest history.

Seriously,

We're trying to work through some technical glitches. If scores are not up later this evening, they will definitely be up first thing tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience.

nelslus
05-25-2008, 02:34 PM
LOL. I know you're talking about me ;)

We'll get the scores up as soon as possible. The scoreboard takes a bit to get up :)

Why, you lying little tramp......:cheesy:

nelslus
05-25-2008, 02:35 PM
LOOK. Nelslus does not care about these freakin' technical difficulties of yours. Use a CALCULATOR. Nelslus sez, you all can give up food, water, showers, washroom privileges (how's THAT for not being too crass while we have guests in the house of TAT?!?!?) and sleep UNTIL YOU ALL GIVE NELSLUS HIS FLIPPIN' PRETTY LITTLE BRONZE MEDAL.

For heaven's sakes- nelslus was one of the Rochus pickers. Hasn't nelslus suffered enough today?!?!? :mad:

Kirkus
05-25-2008, 02:40 PM
I got yer little bronze medal right here, bub.

nelslus
05-25-2008, 02:42 PM
I got yer little bronze medal right here, bub.

Nelslus would prefer a pretty little bronze medal that hasn't quite been so overly-used. :gorgeous:

mrjiggyfly2
05-25-2008, 02:48 PM
If we don't get our automation back, we'll be going to the calculators tonight. I can get pretty creative with numbers when left to my own device.

nelslus
05-25-2008, 02:58 PM
If we don't get our automation back, we'll be going to the calculators tonight. I can get pretty creative with numbers when left to my own device.

Don't forget the Hell Bus. Nelslus has a very special mrjiggyfly2-Brand calculator in hell JUST waiting for you if there's any funny-business here, Mister. :cheesy:

mrjiggyfly2
05-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Don't forget the Hell Bus. Nelslus has a very special mrjiggyfly2-Brand calculator in hell JUST waiting for you if there's any funny-business here, Mister. :cheesy:

If that doesn't keep me in line, nothing will :shocked:

e11even
05-25-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm joining nelslus in clamoring for the release of the results, especially with Dulko hanging in the balance for me in the SP! :rockon:

Drop-shot
05-25-2008, 04:33 PM
This delay better be a result of you trying to conjure the numbers so I too get a medal. If not I'm going to petition a recount until I win, a la Florida:cheesy:

Jack
05-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Did nelslus not read the fine print in the rules that there are points off for badgering the judges? Keep it up, tough guy, and I'll move back into medal contention!

Jay
05-25-2008, 06:25 PM
The suspense is still growing as to the final results. There appears to be some technical difficulties. I'm actuall still trying to figure if there's a way that I can manipulate the system to give me enough points to complete the greatest comeback in TAT contest history.

Seriously,

We're trying to work through some technical glitches. If scores are not up later this evening, they will definitely be up first thing tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience.
mhhm. What he said. We'll try to get them up as soon as possible, but please bear with us :)

Why, you lying little tramp......:cheesy:
LOL I was not lying :p That was posted before the technical difficulties.:p

This delay better be a result of you trying to conjure the numbers so I too get a medal. If not I'm going to petition a recount until I win, a la Florida:cheesy: riiight, riiight..whatever you say ;)

Did nelslus not read the fine print in the rules that there are points off for badgering the judges? Keep it up, tough guy, and I'll move back into medal contention!
Mrj isn't the only one who can get creative with numbers:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Kirkus
05-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Nelslus would prefer a pretty little bronze medal that hasn't quite been so overly-used. :gorgeous:

Ha! Like you'd know the difference. :p

nelslus
05-25-2008, 07:02 PM
Ha! Like you'd know the difference. :p

Trust me, BPDN knows the difference in the medals he has been awarded. Believe you me, back in the day, BPDN had QUITE his fair shair of gold, silver AND bronze medals. :gorgeous:

Kirkus
05-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Awards have been given! Congratulations to you all!! :)

Jay
05-29-2008, 07:52 PM
I told you Nelslus that you would get your medal ;)

now learn some patience!! :bat:

:kiss::kiss:

Jack
05-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Could someone provide step-by-step instructions on how one would go about removing one of nelslus' medals?

nelslus
05-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Could someone provide step-by-step instructions on how one would go about removing one of nelslus' medals?

Enter yourself into a hideous, violent and unholy death, and then try to wrestle said medal out of nelslus' cold, damp, rotting and vise-like corpse-grip.

PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!